ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Michigan meet...

backdrft76

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Figured we needed another thread with Michigan in the title. @slushhead and @pawrestlersintn love multiple threads. So how's the weather looking for Ann Arbor this Friday? Did you guys end up getting much snow in Central PA? I'm down in Fort Myers where I filmed a tornado hitting less than a mile from my place yesterday. The weather here has cooled down some to 70 degrees with moderate winds out of the Northwest.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Snowing hard in State College right now this morning. Think I’m staying a second night.

Figured we needed another thread with Michigan in the title. @slushhead and @pawrestlersintn love multiple threads. So how's the weather looking for Ann Arbor this Friday? Did you guys end up getting much snow in Central PA? I'm down in Fort Myers where I filmed a tornado hitting less than a mile from my place yesterday. The weather here has cooled down some to 70 degrees with moderate winds out of the Northwest.
The guys are loading the hardtack and oats in the wagons. The horses are well fed and watered. The wagons will have to make it over the Alleghenies before the heart of the storm hits. Then it should be clear sailing through the Northwest Territory to Michigan as long as the wagon train avoids Miami Indian ambush raids

giphy.gif

Weather won't be an issue in Michigan this wkd
If you're coming in for the weekend, Eric Church is in Detroit Saturday night

The guys are loading the hardtack and oats in the wagons. The horses are well fed and watered. The wagons will have to make it over the Alleghenies before the heart of the storm hits. Then it should be clear sailing through the Northwest Territory to Michigan as long as the wagon train avoids Miami Indian ambush raids

giphy.gif
But did we load the axe and buckets?

Reactions: danoftw
Was it one of your posts that I objected to?

The wife and I are coming to Ft Meyers in about 5 weeks, President’s weekend. How is the weather going to be then? Please no Tornados! @backdrft76 any restaurant recommendations?

The wife and I are coming to Ft Meyers in about 5 weeks, President’s weekend. How is the weather going to be then? Please no Tornados! @backdrft76 any restaurant recommendations?
I was gonna say shoot me an email if you still had my email address. But what fun would that be when we can derail a totally useless thread? 😁

Where exactly will you be staying? I have all sorts of recommendations. @82bordeaux may wanna chime in with some as well. Weather will be as follows:

On February 21, the temperature in Fort Myers typically ranges from 58°F to 76°F and is rarely below 46°F or above 84°F.

The coolest time of the day is from 11:30 PM to 8:15 AM, with the coldest at 6:15 AM, at which time the temperature is below 64°F three days out of four, and below 68°F nine days out of ten.

The warmest time of the day is from 11:15 AM to 5:30 PM, with the hottest at 2:30 PM, at which time the temperature is above 72°F three days out of four, and above 65°F nine days out of ten.

Reactions: hlstone
Yeah, I figured it was ok to derail this one, plus travel and cooking suggestions are always valid derailment topics. We are staying downtown at

LUMINARY HOTEL & CO., AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION it is a Marriott property​

The weather question was just a subtle nod to the original topic... But restaurant suggestions are always appreciated.

and I still do have your email, I forgot I bought tickets from you, if you prefer to move off here.

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured it was ok to derail this one, plus travel and cooking suggestions are always valid derailment topics. We are staying downtown at

The weather question was just a subtle nod to the original topic... But restaurant suggestions are always appreciated.

and I still do have your email, I forgot I bought tickets from you, if you prefer to move off here.
If you guys are discussing food/restaurants, please keep it here. That is an important function of this Board. Other topics/plans wherever you prefer. ;)

How long will you be in town? What sort of food do you prefer? What about activities and excursions?

I'll just miss you. I'm coming down the 25th. Some restaurant recommendations are:
1. Can't miss - Harold's Restaurant - the best chef in all SW Florida. Harold Balink is a great friend too. You have to get the buffalo cauliflower appetizer. And if the lobster ravioli is on the menu, don't pass it up.
2. Cibo - long time Italian restaurant that I haven't been to lately, but used to frequently before I moved from Ft. Myers to Naples.
3. Buon Apetito - Quirky Italian join in an Industrial/Corporate plaza. You'll think you're lost but you're not. It reminds my of a place you'd find in Queens.
4. Cantina 109 - Mexican fare in the Gulf Town Center
5. Lighthouse - Downtown on the river. Good seafood.
6. El Goucho Inca - Peruvian/Argentine place off I-75 on Colonial. If you love ceviche, you'll love it here.

If you want to venture down to Naples, I could give you some recommendations there. You'll love SW Florida!

I'll just miss you. I'm coming down the 25th. Some restaurant recommendations are:
1. Can't miss - Harold's Restaurant - the best chef in all SW Florida. Harold Balink is a great friend too. You have to get the buffalo cauliflower appetizer. And if the lobster ravioli is on the menu, don't pass it up.
2. Cibo - long time Italian restaurant that I haven't been to lately, but used to frequently before I moved from Ft. Myers to Naples.
3. Buon Apetito - Quirky Italian join in an Industrial/Corporate plaza. You'll think you're lost but you're not. It reminds my of a place you'd find in Queens.
4. Cantina 109 - Mexican fare in the Gulf Town Center
5. Lighthouse - Downtown on the river. Good seafood.
6. El Goucho Inca - Peruvian/Argentine place off I-75 on Colonial. If you love ceviche, you'll love it here.

If you want to venture down to Naples, I could give you some recommendations there. You'll love SW Florida!
Awesome, Thanks!

Reactions: hlstone
Awesome, Thanks!
Also, Ft Myers downtown at night is a lot of fun now. Not as much when I was up there. They close streets to traffic and there are a lot of bars and outdoor activity at night.
Are you planning on going anywhere such as Sanibel, Captiva, Pine Island, Ft Myers Beach/Bonita Beach?

How long will you be in town? What sort of food do you prefer? What about activities and excursions?
Coming in Friday early afternoon and leave Monday afternoon. My wife works in a school district so she can only travel when school is out.
Food-wise we like just about anything. My wife is a big raw fish fan but otherwise fairly open. I tend to go to gastropubs, seafood or Italian places first. I am not a big fancy steakhouse person because I can cook as steak just about as good at home, but I love steak.
Activity-wise probably going to do relaxing but open to anything that would be "OMG you have to do this" type of activity. Or something unique

Also, Ft Myers downtown at night is a lot of fun now. Not as much when I was up there. They close streets to traffic and there are a lot of bars and outdoor activity at night.
Are you planning on going anywhere such as Sanibel, Captiva, Pine Island, Ft Myers Beach/Bonita Beach?
We stayed at Sanibel about 25 years ago, probably hit the beach as long as weather is good, recommendations? Fort Myers Beach or Bonita Beach? We have a rental car so willing to drive around.
We did visit the Ford and Edison winter retreats when we went to Sanibel years ago.

Downtown, you have to hit Wise Guys for sandwiches (think Troy's hoagies), Mason's for lobster rolls, Izzys and Blu Sushi for raw fish, Fords Garage and The Lucky Screw for everyday eats. All those are walking distance for you. If you like seafood, so many options, pick one, but avoid Pinchers.

If you want to rent a pontoon or hit a beach, you're about 25 minutes from many amazing options. Definitely Bonita Beach (clean and beautiful) over Fort Myers Beach (touristy, crowded, water can be murky). Also Barefoot Beach and Lovers Key.

We stayed at Sanibel about 25 years ago, probably hit the beach as long as weather is good, recommendations? Fort Myers Beach or Bonita Beach? We have a rental car so willing to drive around.
We did visit the Ford and Edison winter retreats when we went to Sanibel years ago.
Quite frankly, if you want to go to the beach for a day, I'd go to Naples. Ft Myers Beach is very Jersey Shore like. But if you're OK with lots of tattoos and biker types, it can be fun. Bonita Beach is nicer but also very crowded. You would probably be on the beach quicker to drive to North Naples. There are public access points in Park Shore and Moorings subdivisions that are way less crowded that Bonita and Ft Myers Beach. You'll spend 2 hours getting on and off the island (Fort Myers Beach). And getting in and out of Bonita Beach is a similar issue. Nobody goes to the beach in North Naples. You could then spend the early evening strolling along 5th Avenue shopping/eating/drinking. Even nicer restaurants are very casual dress-wise. If you decide to do that, I can give you some recommendations and logistical tips.

@82bordeaux any trips on reservations for Harolds? Checking reviews people say it is small but no mention on their website, yelp or open table about reservations. Does it book up early?

@82bordeaux any trips on reservations for Harolds? Checking reviews people say it is small but no mention on their website, yelp or open table about reservations. Does it book up early?
They tend to always be pretty full. I usually text Harold when I go and he puts me in the book. I'd just call the restaurant 239-849-0622. They just did a beautiful expansion. Now it is small. It used to be tiny.

Mental note: Don't hang out with bordeaux. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT