ADVERTISEMENT

What I like about playing Ohio State this weekend....

Nashville Lion

Sep 25, 2005
Bottom line for our squad....no pressure whatsoever. No one expects them to win. Not the media, not the voters in the polls, not Ohio State, not college football fans...hell probably most of us don't expect to win. In fact, deep down even our guys don't expect to win. I know our players know they can win...but they probably don't expect to win. Is there anything wrong with that??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! You know why?? It allows our kids to play loose.
I say go in there...have fun, let it all hang out and give it your best shot. Play with emotion and don't leave anything out on the field. I hope the coaches take risks and the players believe in themselves. I KNOW they can win even if I don't expect it. That is okay!! That is why we play the games.
I feel like at times this season our coaches coached not to lose...like against Army and Temple. Temple bit us in the butt. Do I think we are better than Temple...yes, I do? If we play that game 10 times I think we win 7 or 8 times out of ten...but on that day, our coaches coached not to lose.
There is zero pressure....they are the defending national champs. They are the number 1 team in the land. They are the ones with heisman candidates...like Elliott. We are the hunters now...they are the hunted. Let's go PSU...win or lose, I will be proud of our kids and I would not trade them for any of the OSU players. We are....

Bottom line for our squad....no pressure whatsoever. No one expects them to win. Not the media, not the voters in the polls, not Ohio State, not college football fans...hell probably most of us don't expect to win. In fact, deep down even our guys don't expect to win. I know our players know they can win...but they probably don't expect to win. Is there anything wrong with that??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! You know why?? It allows our kids to play loose.
I say go in there...have fun, let it all hang out and give it your best shot. Play with emotion and don't leave anything out on the field. I hope the coaches take risks and the players believe in themselves. I KNOW they can win even if I don't expect it. That is okay!! That is why we play the games.
I feel like at times this season our coaches coached not to lose...like against Army and Temple. Temple bit us in the butt. Do I think we are better than Temple...yes, I do? If we play that game 10 times I think we win 7 or 8 times out of ten...but on that day, our coaches coached not to lose.
There is zero pressure....they are the defending national champs. They are the number 1 team in the land. They are the ones with heisman candidates...like Elliott. We are the hunters now...they are the hunted. Let's go PSU...win or lose, I will be proud of our kids and I would not trade them for any of the OSU players. We are....

Agreed, I also like the idea that all these young kids are getting a chance to play on a big stage in front of a big audience. That experience should help them down the road no matter the outcome.

I like this game because it is a classic trap game for O$U. Good chance they will be looking ahead to the huge match up next week, on the banks, against arch rival Rutgers. :rolleyes:

I like this game because we're going to win. They won't be able to stop both our passing and running games. They can't move the ball for at least the first quarter. Go all out to score a bunch of points in the first quarter. Quick passes, screens, jet sweeps, throw-backs. Get that 14-0 lead early. If we can get a turnover or two on defense after that, we can make that 21-0 easy. Then we're in great shape. Dissension in the ranks will help us. Ohio State will start with predictable playcalling, and we can just sit back and pick off the passes. Run the ball after that to maintain possession time and that's all she wrote. 31-21 good guys, with a couple of late O$U touchdowns (one where the league SHOULD apologize for some blown calls / missed calls).

I like this game because we're going to win. They won't be able to stop both our passing and running games. They can't move the ball for at least the first quarter. Go all out to score a bunch of points in the first quarter. Quick passes, screens, jet sweeps, throw-backs. Get that 14-0 lead early. If we can get a turnover or two on defense after that, we can make that 21-0 easy. Then we're in great shape. Dissension in the ranks will help us. Ohio State will start with predictable playcalling, and we can just sit back and pick off the passes. Run the ball after that to maintain possession time and that's all she wrote. 31-21 good guys, with a couple of late O$U touchdowns (one where the league SHOULD apologize for some blown calls / missed calls).
I love the enthusiasm, but you're telling me an offense that struggled to put up 20 on Army at home is going to put up 31 at Ohio State? I get the weather was bad and no Barkley, but I don't see scoring 31 on them.
I'm not saying we can't win, but we need it to be a 17-14 type game IMHO.

Yeah, I'm sure it will be a piece of cake to just "go all out and score a bunch of points" while jumping out to a 21-0 lead on the #1 team on the road. Especially for a team that lost to Temple, almost lost to an Army team that completed one pass in the entire game, and trailed San Diego State before pulling away.

Love the enthusiasm, anything can happen, hope springs eternal.

OSU might kick our buttes, but I believe it will be a close game and we might actually pull the upset..

I think the OSU boys, including MEYER, is hating the pub that UM is getting and that they are the talk of the big ten. The only thing being said about OSU is how bad they look and how many close games they are playing in.. "Last year's FSU" - ranked on what they accomplished on the prior year

Heartily agree ...Run hard and bombs away! Run blitz's all day long. 4th and long ...no problem.

It will be a good atmosphere. Cannot wait to watch the game. Hope it is a good hard fought game...no injuries for either team...and a close game.

Reactions: JBott
OSU might kick our buttes, but I believe it will be a close game and we might actually pull the upset..

I think the OSU boys, including MEYER, is hating the pub that UM is getting and that they are the talk of the big ten. The only thing being said about OSU is how bad they look and how many close games they are playing in.. "Last year's FSU" - ranked on what they accomplished on the prior year
They might kick our buttes, but they better stay away from our mesas and plateaus!

Agreed. I like it because PSU after the horrific OOC schedule will finally be discussed on GameDay. ESPN haters aside, I enjoy that show but I enjoy it much more when they discuss my PSU or UC teams.

Sagarins believes this game will be closer than most talking heads will say, 10 pts. If it were a day game I would have more faith but with the night game on national tv I fear the worst.

BTW Nashville, I will be there for my son's soccer tournament this weekend. If you go out to watch the game I may sneak away and join you.

ADVERTISEMENT