ADVERTISEMENT

What is the best tire shine product?

What leaves the best and longest shine on your tires after washing your vehicle?
I have used many over the years. Biggest thing is to get tires as clean as possible. Prep is key. Cleaner is key. Can get more gloss with additional clear coat applications.
This product lasts 6 months or more, unless you wash your car every other day.
http://tufshine.com/

I use a product named Butter Wet. I've not found anything I like (will give Tufshine a shot as I've never heard of it). My problem is that the chemicals seem to pick up dirt making it last a very short time. In addition, it often leaks onto the rims causing them to get dirty faster as well.

Reactions: BBrown
I use a product named Butter Wet. I've not found anything I like (will give Tufshine a shot as I've never heard of it). My problem is that the chemicals seem to pick up dirt making it last a very short time. In addition, it often leaks onto the rims causing them to get dirty faster as well.

I did not have that problem with tough coat. It dries quickly, and I would put (spray) on the application sponge and not directly on tire so not to overspray and keep it on the tire. I didn't experience any dripping onto wheels, and since it dried in 5 minutes I did not accumulate any dust

Reactions: Obliviax
I use Armor All spray. Looks nice but doesn't last. Same with McGuire's Ultimate.

Reactions: BBrown
All that stuff, particularly ArmorAll, claims to be a “conditioner” or even a protectant... but actually it’s liquid dry-rot...

RV owners know not to apply that crap as it’s bad for the rubber/good way to kill expensive tires

By far the best is Moreshine by a company called Stoner, as a bonus it is aerosol. Some are long lasting but actually attract dust and turn brown after a few days. I like all things Griots garage but they are $$.

Try and find a can of Moreshine. As a bonus tip if spraying on your driveway push a flat piece of cardboard up against the tire to prevent overspray marks. Another quick tip buy a really cheap can of black gloss spray paint and spray the underside of your wheel wells a couple times a year. You will be surprised how much cleaner that makes your car look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT