ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the Family, Beau

Total package. Just stay healthy, embrace the process, and everything else takes care of itself.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul
Very OG! (Original Greek)

Also getting close to OC (Original College).

From Jay Hammond's doc of college Scoring Rules Changes (http://www.wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/pdf/NCAA Bout Scoring.pdf)

NCAA Wrestling Rules for Scoring
  • Bouts are 10 minutes in length, with 2 three-minute extra (overtime) periods if no winner is determined in regulation.
  • Both of the extra periods shall start in the “referee’s position”.
  • If a takedown occurs in the first 2 minutes of the bout, it shall become a continuous 10-minute bout.
  • If no takedown or fall occurs in the first 2 minutes, the remaining 8 minutes are divided into two 4-minute periods, with each wrestler starting on top in one period.
  • If a wrestler scores a fall in the first 4-minute period, this terminates only the first 4-minute period. The other wrestler has the opportunity to score a fall in a faster time in the second 4-minute period.
  • Consolation bouts consist of three 2-minute periods.
  • A referee can call for extra periods if he is unable to declare a winner in regulation.
  • Any part of both shoulders held in contact with the mat for an appreciable length of time (i.e. 3 seconds) constitutes a fall.
  • If no fall has resulted after the end of the regular period of wrestling, the referee shall award the bout to the wrestler who shows greater wrestling ability and aggressiveness, provided the wrestler has a riding time-advantage of at least one-minute.
  • The one-minute riding time advantage is not necessary to declare a winner in extra periods or consolation bouts.

NCAA Wrestling Rules for Scoring
  • If a wrestler scores a fall in the first 4-minute period, this terminates only the first 4-minute period. The other wrestler has the opportunity to score a fall in a faster time in the second 4-minute period.
Just imagine the humiliation of getting pinned by Zain or Ruth or DT twice in one match.

Just imagine the humiliation of getting pinned by Zain or Ruth or DT twice in one match.
Plus they would have to do it faster the second time since there was a time limit after the first pin. Talk about demoralizing...

Also the hell of wrestling 4-min periods against those guys plus Jason, Nico, Conaway ...

HWTs wrestling 4-min periods vs. Cassar would need their own dedicated oxygen tanks on the bench.

Also the hell of wrestling 4-min periods against those guys plus Jason, Nico, Conaway ...

HWTs wrestling 4-min periods vs. Cassar would need their own dedicated oxygen tanks on the bench.

This would be awesome rules for the DT/PD3 match. How many ankle pick TDs could DT have in the third period . . . . toying with dinner?

Reactions: jtothemfp
This would be awesome rules for the DT/PD3 match. How many ankle pick TDs could DT have in the third period . . . . toying with dinner?

This is what I was thinking...rumor is DT tried to insist on a 'No-Tech' rule for the Downey exhibit--wants to limit the number of possible escape routes.

I'd personally like to watch another round of Nolf - Van Brill ("The Career Ender") under these 1928 rules. Nolf takes him down 10 seconds in, bout immediately becomes a 10minute bout. Nolf won't pin him, but he could rack up way more than the 15pt victory margin, and who knows how many times he would open Archery Season afresh!

This is what I was thinking...rumor is DT tried to insist on a 'No-Tech' rule for the Downey exhibit--wants to limit the number of possible escape routes.

I'd personally like to watch another round of Nolf - Van Brill ("The Career Ender") under these 1928 rules. Nolf takes him down 10 seconds in, bout immediately becomes a 10minute bout. Nolf won't pin him, but he could rack up way more than the 15pt victory margin, and who knows how many times he would open Archery Season afresh!
Taylor confirmed in his interview with Flo that he did request this. Flo never presented the offer to Downey.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Really tough to get an ankle pick takedown when the opponent is already lying facedown on the mat :oops:

Reactions: Dogwelder
Well, I can attest that Beau seems to be serious about maintaining his fitness during these uncertain times. While riding the dike in Kingston this afternoon in sweltering 90+ degree heat, I saw up ahead someone doing sprints from the bottom of the dike. As the only person I’ve ever seen doing that before has been Beau, I looked to the bottom as I got closer and recognized the distinct hair style. I yelled out, “Beau!” and he looked up and waved. I gave him a thumbs up and went on with my ride.

Well, I can attest that Beau seems to be serious about maintaining his fitness during these uncertain times. While riding the dike in Kingston this afternoon in sweltering 90+ degree heat, I saw up ahead someone doing sprints from the bottom of the dike. As the only person I’ve ever seen doing that before has been Beau, I looked to the bottom as I got closer and recognized the distinct hair style. I yelled out, “Beau!” and he looked up and waved. I gave him a thumbs up and went on with my ride.

I haven’t ridden a Dike since college

I have been following Beau for years. I won't proclaim him as a future 4x'er just yet (kidding) but ... between his rock solid dedication, pure athletic ability and talent, and what Cael can do with him in the room I am willing to wager he will be one of our top 20 elite wrestlers ever. So yes, I do see him as a future national champion. It is up to him, just how far up that list he might climb, which now is one of the most difficult tasks in wrestling. I can't wait!!!!

Reactions: hlstone
I have been following Beau for years. I won't proclaim him as a future 4x'er just yet (kidding) but ... between his rock solid dedication, pure athletic ability and talent, and what Cael can asdo with him in the room I am willing to wager he will be one of our top 20 elite wrestlers ever. So yes, I do see him as a future national champion. It is up to him, just how far up that list he might climb, which now is one of the most difficult tasks in wrestling. I can't wait!!!!
How is our "lightweight room" Asking for a friend. ;);)

Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT