ADVERTISEMENT

Well, the Brownies have the 1st pick in the NFL draft. Hope they identify someone

“With the first pick in this year’s nfl draft, the cleveland browns select running back Saquon Barkley from Penn State University.”

:eek:

Reactions: RickPa
Cleveland isn’t far off IMO. They have some players. Gordon and Duke Johnson are pretty solid.

Cleveland isn’t far off IMO. They have some players. Gordon and Duke Johnson are pretty solid.
Gordon is solid? Josh Gordon, the guy who has been suspended more than he has played?

2012 -- big rookie season
2013 -- suspended 2 games and had big season after
2014 -- suspended for 10 games; re-instated, and then suspended for final game
2015 -- suspended for full year
2016 -- suspended and then went into re-hab; missed the full season
2017 -- re-instated late in the season

Seems to me that Saquon is the least risky pick (you KNOW he will be a success), but it appears that the frickin' Brownies still need a QB. I think Rosen is the least risky pick if they opt for a QB.

Seems to me that Saquon is the least risky pick (you KNOW he will be a success), but it appears that the frickin' Brownies still need a QB. I think Rosen is the least risky pick if they opt for a QB.

Yeah, Saquon is about as safe of a pick as one can have in the NFL draft. There's no guarantees but he's pretty damn close. Minkah Fitzpatrick is up there too. He reminds me a lot of Eric Berry.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
The Browns are one franchise QB and Barkley away from being a legit team. And they have the ammo to get it done.

How do they get that QB? Do you think there's someone in this draft? Trade for AJ McCarron? Sign Bradford or Bridgewater? Maybe Cousins? I just don't see how they get the QB.

RB is also one of their strongest positions with Johnson and Crowell. They might take Fitzparick and a QB. Or maybe they do something "Browns-esque" and trade the top pick to a team like Denver and then take Mayfield at 4

How do they get that QB? Do you think there's someone in this draft? Trade for AJ McCarron? Sign Bradford or Bridgewater? Maybe Cousins? I just don't see how they get the QB.

RB is also one of their strongest positions with Johnson and Crowell. They might take Fitzparick and a QB. Or maybe they do something "Browns-esque" and trade the top pick to a team like Denver and then take Mayfield at 4
There are 3 legit QBs coming out this draft. You don't overthink it and you grab one. For years Cleveland's front office though they were smarter than everyone else. That's why you have them trading up for Brady Quinn, Brandon weeden and manziel.....all drafted late first round. You can't do that. Get your QB first pick and then do whatever you have to to get Barkley.

Reactions: Ceasar
There are 3 legit QBs coming out this draft. You don't overthink it and you grab one. For years Cleveland's front office though they were smarter than everyone else. That's why you have them trading up for Brady Quinn, Brandon weeden and manziel.....all drafted late first round. You can't do that. Get your QB first pick and then do whatever you have to to get Barkley.

Who are the three? Rosen, Jackson and Darnold? I have doubts about all three. Doesn't everyone? There isn't a Stafford or Luck that is the obvious first pick this time around. I'd have Wentz and Goff ahead of all three when they got drafted. I don't think Mayfield is a first round pick but someone will gamble. Same with Allen
They'd probably have to trade up to 2 to get Barkley...or trade picks with the Colts. I can't imagine the Colts passing on him.

Who are the three? Rosen, Jackson and Darnold? I have doubts about all three. Doesn't everyone? There isn't a Stafford or Luck that is the obvious first pick this time around. I'd have Wentz and Goff ahead of all three when they got drafted. I don't think Mayfield is a first round pick but someone will gamble. Same with Allen
They'd probably have to trade up to 2 to get Barkley...or trade picks with the Colts. I can't imagine the Colts passing on him.
Colt's won't..but someone is going to want" their" franchise QB.... I'm guessing it's the Giants. Cleveland swaps picks, gets a second rounder from NY in the trade and takes whatever QB the Giants didn't take... now they have even more ammo.... remember when Ditka traded away his entire draft for Ricky Williams? After drafting their QB..... If they have to, that's what Cleveland must do to get Barkley. On the other hand, if they don't draft a QB first, I don't want Barkley anywhere near that team.

Edit: I just read that the owner just told the GM they just Hired that Jackson is going to be the coach next year. Haslam is a shitty owner and is handcuffing his GM to a coach that has won 1 game in two seasons.....so **** it.

Colt's won't..but someone is going to want" their" franchise QB.... I'm guessing it's the Giants. Cleveland swaps picks, gets a second rounder from NY in the trade and takes whatever QB the Giants didn't take... now they have even more ammo.... remember when Ditka traded away his entire draft for Ricky Williams? After drafting their QB..... If they have to, that's what Cleveland must do to get Barkley. On the other hand, if they don't draft a QB first, I don't want Barkley anywhere near that team.

Edit: I just read that the owner just told the GM they just Hired that Jackson is going to be the coach next year. Haslam is a shitty owner and is handcuffing his GM to a coach that has won 1 game in two seasons.....so **** it.

Ditka didn't trade the whole draft for Ricky Williams, that was his opening bid. He also threw in some picks from the next year too, one of which was #2 overall and used to draft Lavar Arrington.

Jackson and Darnold are both risky picks.

Coaches get fired for believing in potential.

Rosen and the Wyoming QB are more sound picks.

I think the colts will take him at 3. Agree the Browns will go QB at 1 and Fitzpatrick is very likely at 4.

I still like Josh Allen a ton, but he is a bit of a risky pick at 1 for the snake bitten Browns.

I think this will work out for Saquon. I see Rosen going number 1, he throws a beautiful ball and has all the tools. Cleveland may then traded out of the 4th pick, maybe get a later 1 plus a 2 and start the rebuild. I don't see Cleveland keeping both of those picks; they need too much.

Lots of wheeling and dealing in this draft.
Browns and Giants take QBs.
Colts trade down to QB needy team.
Browns may do the same at 4 if yet another team reaches for a QB. Maybe a swap with Denver at 5.
I don't see Browns taking a RB. It is one of their better positions.
I could see Barkley going to Jets at 6 if they can't find the ammo to move up for a QB.

Cleveland probably trades the first pick to Denver--Denver takes Rosen. The Giants take Darnold or Jackson. Barkley lands in Indy. Cleveland ends up with Minkah & Baker Mayfield. It's a very Cleveland-esque draft

Honestly, the Lions should offer Cleveland whatever it takes to get Barkley. Stafford, Barkley, Tate, Jones, Galladay, Ebron (seems to have figured things out a bit) and Abdullah would be terrifying

Cleveland probably trades the first pick to Denver--Denver takes Rosen. The Giants take Darnold or Jackson. Barkley lands in Indy. Cleveland ends up with Minkah & Baker Mayfield. It's a very Cleveland-esque draft

Honestly, the Lions should offer Cleveland whatever it takes to get Barkley. Stafford, Barkley, Tate, Jones, Galladay, Ebron (seems to have figured things out a bit) and Abdullah would be terrifying

To who? The Vikings??

This team used to be the Cleveland Browns for so many years.

It's not like they are just a player away from the Super Bowl sir.

Lots of wheeling and dealing in this draft.
Browns and Giants take QBs.
Colts trade down to QB needy team.
Browns may do the same at 4 if yet another team reaches for a QB. Maybe a swap with Denver at 5.
I don't see Browns taking a RB. It is one of their better positions.
I could see Barkley going to Jets at 6 if they can't find the ammo to move up for a QB.
Let me add one other crazy possibility, though unlikely. What if the Colts draft a QB at 3? Not sure what Luck's prognosis is but unless they feel really good about him going forward they may need to think about it. I know I am about the only one, but I have always felt Luck is overrated. No doubt he is very good. He has had 3 really good years, 2 fairly below average years, is under 60% for career with a slightly below average TD:Int ratio. Throw in health issues... Of course maybe that's also a reason to draft Saquon and go in the direction of a strong run game and game manager QB,

But they will grab the wrong one, as they always do.

Johnny Football is one of the many big reasons the Browns are in their current situation. No way in he!! they roll the dice again on Mayfield. He could turn into the next Joe Montana, but it won't be in Cleveland.

This discussion of who will be the first pick of the first round is very interesting. But who do you all think Pittsburgh will take withe the last pick of the first round?

ADVERTISEMENT