ADVERTISEMENT

What is this an ad for and why am I receiving it?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
As much as I am opposed to the influence of social media companies and search engines to spy on my viewing habits, I am often amazed at the accuracy of some of the ads that they choose for me. That said, I'm seeing one for "Pour Emporter, Vendredi 20H, ICI ARTV" at the top of the McAndrew page and I have no idea what it is advertising or even what language (French or Spanish, I think) it may be. Anyone else seeing this? Do you know who the company is and what they are advertising?

That's the ad I'm looking at right now. Who knows. I'm on my work computer and have cookies, etc. turned off, so doubt it's targeted.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
As much as I am opposed to the influence of social media companies and search engines to spy on my viewing habits, I am often amazed at the accuracy of some of the ads that they choose for me. That said, I'm seeing one for "Pour Emporter, Vendredi 20H, ICI ARTV" at the top of the McAndrew page and I have no idea what it is advertising or even what language (French or Spanish, I think) it may be. Anyone else seeing this? Do you know who the company is and what they are advertising?

I have Adblocker running and dont see any of that.

Reactions: PS4814 and JR4PSU
French: "Pour Emporter Vendredi 20H" translates literally to "For Takeout Friday 10 PM". I assume that is the name and time of the show being advertised. Google says "Ici ARTV is a Canadian French language Category A specialty channel specializing in the arts and culture including music, dance, theatre, visual arts, films and scripted television series."

I have the same ad.
8dbe1f658bc980ce8188cdb9a2615aee.gif

ADVERTISEMENT