ADVERTISEMENT

We saw the importance of mat wrestling

It’s those pin chains. While the bling looks great, gold is extremely heavy. When you add the weight of the pin chain to the weight of the top wrestler, it’s nearly impossible to get out from bottom. And although the gold is a nice contrast to the dark bronze skin of the tanners, I think Tantrum needs to rethink the pin chain. Cael wouldn’t handle it that way, and more importantly, Mike Evans is not impressed.

PA is always good on the mat, perhaps the best. Both riding and escaping. It's part of the culture. Starts in high school and carries over to the college level. Ohio guys were 0-9 in the semifinals.

As the tournament went along, you saw Ohio State’s Achilles Heel - suckage on bottom - rear its head. Both Jordans, McKenna, Moore, and Hayes in particular giving up crucial points.

While, as an tOSU fan, I agree with you... I wouldnt put McKenna in that category. Yianni D also chose neutral vs Meridith. I dont think McKenna's/coaches decision to go neutral was 'wrong', it was just a move that didnt work out in the long run. Worked out for Yianni tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT