ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Night Action

70kg ZAIN vs Green..Let's go ZAIN!

Zain in on quick shot..good sprawl by Green to avoid TD..
Green on clock..Green with TD 2-0 Green..period ends 2-0 Green..Varner and Mcknight in corner

Starting 2nd..James with pushout..3-0 Green..2:00 left

Green seems too long and strong for Zain to get in on..gonna have to start to create action..1:00 left

Damn..Zain pushing all action and Green gets pushout..

Green 4-0. Zain.never really gave himself a shot to win. Cant tell if its the length of Green or weight, but it looked like they could wrestle another 3 minutes and Zain wouldnt have converted a shot. First time I've watched Zain and was concerned about him able to score
Somewhere Beau Bartlett is nodding knowingly

Ok..here we go Rd 2 Snyder vs Cox!!

No score a minute in..both guys fighting hard in center..then snyder wth pushout 1-0 Kyle

TD Snyder..3-0..40 seconds left in 1st

Period ends 3-0 Synder

Starting 2nd..Snyder pushes action..pushout Snyder 4-0

Snyder another shot and pushout..5-0
Cox pushout 5-1..1:00 left
Synder late TD and total controlled 7-1 win!!

Last edited:
This is late event for a Wednesday. Most of you guys are probably already in your tighty whities in bed.
Not sure what bothers me more. The fact you said tightly whities or that your picturing us in them lol. Just kidding turk. Just busting on you because you're an Iowa fan. All in good fun. Good luck tomorrow

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
I was going to say, you’ve done a fantastic job. Thank you.

If he literally just [looked up], your detailed play-by-play post would have smacked him square in the forehead.

Actually, I did and for some reason it didn't refresh. I had been doing the same for all of the other matches and seeing those results. Of course it's there now, so not sure why I didn't see it before. And my forehead doesn't have a square imprint, thankfully

Last edited:
Ok..here we go Rd 2 Snyder vs Cox!!

No score a minute in..both guys fighting hard in center..then snyder wth pushout 1-0 Kyle

TD Snyder..3-0..40 seconds left in 1st

Period ends 3-0 Synder

Starting 2nd..Snyder pushes action..pushout Snyder 4-0

Snyder another shot and pushout..5-0
Cox pusout 5-1..1:00 left
Synder late TD and total controlled 7-1 win
Damn, **** yeah Kyle. Both great guys, but was definitely rooting for Kyle. I hope it at least puts to rest the idea that J'den is clearly better than Kyle and the US was dumb for not letting him compete when he ****ed up.

One interesting new freestyle rule. Or at least new to me as I’m watching the matches tonight…

if I am on the shot clock and you score on me, I stay on the clock. So you can get a takedown or push out and then another point once the clock is up for the shot clock point.

if I remember correctly whoever was on the clock if there was a score either way, the clock went away

One interesting new freestyle rule. Or at least new to me as I’m watching the matches tonight…

if I am on the shot clock and you score on me, I stay on the clock. So you can get a takedown or push out and then another point once the clock is up for the shot clock point.

if I remember correctly whoever was on the clock if there was a score either way, the clock went away
CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland (January 27) – United World Wrestling's Bureau announced changes to wrestling's rules that are effective immediately.

One of the most significant rule changes regards points scored by the active wrestler during the 30-second “activity period.” With the updated rules, the active wrestler will receive points for any attacking moves and one point if their opponent fails to score while on the 30-second activity period.

Introducing this change encourages the active wrestler to score point(s) during the 30-second activity period.

Before last week's changes, the active wrestler received points for their attacking move or the one-point for their opponent's inactivity.

Another key decision that'll impact the match-point system is the update to fleeing the mat.

Independent of the style, any wrestler fleeing the mat will be penalized with a caution and 1 point without the need of a previous verbal warning. This penalty is counted in addition to the scored action. (Example: if action ends with Takedown = 2 points, then caution + 1 additional point. With stepping-out = 1 point, then caution + 1 point).

CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland (January 27) – United World Wrestling's Bureau announced changes to wrestling's rules that are effective immediately.

One of the most significant rule changes regards points scored by the active wrestler during the 30-second “activity period.” With the updated rules, the active wrestler will receive points for any attacking moves and one point if their opponent fails to score while on the 30-second activity period.

Introducing this change encourages the active wrestler to score point(s) during the 30-second activity period.

Before last week's changes, the active wrestler received points for their attacking move or the one-point for their opponent's inactivity.

Another key decision that'll impact the match-point system is the update to fleeing the mat.

Independent of the style, any wrestler fleeing the mat will be penalized with a caution and 1 point without the need of a previous verbal warning. This penalty is counted in addition to the scored action. (Example: if action ends with Takedown = 2 points, then caution + 1 additional point. With stepping-out = 1 point, then caution + 1 point).
Thanks. At least I know I wasn’t going crazy.

the 2nd rule you mentioned I believe took place in the first Snyder/Cox match. Snyder had Cox going straight back out of circle and got push out. Snyder also got another caution point in same sequence, that I didn’t understand but your post makes it clear why Snyder got the extra point

Do you know what weight they wrestled at? Mendez just won State at 138 and Swiderski won in MI at 160.
Not really much of a difference in size imo, he went 141 for a college open in December without a problem. Swiderski won 152 in Michigan because that’s what was best for the team. It’s D3, there are 4 divisions in Michigan, so there isn’t much competition, he even wrestled at 171 during team state.

Reactions: kevin310
Random observations.
-Match 1 of Snyder-Cox was awesome. Great back and forth action. Second match Snyder controlled throughout. Cox has always been very gracious when winning or losing, he shows great sportsmanship.

-Panteleo is painful to watch wrestle. He makes it so hard to score on him and he shows very little offense(most of the time). Even a few past matches with Nolf, Nolf always had difficulty getting through his defense(especially early in matches). JO chased him the whole match with no answer to get to a leg.

-Henderson hit a great move to win it at the end against Gross. Gross was definitely salty.

-Blades is an amazing talent.

-Moore-Jackson match was pretty good solid match with equal talent.

-Zain had a tough go with Green. Green did not do too much but Zain just could not get anything going. Zain definitely trying new stuff out there. Saw him switch his lead leg(like Nolf) a few times to no effect. I thought Zain could get to him but besides that early leg attack, green was too good.

-Casey Swiderski is amazing. His reattack go behinds are crazy fast and effective. Total domination.

-Hall and Martin was decent. Some pretty good scrambles.

Dierenger and Martinez was boring.

Dhesi pushed out White so many times i lost count.

Overall it was a decent card. A little too long to be honest, like 4 hours long. I have no clue what would have happened if Cox won the 2nd match? They had no more matches scheduled. How long of a rest between that match and the 3rd match? Were spectators supposed to just hang out and wait another 30-45 minutes? Just made no sense the way it was set up. I mean it worked out cause Kyle won the 2nd match anyway.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT