ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think is reasonable for an attorney to charge for LLC with 2 .....

Are you kidding me?
Go to Google or Bing and look up 'Delaware Corporations'. The results will refer you to 'registered agents' who will form the LLC for you -- in Delaware you cannot form the LLC by yourself. There is a standard fee for the year, discounted for a part of the year and then the Delaware Corporate office will apply a yearly 'Franchise Fee' for your LLC based on the numbers of shares outstanding for any future years the LLC is in good standing.
Next, be careful of the business bank account, new regulations will not allow you to open a business account unless the business -- LLC in this case -- is registered in that state. And you must be present, with LLC paperwork to open the account. That would mean filing a 'Foreign Corp' statement for the business in the 'foreign' state. This means tax on the LLC earnings in the 'foreign' state. This procedure is all about 'money control'. If you have international revenue, keep the international revenue off-shore in Bermuda or some other tax haven (there are ways to bring that money into the US) or filing corporation documents in an international domicile.

If you absolutely need an attorney, find one for business matters, not incorporation...and a good Accounting firm for tax updates and auditing your yearly statements.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Do not do it yourself! It should be anywhere between $750. -$1,500 with a good attorney. Spend the money if what you have is worth protecting. Also an umbrella policy for liability may be a good option.

I formed a Chapter S corporation in 2010. I hired a lawyer and paid him $1200. It was well worth it. There are many subtleties that he took care of. You don't want to screw this up! If you do, the IRS could have a field day with your corporate tax return. By the way, you will definitely need to hire an accountant to do your taxes. If you have corporate income and deductions you won't be able to file your returns yourself and get it right.

I formed a Chapter S corporation in 2010. I hired a lawyer and paid him $1200. It was well worth it. There are many subtleties that he took care of. You don't want to screw this up! If you do, the IRS could have a field day with your corporate tax return. By the way, you will definitely need to hire an accountant to do your taxes. If you have corporate income and deductions you won't be able to file your returns yourself and get it right.
A one person LLC is very simple. However, if there are two or members, you need to have a limited liability company/operating agreement that spells out the relationship among the members, including sharing of profits and losses, compensation, day to day decision making, major matters decision making, the ability to transfer membership interests, the ability to add new partners, etc. That is what you need a lawyer for.

ADVERTISEMENT