ADVERTISEMENT

Weinstein trial - kinda surprised

AnotherNovaLion

Aug 13, 2019
I followed relatively close - to the extent one can without it being televised.

It seems most people thought the sopranos star was the most credible. But her testimony was only relevant if the jury believed one of the primary 2 accusers.

from what I read - which I acknowledge is very different than actually being in court - I believed that one of the primary accusers would absolutely not lead to a conviction and that the other would probably not lead to a conviction.

thus I was surprised that the jury believed both accusers but didn’t convict on the 2 most serious charges which meant that the jury also believed the sopranos star.

there are all kinds of reasons- May have been a compromise verdict, some jurors may have felt it wasn’t fair to hold him accountable for something which could not be prosecuted on its own, etc.

I suspect if Weinstein looked like Bradley cooper he would have been found not guilty.

somewhat fascinating. I didn’t really care about the result. Would like to see justice done. Not sure if you ever know on cases like this whether justice was done.

Reactions: TheGLOV

It seems most people thought the sopranos star was the most credible. But her testimony was only relevant if the jury believed one of the primary 2 accusers.

from what I read - which I acknowledge is very different than actually being in court - I believed that one of the primary accusers would absolutely not lead to a conviction and that the other would probably not lead to a conviction.

thus I was surprised that the jury believed both accusers but didn’t convict on the 2 most serious charges which meant that the jury also believed the sopranos star.

there are all kinds of reasons- May have been a compromise verdict, some jurors may have felt it wasn’t fair to hold him accountable for something which could not be prosecuted on its own, etc.

I suspect if Weinstein looked like Bradley cooper he would have been found not guilty.

somewhat fascinating. I didn’t really care about the result. Would like to see justice done. Not sure if you ever know on cases like this whether justice was done.
---
Gotta wonder how many hours he and his lawyers spent teaching him to walk with a walker like that.....:rolleyes:

And slick Willie Clinton still gets off Scott-free!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT