ADVERTISEMENT

We might not be redshirting anyone

Sorry if this was addressed and I missed it. Is Nov 1st still a thing? The reason we believed PSU was going to shirt everyone this year was because they had college athletes competing on the Rokfin shows before Nov 1st, thus making them ineligible to compete this year. Is that rule still in effect? Listening to Cael it doesn't sound like it.
I haven't seen anything from the NCAA but I agree that Cael's attitude makes it sounds like that rule and pretty much every rule regarding eligibility for the upcoming season is out the window.
The November 1st rule, which states it as the start of the season, no longer applies. It also isn't a player in the eligibility, once the NCAA announced the free year. From all I've heard BTW, all great sources, is that a January start, pending the pandemic changing everything, is planned.

All eligibility rules, as I see it, are out the window, and yes, there are good and maybe not-so-good consequences. It is my opinion that the NCAA has forgotten about the seniors (eligibility-wise) of 2019-20, which is danged unfortunate. Even a compromise, letting those that had a redshirt available (ala Mark Hall) wrestle this year, would have been better than nothing. Feel badly for Mark and Cenzo, among others.

Roar, If it means anything to you, I spent about an hour scouring the old interweb and came up dry. My faith in search engines is now severely diminished! Am I remembering correctly that you recently retired? If so, congratulations! If not, carry on. :) P.S. It is nice to see you posting recently after not seeing too many posts by you the last few months.
Yes, retired in January -- thanks for the congrats. It's been awesome in a way, as those closest to me know, there's been an extra benefit for us (Mrs. Roar and me), sort of a silver-lining if you will, given all the Covid stuff.

First clue re. the 3-weight class jump is that the wrestler was from Illinois.

Good thread! This post caught my eye as a trivia question, as to my knowledge it's only happened once.

Name the wrestler that jumped 3 weight classes, one year to the next, getting his first and only AA finish the year of the jump.
Roar, If it means anything to you, I spent about an hour scouring the old interweb and came up dry. My faith in search engines is now severely diminished! Am I remembering correctly that you recently retired? If so, congratulations! If not, carry on. :) P.S. It is nice to see you posting recently after not seeing too many posts by you the last few months.
Yes, retired in January -- thanks for the congrats. It's been awesome in a way, as those closest to me know, there's been an extra benefit for us (Mrs. Roar and me), sort of a silver-lining if you will, given all the Covid stuff.

Roar, I have the answer. I'm a nice guy though, so I am willing to give @Psalm 1 guy some time to keep searching.:)

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy

I think I have the answer ... but if it's the guy I'm thinking of, a minor quibble: his college career was in Illinois, but he's actually from a different state.

Reactions: jrod65

Good for you, Roar. Thanks for the reply.

Interesting that this is the same school Anthony Dallago of Central Dauphin went to. I remember him making huge jumps in high school. According to his bio, these were his high school placements. Didn't have much higher to go by the time he got to college.

2006: 8th at 112
2007: 2nd at 140
2008: 5th at 152
2009: 1st at 189

ADVERTISEMENT