ADVERTISEMENT

Welp....

FurioGiunta

Oct 6, 2018
First off, excellent game yesterday afternoon. Beaver Stadium is one of the most electric and fun atmospheres in the Country, you all are extremely fortunate to have that. Having been to both Clemson and Penn State, it isn’t even close, Penn State is a WAY better atmosphere. Also, the DP Dough Chicken Parma-Zones are as good as I remember.

About the game. Penn State simply executed better than Pitt, mainly because they are better coached than Pitt. I am one of the biggest anti-Narduzzi people out there, and his decision to kick on 4th down was one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen in sports. From the 1 yard line, you run it 4 times, no matter how bad your offensive line sucks, and ours does. Worst case, you stop Pitt, and take possession at the 1. Not sure how many of you caught Narduzzi’s post game presser, but his reasoning for kicking was a joke.

Actually, his entire 5 year career at Pitt has been a joke. I’m seeing a lot of praise from the Pitt faithful today praising the defense and Pickett. The defense hasn’t created a turnover in 5 straight games. And Pickett, while throwing for a ton of yards, simply doesn’t put up points on the scoreboard.

Overall, the last 4 years have been fun, and I understand why PSU would rather not play Pitt. I am going to be retiring my Furio Giunta account, regretfully. I sincerely wish all of you nothing but the best personally, and I am going to be rooting for a lot of the kids on your team going forward. Man, KJ Hamler is a special talent. Good day everyone.

Thanks for the nice post

That decision to kick was a real head scratcher. Similar to our decision to throw a 40 yard bomb on 3rd and 4 at a critical point in the game. I thought Pitt played well yesterday. Picket looked sharp, the o line was good in pass protection, the defense was also solid.

Reactions: psu00 and hemo
First off, excellent game yesterday afternoon. Beaver Stadium is one of the most electric and fun atmospheres in the Country, you all are extremely fortunate to have that. Having been to both Clemson and Penn State, it isn’t even close, Penn State is a WAY better atmosphere. Also, the DP Dough Chicken Parma-Zones are as good as I remember.

About the game. Penn State simply executed better than Pitt, mainly because they are better coached than Pitt. I am one of the biggest anti-Narduzzi people out there, and his decision to kick on 4th down was one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen in sports. From the 1 yard line, you run it 4 times, no matter how bad your offensive line sucks, and ours does. Worst case, you stop Pitt, and take possession at the 1. Not sure how many of you caught Narduzzi’s post game presser, but his reasoning for kicking was a joke.

Actually, his entire 5 year career at Pitt has been a joke. I’m seeing a lot of praise from the Pitt faithful today praising the defense and Pickett. The defense hasn’t created a turnover in 5 straight games. And Pickett, while throwing for a ton of yards, simply doesn’t put up points on the scoreboard.

Overall, the last 4 years have been fun, and I understand why PSU would rather not play Pitt. I am going to be retiring my Furio Giunta account, regretfully. I sincerely wish all of you nothing but the best personally, and I am going to be rooting for a lot of the kids on your team going forward. Man, KJ Hamler is a special talent. Good day everyone.

Good post. While I agree with the decision not to play Pitt going forward, I feel a certain sadness that the series is ending. Having been on the winning side for nearly all the years I've been a Penn State fan, I have a lot of great memories, but it's time to move on. Unlike, perhaps, many others here, I wish Pitt well the rest of the year. Selfishly, every Pitt win will make our win much sweeter.

Reactions: step.eng69
...Narducci’s comment that he didn’t go for it on 4th down because it would take 2 scores to win the game suggests that he would not go for the 2- pt conversion after a successful TD and reflects his overall conservative mind set... :(

Reactions: FurioGiunta
Thanks for the nice post

That decision to kick was a real head scratcher. Similar to our decision to throw a 40 yard bomb on 3rd and 4 at a critical point in the game. I thought Pitt played well yesterday. Picket looked sharp, the o line was good in pass protection, the defense was also solid.
He ran the wrong route.

ADVERTISEMENT