ADVERTISEMENT

What are you looking forward to the most in the upcoming wrestling season?

bwfight

Feb 6, 2014
I am really looking forward to the upcoming wrestling season. In particular, I am excited to see how our new starters do this year. What are you looking forward to the most?

Reactions: kevin310
I am looking forward to seeing Robbie finally get to compete, Van Ness explain to everybody "Yanni who, 149 is mine", Levi just kick ass, Facundo begin the process of taking his place among PSU greats and RBY smoke an outgunned Spencer. Plus the normal 4 or 5 individual champions and HR's annual month of March implosion.

While we already have a murderers row from 174-285, I want to see our guys at 141-165 get going and just start wrecking people. I think BB can AA at 141 and SVN has the potential to be a destroyer of worlds if he cleans up some of that high school wrestler wildness we saw in Freestyle when he last did that. I also think Facundo could surprise in a very deep 165 field this year.

Howard and what Cael/Casey throw out at 157 are the only question marks.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwfight
Haines at 125. Stay healthy. Get to AA
Barlett at 141. Will his offense open up being at his natural weight. (I am skeptical but hope he is top 6)
Van Ness at 149. Will he dominate and put up points ( top 6-8)
Levi at 157. Will he dominate and put up points. (Top 4-6)
Facundo at 165. Can he crack top 8

133, 174 , 184 , 197 and hwt making it back to the semis and getting all 5 in the finals

Reactions: Ski
Haines at 125. Stay healthy. Get to AA
Barlett at 141. Will his offense open up being at his natural weight. (I am skeptical but hope he is top 6)
Van Ness at 149. Will he dominate and put up points ( top 6-8)
Levi at 157. Will he dominate and put up points. (Top 4-6)
Facundo at 165. Can he crack top 8

133, 174 , 184 , 197 and hwt making it back to the semis and getting all 5 in the finals
FIFY
Howard at 125....

What the 1st dual line up looks like compared to who will be in Big10 Tournament

125, 141, 149, 157, 165. A lot of new faces and a new weight. Haines and Pierce can wrestle 5 and keep the shirt so that will be interesting.

Reactions: bwfight
This season should be among the most interesting for Penn State fans.

We’re treated to the return of defending champions RBY, Starocci, Brooks and Dean.

We get to watch Kerk battle for one of his own.

We’ll see what Bartlett can do at a more natural competition weight for him.

We see the return of a (reportedly healthy) Robbie Howard.

And the highly anticipated debuts of three very high level recruits in SVN, Levi and Facundo.

I’m as excited for this season as any under Cael.

This season should be among the most interesting for Penn State fans.

We’re treated to the return of defending champions RBY, Starocci, Brooks and Dean.

We get to watch Kerk battle for one of his own.

We’ll see what Bartlett can do at a more natural competition weight for him.

We see the return of a (reportedly healthy) Robbie Howard.

And the highly anticipated debuts of three very high level recruits in SVN, Levi and Facundo.

I’m as excited for this season as any under Cael.
Sure like to see Steveson go out with another L

That Penn State line-up is scary good, especially considering that other than seniors RBY and Max the team is very young. If the newest young guns make the gains many of us believe they can, that will be one impressive team! Individually, I am especially interested to see SVN. I anticipate great things from him. Add to it having such a talent as Haines there in the wings as a true freshman just doesn't seem fair, but I can live with it : )

Van Ness, Bartletts’ development and how 57 shakes out in the end.

Who adds what to their arsenal.

ADVERTISEMENT