ADVERTISEMENT

We should play 2 TE sets and 1 TE sets with Hippenhammer as the 3rd WR.

PSUNATTY2020

Sep 2, 2019
Why does our 3rd receiver have to be tall? Shorter, George and Chisena are not getting it done. Hippenhammer can get open and make some plays. We should also continue to do 2 TE sets on a regular basis. Bowers can also make some plays.

Last edited:
Hopefully Cam Sullivan-Brown can get back on the field. I thought he was a good prospect

IDK the sideline reporter before the game said he was out for the year.
Now Franklin is very closed mouth about any bump or bruise but he has pretty much said when someone is done for the year so...

Why does our 3rd receiver have to be tall? Shorter, George and Chisena are not getting it done. Hippenhammer can get open and make some plays. We should also continue to do 2 TE sets on a regular basis. Bowers can also make some plays.

LOL

After all of his drops, Hip finally caught one, and now he's the guy?

Shorter had a couple bad drops, but he's made some catches too. And he's been open.

Reactions: djr4rebs
Once the QB spot was settled, the PSU OC had 2 significant personnel/roster issues to address this year:

1) Find out who your "top dog" was at the RB spot... with a second guy to rotate in enough to keep fresh.

2) Identify and develop a 3rd wide out to complement Hamler / Dotson.

Those are the two things - form a personnel standpoint - that stood out as the tasks at hand (as was mentioned back in August :) ), and really should have been a focus of pre-season and the OOC schedule.
Going into week 13, I don't know if the PSU O has taken so much as one step forward with either of those issues (maybe at the TB spot - largely by "accident", due to the injury to Cain)

In truth, it really didn't even appear that the OC even TRIED to accomplish either of those tasks..... which is really befuddling (but not that surprising, in a way :) ).
Jeezus Barry. Watch out. You're not allowed to critique Rahne here, even if your points are perfectly valid.

I thought Hipp was going to emerge in the slot this year. Boy was I wrong.

Once the QB spot was settled, the PSU OC had 2 significant personnel/roster issues to address this year:

1) Find out who your "top dog" was at the RB spot... with a second guy to rotate in enough to keep fresh.

2) Identify and develop a 3rd wide out to complement Hamler / Dotson.

Those are the two things - form a personnel standpoint - that stood out as the tasks at hand (as was mentioned back in August :) ), and really should have been a focus of pre-season and the OOC schedule.
Going into week 13, I don't know if the PSU O has taken so much as one step forward with either of those issues (maybe at the TB spot - largely by "accident", due to the injury to Cain)

In truth, it really didn't even appear that the OC even TRIED to accomplish either of those tasks..... which is really befuddling (but not that surprising, in a way :) ).
I’m not sure when you people are going to understand that the OC doesn’t make personnel decisions at every position. The position coach determines the rotation along with Franklin

But don’t miss another chance to blame Rahne

I do remember how awful Gesicki was his first two seasons. Most of it was that he was on a depleted roster and learning a new position. I think it is preferable to develop players on the practice field when possible.
We have had some starters this year at WR who were not ready to start. Given the number of WR’s on the roster, this is a troubling sign. Add to it that we have recruited a high number of WR’s for 2020 and I have to believe that the staff considers this to be a personnel problem.

The pass Hippenhammer caught last week was the first I remember him not dropping.

Reactions: 81b&w
Jeezus Barry. Watch out. You're not allowed to critique Rahne here, even if your points are perfectly valid.

I thought Hipp was going to emerge in the slot this year. Boy was I wrong.

In yours and others (mine included) defense we were getting some reports that Hipp was doing pretty well in fall camp.
Of course we also heard the Pass Rush was terrific. :rolleyes:

Reactions: hereforthebeer
Put Kuntz out there as a receiver. Probably not a deep threat but at 6’7” he should be head and shoulders above dB for 6-7 yard gains

Reactions: BBrown
I’m not sure when you people are going to understand that the OC doesn’t make personnel decisions at every position. The position coach determines the rotation along with Franklin

But don’t miss another chance to blame Rahne

Again I ask when our Defensive coaches got coated in Teflon.

There’s a revelation. Better tell the coaches!!!
:confused:

Certain people used to say "Who did we lose to transfer that matters?", and the answers have become clear as the season progressed:

Juwan Johnson
Ayron Monroe
Zech McPhearson
(MAYBE) Brandon Polk

ADVERTISEMENT