ADVERTISEMENT

What a tool

In an alternate reality, all people are tools, and the tool counterparts of some people are as follows:

Zain - pliers
Cenzo - crowbar
Matt Brown - hacksaw
Nolf - chisel
Bo Nickal - clamps
Nico - bungee cord

:)

1-Knock out some fools
2-Go to 3 or 4 colleges
3-Have your dad go on forums and tell snowflakes to get back in their caves.
4-Have dad declare you NCAA champ.
5-Tell everyone talking out the side of their neck that it's hands on sight.
Congrats, you're a BAMF with all the tools.

I'll give it a shot.
1. Pushing while attempting no offense just to get a stalling call.
2. Backing out to the edge of the mat.
3. Deadlift champ.
4. Hand fighting in neutral as best offensive weapon.
5. Skip a tough match to attend a friend's wedding.
If you have a guy with 4 out of these 5 that’s good enough. Tell him you don’t want him to go, then smack him in the face and send him out.

Last edited:
In an alternate reality, all people are tools, and the tool counterparts of some people ae as follows:

Zain - pliers
Cenzo - crowbar
Matt Brown - hacksaw
Nolf - chisel
Bo Nickal - clamps
Nico - bungee cord

:)
Zain - pipe bender (or a vice)
Matt Browm - sledgehammer
Jason - Swiss Army knife
Frank Molinaro - Gorilla glue
David Taylor - heat gun

The 5 baseball tools are speed, power, hitting for average, fielding and arm strength. Pujols had 3 of them.

The 5 baseball tools are speed, power, hitting for average, fielding and arm strength. Pujols had 3 of them.

Before Rolen arrived, Phat Albert was a hell of a 3B, then he just “grew” into a 1B, but at one time he indeed was 5 tool.Then he was just A Tool when he left for sunny Cali.

I'll give it a shot.
1. Pushing while attempting no offense just to get a stalling call.
2. Backing out to the edge of the mat.
3. Deadlift champ.
4. Hand fighting in neutral as best offensive weapon.
5. Skip a tough match to attend a friend's wedding.

I don't know, I think Nolf might still be able to adapt to these and win. #5 would be tough. You do say "skip" but if we could allow for the wedding to be matside, I'm sure he could simultaneously be the best man and win the match. He could hit a cradle at the same time he hands the rings over.

...I am surprised more fans don't value quickness...as in RBY ...
.. it's one tool that I always watch for...as in John Fritz and Dan Breneman duck unders...
...and it's almost impossible to teach to a plodder...
...but thas jes my opinion... :)

...I am surprised more fans don't value quickness...as in RBY ...
.. it's one tool that I always watch for...as in John Fritz and Dan Breneman duck unders...
...and it's almost impossible to teach to a plodder...
...but thas jes my opinion... :)
Are you saying quickness is different than speed?

...speed to me is actively pushing the action while quickness is instantaneous movement ... seizing the moment ... a quick duck under or even a quick stand up escape are prime examples ...
...Fritz had a two- legged standup that was practically unstoppable and a duck under to match...
... I was concerned when he wrestled Lehigh's eventual NCAA champion Mike Frick for 3rd place one year... he told me to just relax and enjoy the bout..."he (Frick) can't take me down and he can't hold me down... how's he gonna beat me?"... and he was right... Frick moved up a weight the next year...

I like to think activity level or activity rate is a better gauge than raw speed or quickness would be for "tool".

Activity level can be defined, such as shot attempts per minute or TDs per minute on your feet, nf counts per minute or NF per minute on the mat, or time underneath or time to E. Speed is subjective isnt it? I would think so, because how do you measure that when each movement to a score is a little different based on the shot and the defense? Again this under the context of a "tool" to breakdown athletic greatness.

I think lemonpie and spey at flo are on to something with these data sheets of TDs per minute. They could be expanded if someone had the time or was paid to do it (wink wink).

#iknowtools
#manytoolsinmytoolshed
#agoodcraftsmanneverblameshistools

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
...speed to me is actively pushing the action while quickness is instantaneous movement ... seizing the moment ... a quick duck under or even a quick stand up escape are prime examples ...
...Fritz had a two- legged standup that was practically unstoppable and a duck under to match...
... I was concerned when he wrestled Lehigh's eventual NCAA champion Mike Frick for 3rd place one year... he told me to just relax and enjoy the bout..."he (Frick) can't take me down and he can't hold me down... how's he gonna beat me?"... and he was right... Frick moved up a weight the next year...

Fritz stand-up was awesome . At my school we started learning it in JR high and it was unstoppable. It was a 2-3week learning process and many thousands of repetitions

My “ speed” in my OP was intended to describe the “ speed of moves”, or “quickness of moves”.Quite similar IYAM.
I think maybe a case can be made for “ reaction time” as a tool also,albeit more of a defensive tool. I guess one can say “ Vincenzo Joseph is a defensive tool” ??
Seriously though, should we lump all 3 of these under “speed”.

I like to think activity level or activity rate is a better gauge than raw speed or quickness would be for "tool".

Activity level can be defined, such as shot attempts per minute or TDs per minute on your feet, nf counts per minute or NF per minute on the mat, or time underneath or time to E. Speed is subjective isnt it? I would think so, because how do you measure that when each movement to a score is a little different based on the shot and the defense? Again this under the context of a "tool" to breakdown athletic greatness.

I think lemonpie and spey at flo are on to something with these data sheets of TDs per minute. They could be expanded if someone had the time or was paid to do it (wink wink).

#iknowtools
#manytoolsinmytoolshed
#agoodcraftsmanneverblameshistools

Great points, so basically if you get called for stalling or (Heil style) you could be considered A tool,but not 5 tool.

Last edited:
The brain.

Cael, Jason, and Bo's wrestling IQ's are very high...and of course, over history, there were many others as well.

And not just IQ, but that intangible "feel" that a Picasso-like wrestler brings to the mat. I used to listen to PSU fans around me say out loud "do something, David", when Taylor would appear to settle into that defensive position, seemingly not moving at all after the ref's whistle. To those unknowing, he was feeling the pressure from his opponent, and when he felt the right "pressure", up and out he'd go. Then, of course, some would say "why didn't he do that sooner". Love the fan perspective.

That intuitive "feel" for all positions, all situations (think Bo at the 2018 Championships) is a gift.

"do something, David", when Taylor would appear to settle into that defensive position, seemingly not moving at all after the ref's whistle. To those unknowing, he was feeling the pressure from his opponent, and when he felt the right "pressure", up and out he'd go. Then, of course, some would say "why didn't he do that sooner". Love the fan perspective.

This to me is in the same aspect as the insightful mother yelling "GET 'EM"!!!

The brain.

Cael, Jason, and Bo's wrestling IQ's are very high...and of course, over history, there were many others as well.

And not just IQ, but that intangible "feel" that a Picasso-like wrestler brings to the mat. I used to listen to PSU fans around me say out loud "do something, David", when Taylor would appear to settle into that defensive position, seemingly not moving at all after the ref's whistle. To those unknowing, he was feeling the pressure from his opponent, and when he felt the right "pressure", up and out he'd go. Then, of course, some would say "why didn't he do that sooner". Love the fan perspective.

That intuitive "feel" for all positions, all situations (think Bo at the 2018 Championships) is a gift.

So true, Roar.
Anyone who hasnt watched Bo’s march magic trick in slow motion is missing a true masterful series of moves. I just wish I could figure out how to watch all online videos in Slo-mo.

ADVERTISEMENT