ADVERTISEMENT

We might not be redshirting anyone

You never know. Anything is possible.
Freakin' tale of two sides of the coin. My PSU senior got accepted to Medical School today. Two hours later gets her positive Covid test result. She's had no symptoms, so all in all I guess the day is OK.

Damn,is this the one who had to spend the night with a positive roommate?

Technically Haselrig did but not 5 straight years so that’s very misleading.

Technically Haselrig did but not 5 straight years so that’s very misleading.
This prompted me to watch a couple of Carlton's matches on youtube. Man--that guy moved his feet more than any hvwt I've ever seen. Constant motion.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Freakin' tale of two sides of the coin. My PSU senior got accepted to Medical School today. Two hours later gets her positive Covid test result. She's had no symptoms, so all in all I guess the day is OK.

41P30JVPZ4L.jpg

(Medical school will be one of the hardest and most rewarding things she does)

Given that Cenzo is a member of the NLWC, is there any chance that he takes graduate classes in the spring, and we see him in the lineup?

If so, here is my proposed lineup:

125 Howard
133 RBY
141 Lee
149 Verk
157 Berge
165 Cenzo
174 Starocci
184 Brooks
197 Beard
285 Kerk
Cenzo is out of eligibility.

Or Mekhi Lewis a 5 timer? That would be a record that could stand for a while.

Unless Yanni beats him to it?

Haven't thought this all the way through, but I think the only 'returning' wrestlers who could win 5 are Lewis & Yanni [Lee can't, Brooks can't, etc]. Otherwise it would have to come from the pool of 1st yr frosh wrestlers this yr [like Starocci mentioned].

Haven't thought this all the way through, but I think the only 'returning' wrestlers who could win 5 are Lewis & Yanni [Lee can't, Brooks can't, etc]. Otherwise it would have to come from the pool of 1st yr frosh wrestlers this yr [like Starocci mentioned].

I dont get your reasoning. If CStar does indeed win THIS season, that would obviously mean that the season was completed. Where is he gonna get 4 more? What am I missing?

That's true, they're the only 2 returning guys with a shot at 5.

Yianni's shot also assumes the Ivy League will let him have an extra year, or he grad transfers like Brucki (which seems highly unlikely).

If 2021 is a free year for everyone, then Starocci would still have 4 left.
So its going to be a free year (per the proposal)even if its completed? To be honest I did not read anything on te proposal.

Last edited:
Even if it is a free year, it may not benefit too many wrestlers if you consider the following:

1. Does the NCAA increase the annual scholarship allotment from the current 9.9?
2. Does each individual school Athletic Department fund any additional scholarships?
3. Since very few wrestlers are on full scholarships, how many would want to fund the difference to compete an extra year?

Back in the spring I listened to an interview with Northeastern University's baseball coach (Tom Glavine's brother). He said regarding the extra year of eligibility his roster size is still not increasing because of Title IX, even if scholarships increased and if the school funded them (doubtful especially the funding) which creates the following problem. The seniors want to use their extra year of eligibility, the players not drafted who would have been are coming back too, then their are promises made to recruits...leads to not enough scholarships or roster slots. He said this was going to lead to some tough conversations.

I think the above will be repeated for every sport at every university. The superstars will be okay, everybody else is going to be up a creek without a paddle.

Given that Cenzo is a member of the NLWC, is there any chance that he takes graduate classes in the spring, and we see him in the lineup?

If so, here is my proposed lineup:

125 Howard
133 RBY
141 Lee
149 Verk
157 Berge
165 Cenzo
174 Starocci
184 Brooks
197 Beard
285 Kerk
Let me see if I can pull some iowa delusional stuff out of my ass that's ten ncaa AAs and seven or eight champions lol

Reactions: PASLP2
If everyone gets a free year, I’d guess our 2021 lineup would be..

125 Howard
133 RBY
141 Lee/Bartlett
149 Lee/Bartlett
157 Berge, Boone, Busiello, Baraclough
165 Joe Lee
174 Starocci
184 Brooks
197 Beard
285 Kerk

We could see 7 freshman starters and they would all have 4 more years left 😮. Then you add SVN and Facundo.

Some of the guys have started to get certified. You can use the link below but just have to click roster. The weight class listed is probably what they weighed in their certification date. Baraclough was 157 so that could be anything from 149.1 to 157.0 I assume. Allowable weight loss is different for everybody but Bartlett (157) and Verkleeren (165) make me think that drops to 141 and 149 might not be allowed? I think there used to be something about you can't drop two weights below your highest weigh in. However, I am not sure if the preseason certification counts towards that or not. That weigh-in rule might not exist either anymore with the new descent plans.

Some of the guys have started to get certified. You can use the link below but just have to click roster. The weight class listed is probably what they weighed in their certification date. Baraclough was 157 so that could be anything from 149.1 to 157.0 I assume. Allowable weight loss is different for everybody but Bartlett (157) and Verkleeren (165) make me think that drops to 141 and 149 might not be allowed? I think there used to be something about you can't drop two weights below your highest weigh in. However, I am not sure if the preseason certification counts towards that or not. That weigh-in rule might not exist either anymore with the new descent plans.

+2 weights isn't unusual. Mark Hall was listed at 197 at least 1 year.

+3 weights... yeah, that would be unusual.

Reactions: regularfan
If everyone gets a free year, I’d guess our 2021 lineup would be..

125 Howard
133 RBY
141 Lee/Bartlett
149 Lee/Bartlett
157 Berge, Boone, Busiello, Baraclough
165 Joe Lee
174 Starocci
184 Brooks
197 Beard
285 Kerk

We could see 7 freshman starters and they would all have 4 more years left 😮. Then you add SVN and Facundo.

I’d agree except I can’t see Bartlett at 149 this year. Getting Beau into lineup would require bump up by Nick Lee, imo.

Wishing you and your family the best. Congratulations on the great news. Best Wishes and positive thoughts on the other.

That's true, they're the only 2 returning guys with a shot at 5.

Yianni's shot also assumes the Ivy League will let him have an extra year, or he grad transfers like Brucki (which seems highly unlikely).
Yianni could also play around with sitting out semesters, basically only going to school in the spring until he's done. We've seen that before with the ivies.

ADVERTISEMENT