ADVERTISEMENT

We'll be 8 in CFP

africamurphy

Apr 1, 2019
We won't go up higher than that post-championship game weekend though.

Bama and UT will remain above us, 6 and 7 respectively.

Reactions: Sullivan
We won't go up higher than that post-championship game weekend though.

Bama and UT will remain above us, 6 and 7 respectively.
I was hoping we might pass Tennessee if they had a lethargic win combined with their QB being out but yeah that didn’t happen (and South Carolina beating Clemson didn’t help).

Sec final show trying to setup scenarios of how Alabama or Tennessee end up in the playoff. This system, if it were to play out that way, would be an utter joke. 100% need to get to the 12 team playoff. Questioning the 4 vs 5 ranking is light years different than questioning the 12 vs 13 ranking.

Sec final show trying to setup scenarios of how Alabama or Tennessee end up in the playoff. This system, if it were to play out that way, would be an utter joke. 100% need to get to the 12 team playoff. Questioning the 4 vs 5 ranking is light years different than questioning the 12 vs 13 ranking.
I don’t see how you could justify Bama or Tenn in over other teams in contention at this point. Even if UGa or UM or TCU lose, they would deserve to go in as a 12-1 team over 10-2 Bama/Tenn. USC losing would drop out, but tOSU would that that spot (tOSU would probably leap 12-1 TCU were that to happen). Hard to see much else at this point.

I don’t see how you could justify Bama or Tenn in over other teams in contention at this point. Even if UGa or UM or TCU lose, they would deserve to go in as a 12-1 team over 10-2 Bama/Tenn. USC losing would drop out, but tOSU would that that spot (tOSU would probably leap 12-1 TCU were that to happen). Hard to see much else at this point.
Yes thank God Bama is out. The committee would do anything to stick them in but there is no way with scUM, O$U, TCU, UGA with a worst case scenario of one loss each. Bama does not get in with two losses nor Tenn. One loss trumps two losses.

Which is a problem and why we will get stuck playing Tulane.
Good - an NY6 game we stand a better chance of winning. Remember - our team on Jan 1 will not be what we’ve been up through today. There will be several opt-outs, all good players. Recall last season’s bowl disaster. I want the bowl game we have the best chance to win, given the opt-outs. That would be the Cotton vs G5.

Good - an NY6 game we stand a better chance of winning. Remember - our team on Jan 1 will not be what we’ve been up through today. There will be several opt-outs, all good players. Recall last season’s bowl disaster. I want the bowl game we have the best chance to win, given the opt-outs. That would be the Cotton vs G5.
It’s a money thing. The conference and the team gets more if we send three to CFP and NY6.

ADVERTISEMENT