ADVERTISEMENT

We need to ENERGIZE our alumni to MAKE AN IMPACT

May 19, 2015
Penn Staters know the moment they see a passing stranger wearing a Penn State hat or shirt to respond with a smile, wave or a WE ARE. We throw a ten in an THON can and are so proud of the generations of dancers and adjust our schedules to kickoff if we can’t be there We are thrilled when our graduation rates are published and our academics are rated so highly by prestigious rankings. The pride is ingrained in us, there truly exists a Nittany Nation.

Joe and Sue Paterno made a huge positive impact on my life, and in the way I try and live it. I was honored to serve for more than six years as the Chair of the Paterno Library Advisory and Development boards, and continue in an Emeritus status. It is their leadership, personal philanthropy, and fundraising that has helped make the value of a Penn State degree so valuable.

Our alumni have an opportunity to make our pride and voices heard even better in Harrisburg, newspapers, ESPN, and the Penn State Board room. I hope my leadership skills in the business world, and in decades of service to Penn State, can add to the echos of our WE ARE, and to follow JoePa’s mantra and Make An Impact.

PSAAforAll wants to ENERGIZE our alumni to MAKE AN IMPACT. Go and do that.

Mike Kirschner '66
Alumni Council candidate

Reactions: PennState1997
Welcome to the board, Mike, and best of luck with your campaign. I hope that you will respond to any questions that are posted to you in this thread.

I'll also take this time to make another appeal to members of the PSAA to vote in the Alumni Council election, and once that is done to start contacting your family members, friends, etc. to get them to vote as well. I've posted several times about this, and what you need to do if you did not get a ballot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT