ADVERTISEMENT

WFL NCAA Challenge Time!

CowboyUp61

May 22, 2016
stillwater, ok
WRESTLING FOR LIFE NCAA CHALLENGE

Gentlemen, and other wrestling fans;

After missing a COVID year, (I know, bad word) we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. We are just a couple of weeks away away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

• Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the 2022 NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd counts!
  • ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by March 31. (DON’T BE A SPYKER!)
  • The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 2.
  • The winning board gets bragging rights for the next year.
  • All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!
DISCLAIMER: I hate fundraising. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life (Jim) does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!

After missing a COVID year, (I know, bad word) we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. We are just a couple of weeks away away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

• Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the 2022 NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd counts!
  • ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by March 31. (DON’T BE A SPYKER!)
  • The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 2.
  • All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!
DISCLAIMER: I hate fundraising. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life (Jim) does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!
Being a Cowboy fan can really be a money saver! :cool:

Rules are simple;

I'm already in on a couple other WFL bets for B10s, but in an attempt to inspire my Hawks to score some bonus points, I will donate $5 for each match they win by bonus; $10 for falls.

were you aware that OSU has more bonus point last year than PSU? But I get it.
Not a surprise as we are not the bonus point machine we have been in the past. However, I ran the numbers and OK State had 17 bonus points to our 16. However, OK State's numbers included a 2 point forfeit by Berge at 157 in the wrestle backs after he got hurt to Wells so it could easily have gone the other way.

Listen apparently my sense of humor went awry I really was just having some fun I'm aware that okie state is good that's what made the joke funny. Good luck on your conference tournament and I mean that
no problem at all. Sometimes I try to be funny and it comes off like buttheadish. Sometimes have days when everyone is mad at me because they don't speak sarcasm well.

Rules are simple;

I'm in for PSU, $1/team point; $5, if the points are from bonus.

OK, getting worried. Know some are doing individual bets is Slush's thread, which is great. But know there are a lot of PSU fans who just NEED to donate to a good cause!

Plus, Jim might show me to the door if i can't cover the bill for the shoes I ordered a couple weeks ago :(

OK, getting worried. Know some are doing individual bets is Slush's thread, which is great. But know there are a lot of PSU fans who just NEED to donate to a good cause!

Plus, Jim might show me to the door if i can't cover the bill for the shoes I ordered a couple weeks ago :(
CowboyUp61, thank you for your awesome work. Please put me down for $1 per PSU team point plus $10 for each PSU national champion. And may God bless you for helping those out who are less fortunate financially. I was in the same boat growing up, and I would hate to see someone not wrestle because they could not afford to participate.

CowboyUp61, thank you for your awesome work. Please put me down for $1 per PSU team point plus $10 for each PSU national champion. And may God bless you for helping those out who are less fortunate financially. I was in the same boat growing up, and I would hate to see someone not wrestle because they could not afford to participate.
Thank you sir! I was that kid too, which I why I keep trying.

my receipt

You donated $100.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​

Thank you for using PayPal​

Donation Details​

Date:
March 21, 2022​

Transaction ID:
0PP2456799344872T​

Purpose:
Wrestling For Life​

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
not liking this too much, but it is what it is. Congrats. Stats below

TeamBonusAAchamp
PointsPoints
Penn State
135​
16.5​
6​
5​

makes me sad....
Maybe this will cheer you up.

You donated $201.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Donation Details​
Date:​
March 21, 2022​
Transaction ID:​
2075-0393-4455-5671​
Purpose:​
Wrestling For Life​
Donation to:​
Wrestling for Life​
Donation from:​
dyoder​
Donation amount:​
$201.00 USD​

Maybe this will cheer you up.

You donated $201.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Donation Details​
March 21, 2022​
2075-0393-4455-5671​
Wrestling For Life​
Wrestling for Life​
dyoder​
$201.00 USD​
well, maybe a little bit 😕

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
I rounded it up to $200 to make up for the bonus points Penn State left on the table :cool: Gaylon

You donated $200.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Donation Details​
March 21, 2022​
3926-4282-4664-9725​
Wrestling For Life​
Wrestling for Life​

$200.00 USD​

Reactions: CowboyUp61
I rounded it up to $200 to make up for the bonus points Penn State left on the table :cool: Gaylon

You donated $200.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Donation Details​
March 21, 2022​
3926-4282-4664-9725​
Wrestling For Life​
Wrestling for Life​

$200.00 USD​
as in @pawrestlersintn thought, this cheers me up-just a tiny bit!

as in @pawrestlersintn thought, this cheers me up-just a tiny bit!
As part of my original pledge I was going to do $10 for each Penn State champion, but then I decided to change it to $10 for each Penn State finalist, but I neglected to let you know. It turns out it didn't matter anyway :) We Penn State fans are definitely spoiled! Thanks again for all you do for underprivileged young wrestlers. 🙏 Gaylon

Reactions: CowboyUp61
I pledge $2 for each team point Penn State scores.

You donated $263.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​

Thank you for using PayPal​

Donation Details​

March 22, 2022​

5LR028688M400843S​

Wrestling For Life​

Wrestling for Life

$263.00 USD​

Total amount of this transaction​
$263.00 USD​

Funding Sources Used (Total)

VISA x-3882
$263.00 USD​

The transaction will appear on your credit card statement as PAYPAL *WRESTLINGFO.

Please note it may take a little while for this donation to appear in the Activity section of your account.
This is a record of your generosity, but it’s not an official tax donation receipt.

3Vgse0KtQW0Jm0uM-7uIlQSa4BZZZHguqnJ0Wbi9WbqUm_t96uYxbGXSRJWchWqzmF8q3PgbfHvJJj9iPVdtUT45vb7MVCS_y5BBYPoHjQb8WYLYmouYlrjDOT9LgTQCVT39O3HOsDDRr9pYeS1x-xjf7jwE1J1USiF1Dv4U7AotmcSC66H1=s0-d-e1-ft
dWwkdECJDwHgXMbg4bonYp0NRLsTphqtFn1V0v9CGRJoxdNxlkGvL6FJQzlHFEkw0Bkbxxo3w5i-FxytdG3Bo2I87Z7SA6WueDp1lCEHxY3_UHsTE6zFxZNa1ftXAxhnqS4bTccpi9o5o6JCfY14aiWSc059s2vHhSdIiw=s0-d-e1-ft

We can't thank you folks enough. Keep your eyes open for our wrestling camp scholarship announcement coming on April 1.

Thanks to those that have donated, either through this thread, or other ways. I think this is a great organization doing great things for wrestling, on a nationwide scale. The demand for shoes was greater this year than any time since I got involved, first by just donating, then by trying to help fundraise, then by buying every pair of clearance shoes that we can afford. These donations are a great help!

If anyone wants to donate at any time, it would be welcomed and appreciated! Jim started a great thing-lets help him continue!

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Thanks to those that have donated, either through this thread, or other ways. I think this is a great organization doing great things for wrestling, on a nationwide scale. The demand for shoes was greater this year than any time since I got involved, first by just donating, then by trying to help fundraise, then by buying every pair of clearance shoes that we can afford. These donations are a great help!

If anyone wants to donate at any time, it would be welcomed and appreciated! Jim started a great thing-lets help him continue!
Thanks to you and GG121 and the WFL organization and all you do to promote youth wrestling.

All the donations pledged for this particular event have been added. I will continue to add in donations from those who didn’t pledge, but meant to but just didn’t post. This is the current standings, which I think will change before April 1st, which is when I will finalize the sheet.

3rd place Iowa $274

2nd place OSU $317

1st place PSU $664

Don’t want this to be the final score? Below is the link to change!

ADVERTISEMENT