ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Night Action

JTNPSU84

Jan 5, 2019
Is Rokfin hosting a freestyle event Wednesday night? I know Rudis has one but I thought I remember hearing that Rokfin had something as well.

Yes. Unless I'm missing a thread, I'm not seeing much recent discussion of the matches occurring tomorrow (Wed.): Cox vs. Snyder, Zain vs. Green, etc. There was discussion, of course, a while back.

Reactions: diggerpup
How to Watch | RUDIS
Tweets with replies by Kyle Snyder (@Snyder_man45) / Twitter

This is going to be awesome! Big match after big match. I’ve been wanting to see Snyder vs Cox forever and we finally get to see it. Even better is that it’s 2 out of 3. I’ve felt like Cox matches up really well with Snyder and also matches up with Sadulaev better than Snyder does. My head says Cox but my heart says Snyder so I’m going with Snyder in 3.
I’m also really looking forward to Zain vs James Green. Zain looked great not long ago over seas as did Green but I’m going with Zain to win this 1.
Ringer vs IMar is another great match. I think Ringer is so solid in every position and wins a very close but controlled match.
JO vs Pantaleo- I believe Pantaleo won their last matchup and I feel like his explosiveness is what is needed to beat Oliver. JO is too good and tricky defensively if you give him any time. I have Pantaleo winning a fun bout with a lot of action.
Mark Hall vs MyMar- Martin is going to attack and probably quite often but this just feeds into what Mark does best especially in freestyle. I just love watching Mark Hall wrestle freestyle. It’s a beautiful thing! Hall wins fairly convincingly.
Kennedy Blades vs Victoria Francis- I’m so excited to watch Kennedy compete again. Last match I saw she had a really scary injury so it’s wonderful seeing her back. The USA has a bunch of really great young women coming up but in my eyes Kennedy is the best of them all and is going to be an all timer when she is done. She is truly special. Such an incredible athlete who moves so fluidly and is still so young. She’s just scratching the surface which is kind of terrifying. Francis is great as well and has a stellar career but I see Kennedy winning.
Jesse Mendez vs Casey Swiderski- A rematch from WNO where Swiderski won in what was a fairly big upset. Swiderski controlled their first meeting and definitely deserved to win. Will be interesting to see what changes Mendez makes. His pace is so high he sometimes takes chances early because he knows if he goes down a few points he’s going to get them back as his opponent can’t keep pace. In their first meeting Swiderski did keep pace and Mendez couldn’t run him down. Mendez has committed to tOSU and Swiderski to ISU
There are quite a few more matches but these are the ones that really interest me. What a week of wrestling we have!! I don’t think wrestling has ever been in a better place in the US than it is now.

Is it $60 to watch this?
If so, that's crazy. 3 matches?
I agree. 60 dollars is absurd. Is there any way to watch it more affordably?

60 bucks might be a reasonable price to watch the event in person, but not online.

I think Rudis is making a mistake in terms of both the price and the timing. Everyone is focused on NCAAs. I know they are trying to piggyback off the college championships, but if they have done this either earlier or later (before or after NCAAs), there might be more buzz and interest. There seems to be relatively little talk about the freestyle matchups in major forums as far as I can see. Still, yes, there are some good matches.

I agree. 60 dollars is absurd. Is there any way to watch it more affordably?

60 bucks might be a reasonable price to watch the event in person, but not online.

I think Rudis is making a mistake in terms of both the price and the timing. Everyone is focused on NCAAs. I know they are trying to piggyback off the college championships, but if they have done this either earlier or later (before or after NCAAs), there might be more buzz and interest. There seems to be relatively little talk about the freestyle matchups in major forums as far as I can see. Still, yes, there are some good matches.
There are advantages though - namely that all the competitors and spectators will already be in Detroit so it's easy to pack the venue (tix weren't cheap) and cuts down on travel costs. We've seen time and time again that people by and large won't pay to watch freestyle events in person, so if nothing else they are likely making money in that regard.

As for charging $60 for a Rudis subscription for a whole year or whatever, I agree there. Give a one-month pass at a higher price (say $20) and let them see what the service offers. Then give the ability to pay $40 for the rest of the year. Most people have little to know idea what this service offers, so forcing them into a year isn't the way I'd go.

There are advantages though - namely that all the competitors and spectators will already be in Detroit so it's easy to pack the venue (tix weren't cheap) and cuts down on travel costs. We've seen time and time again that people by and large won't pay to watch freestyle events in person, so if nothing else they are likely making money in that regard.

As for charging $60 for a Rudis subscription for a whole year or whatever, I agree there. Give a one-month pass at a higher price (say $20) and let them see what the service offers. Then give the ability to pay $40 for the rest of the year. Most people have little to know idea what this service offers, so forcing them into a year isn't the way I'd go.
I will not pay for a year when I have no evidence that they will do anything for the rest of the year.

For some reason I thought they used to offer a monthly pass but got rid of it right before they announced this card. They went the Flo way in forcing people into an annual subscription. At least with Flo you get the UWW events, the trials, PIAA states, etc. $60 for Chris seems pretty steep for a relatively unknown product.

Oh boy, I didn't realize they went full year subscription. I wonder how they will handle that with existing monthly customers.

Reactions: chuckmowl
My stream has frozen twice in the first 15 minutes streaming, but Jordan Burroughs has been great on commentary when I've been able to hear him.

Swiderski dominate 10-4 win over Mendez 4 takedowns to 0

Iowa State got a good one
Ty for updates. Like others said, I'm not paying 60 for this event. This kid is very good. Mendez is also losing hype.

Reactions: 1AA
My stream has frozen twice in the first 15 minutes streaming, but Jordan Burroughs has been great on commentary when I've been able to hear him.
I haven't had any issues. I'm streaming on my iphone and airplaying it to TV. Only issue so far is the time isn't showing on the scoreboard

Ty for updates. Like others said, I'm not paying 60 for this event. This kid is very good. Mendez is also losing hype.
I hear ya..I contemplated not getting it because I'll never use rudis+ again unless they have more of these cards. Then I said to myself, hell I throw away $60 on dinner for pizza night out for the family on a weekend..

Swiderski dominate 10-4 win over Mendez 4 takedowns to 0. Cool that the match was wrestled under college folkstyle rules.

Iowa State got a good one

Do you know what weight they wrestled at? Mendez just won State at 138 and Swiderski won in MI at 160.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
I haven't had any issues. I'm streaming on my iphone and airplaying it to TV. Only issue so far is the time isn't showing on the scoreboard

Idk what my issue is then. I'm on laptop with HDMI to the TV. Yeah a clock sure would be nice...

Yeah, I was all set to sign up for a month last night, and saw there was no longer that option. My family has tried, but I can’t subscribe to everything….

Reactions: CholleyVandine
Still having to refresh my stream every couple minutes and we've lost scores as well. Almost makes you appreciate flo. Almost

50kg Women Golston beats Shilson 2-2 criteria..boring match

Shilson kept pushing forward and shooting the whole 2nd period and Golston goes to her knees at the edge so no point for pushout..literally the whole 2nd period was like this

when 2 of the nicest people you will meet have to act tough

I had the opportunity to spend 3 days with J'Den when he was the clinician for a clinic we put on. He really is as nice of a guy as you would expect. He was great with the kids and even spent time doing gymnastics with my daughter before practice kicked off. As much as I love our NLWC athletes, I gotta say I'll be pulling for J'Den over Snyder tonight!

125kg White vs Dhesi about to get underway..lot's of breaks between matches..commercials for Rudis +

White 5-4 after 1. Dhesi controling first 2 minutes and 55 seconds up 4-0 on pushouts..tries for pushout 1 last time and White throws him for 4--Dhesi challenges and loses..down 5-4 going into 2nd

Dhesi wins 12-7..had at least 10 pushouts..White did nothing except that throw when he was being pushed out in first

Last edited:
125kg White vs Dhesi about to get underway..lot's of breaks between matches..commercials for Rudis +
“How does Myles Martin keep improving every day; negating prior losses since he wasn’t at his best way back when? Simple - he straps on his Rudis gear and goes to work! Myles Martin - he’ll beat you one of these days wearing our shoes!”

72 kg Women..Kennedy Blades vs Francis coming up..

Blades up 4-1 after 1

WOW..14-1 tech fall for the impressive young woman Kennedy Blades..this without laces or guts..some slick go behinds and then a couple of nasty doubles, one to her back for 4 to end it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT