Welfare?

green2623

Feb 18, 2014
I need some help from the wise people that live here. Splain this to me. If I take money from the gov't to help me pay my bills or try to make my situation in life better with monies given to me that I didn't earn. I mean work hard and pay my taxes but the taxes don't quite cover my expenses, well actually my elected representatives taxes don't cover their expenditures. So they ask the federal gov't to give their state some money for help making the payments they cant quite cover. Are you confused yet. Because typically these legislatures are always complaining about welfare recipients, stealing money from their constituents for being lazy, no good, mooches. Then they brag about how good they are to their state citizens for bringing more money to the state then the citizens pay in taxes, what's that called; bringing home the bacon. PORK. It would be interesting to know whose the best at it, red or blue. For a fact, California and New York Pay in more than they recieve, and subsidize a state like Kentucky, that doesn't. Mitch, and Rand are good at recieving welfare checks for their state.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I need some help from the wise people that live here. Splain this to me. If I take money from the gov't to help me pay my bills or try to make my situation in life better with monies given to me that I didn't earn. I mean work hard and pay my taxes but the taxes don't quite cover my expenses, well actually my elected representatives taxes don't cover their expenditures. So they ask the federal gov't to give their state some money for help making the payments they cant quite cover. Are you confused yet. Because typically these legislatures are always complaining about welfare recipients, stealing money from their constituents for being lazy, no good, mooches. Then they brag about how good they are to their state citizens for bringing more money to the state then the citizens pay in taxes, what's that called; bringing home the bacon. PORK. It would be interesting to know whose the best at it, red or blue. For a fact, California and New York Pay in more than they recieve, and subsidize a state like Kentucky, that doesn't. Mitch, and Rand are good at recieving welfare checks for their state.

First, I don’t think you can compare NY State and California to Kentucky as the tax base is so much different. And as far as “bringing home the pork”, I don’t think that phrase or term, is necessarily related to funding for payments to individuals to help them make ends meet.

Besides, you’d have to be more specific about what government welfare funds you’d be receiving to “help you pay your bills”, the demographics of the state, and so many other factors as well. Welfare payments are fine as a way to temporarily help people that fall on bad luck, but it was never intended to be a way of life. So, that concept would apply to a person in NY, California, or Kentucky.

Last edited:

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001
You also have to factor in money that is used for federal level projects such as the interstate highway system, the military, defense procurement, etc. So, for example, a state which has a minimal population but a lot of square mileage will be getting more per capita of federal highway funds than a small, densely populated state.

junior1

May 29, 2001
You mean “bringing home the pork” doesn’t mean sending bacon, ribs and chops? Who knew?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Ah... another 'genius' with this tired old argument.

LdN

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Welfare was never meant to be a permanent source of income.

And some game the system quite well to live quite comfortably on welfare programs.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Welfare payments are fine as a way to temporarily help people that fall on bad luck, but it was never intended to be a way of life. So, that concept would apply to a person in NY, California, or Kentucky.
Welfare was never meant to be a permanent source of income.

And some game the system quite well to live quite comfortably on welfare programs.
can't disagree. second, third generation families

Reactions: psuted

Latest posts