We have destroyed the culture of our country. It took damned near forever, but liberals have done it. More and more men aren't men

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Work defines us. They left during the pandemic and never came back. Very sad.

It's OK though, we can just print money and make tiktok videos for each other.

Labor-Participation-Rate-Obama-Trump-Fauci-Updated.png

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022

No doubt that trend line is scary but the question is how much is due to an aging population? 1/3 of men aren't in the labor force? That's bad.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
1/3 of men aren't in the labor force? That's bad.
Perhaps 1/3rd of US male citizens aren’t in the workforce, but I can assure you that fraction doesn’t apply to the Hispanic population ….legal or illegal.

An interesting trend I’ve noticed over the past 2-3 years is the increasing number of young females (teens and 20 year olds) working on lawn/landscaping crews pushing mowers and wheelbarrows.

I’ve even seen many more young Hispanic females on interior painting crews. They are often more talented than they’re male contemporaries.

The evolving composition of the US workforce is interesting to watch.

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
Unfortunately the graph above is likely accurate. Many men are be becoming lazy pussies who drink and play video games rather than working hard and advancing. The gender imbalance in college is appalling as well. Young men are falling behind.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Unfortunately the graph above is likely accurate. Many men are be becoming lazy pussies who drink and play video games rather than working hard and advancing. The gender imbalance in college is appalling as well. Young men are falling behind.
I'm sure the graph is reasonably accurate, and if the stats are manipulated, its only after Covid.

Here's a guy that definitely helped cause the problem, now highlighting the problem. I could help him understand it, but he really probably does not want to understand.

Fayette_LION

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004
I'm sure the graph is reasonably accurate, and if the stats are manipulated, its only after Covid.

Here's a guy that definitely helped cause the problem, now highlighting the problem. I could help him understand it, but he really probably does not want to understand.

It's all about changing norms. From the destruction of the nuclear family to normalizing so many things that were abnormal that are acceptable now. Homosexual, Bi, gay, atheism, racism and the list goes on. One time, these were all abnormal but now the left makes them all normal. This country is going in the wrong direction quickly.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
It's all about changing norms. From the destruction of the nuclear family to normalizing so many things that were abnormal that are acceptable now. Homosexual, Bi, gay, atheism, racism and the list goes on. One time, these were all abnormal but now the left makes them all normal. This country is going in the wrong direction quickly.
And what bothers me the most, is that the Democrats constantly demonize anyone that resist the normalization of these things because they choose not to prescribe to the behavior.

Personally, I don’t have any problems with Homosexual, Bi-sexual, trans-sexual, atheism, etc, albeit, I do feel it shouldn’t be treated as a special normalized behavior. I don’t understand it and I don’t sit in judgment of people that prescribe to it. And I treat these people with the same respect I would afford to any other person.

I just resent being demonized by anyone that thinks this behavior should be normalized or treated somehow like a “special carve out” or protected behavior in society that is off limits to those that don’t prescribe to it as being normal. This is especially troublesome when they use the power of the government to do so.

Hell, those that think heterosexual behavior is not normal or people of faith are abnormal are free to do so without having some special laws or legislation normalizing and protecting heterosexual behavior.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
And what bothers me the most, is that the Democrats constantly demonize anyone that resist the normalization of these things because they choose not to prescribe to the behavior.

Personally, I don’t have any problems with Homosexual, Bi-sexual, trans-sexual, atheism, etc, albeit, I do feel it shouldn’t be treated as a special normalized behavior. I don’t understand it and I don’t sit in judgment of people that prescribe to it. And I treat these people with the same respect I would afford to any other person.

I just resent being demonized by anyone that thinks this behavior should be normalized or treated somehow like a “special carve out” or protected behavior in society that is off limits to those that don’t prescribe to it as being normal. This is especially troublesome when they use the power of the government to do so.

Hell, those that think heterosexual behavior is not normal or people of faith are abnormal are free to do so without having some special laws or legislation normalizing and protecting heterosexual behavior.

Science. Scientific understanding of these issues is the key.

There can be no doubt that evolution resulted in the natural orientation to be heterosexual. It must - that's how a species extends itself. Individual genes or combinations of genes that do not tend to result in procreation are slowly eliminated from the mix.

So, all of the other orientations are abnormal. It isn't open to debate. It's just the way it is.

Now, does that mean there should be violence or discrimination against those with these unfortunate orientations? Of course not. That's not civilized.

But let's not pretend. It isn't normal. It is abnormal.

Reactions: Fayette_LION

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
The labor participation for female is increasing while lazy males are staying home. I do see males taking care of the kids while the female works a regular job. More females are earning more than males since they are going to college and men decide to work manual jobs.

Do you MAGA have a problem with females earning the money while the male takes care of the kids?

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
The bigger issue to me is the slippery slope of normalizing. Now the left has begun normalization of pedophiles. They aren't to be stigmatized as pedophiles, they are to be referred to as minor attracted persons as if this is normal or even close to healthy for our society.

It's one thing when they refuse to publish or go after the Epstein clients because of their wealth and influence which in itself is horrific tacit approval. It's another when they want to extend their privileged illegal behaviors to the rest of society.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016

Men have had a few years to see it and experience it, and now they have decided, "Ok, cool. I'll stay home, get the kids to school, take care of the house - And you can deal with earning the income for our family."

How long before women see what's happening and think, "Hey, wait a minute!?" :cool:

• Love
Reactions: PSU87

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
The labor participation for female is increasing while lazy males are staying home. I do see males taking care of the kids while the female works a regular job. More females are earning more than males since they are going to college and men decide to work manual jobs.

Do you MAGA have a problem with females earning the money while the male takes care of the kids?

There is certainly a physical aspect that would point men towards labor jobs and women towards office jobs. But that isn't all of it.

Today there is a reverse discrimination going on to advance women as fast as possible. Those who deny this are simply lying or deceiving themselves. It's been going on for half a century. The only thing holding the women back is that they are naturally designed to give birth and care for the very young. That is a physical thing as well that the Left would like to pretend does not exist.

Last aspect of this that describes the trend would be automation. We have robots now doing repetitive labor jobs that once required a physical day of work. The need for men is lessened.

This is really true within the inner cities. This is not the place for male labor. They start with the crime and it spirals from there. The fathers wind up in prison. The family unit breaks down. It becomes a bottomless pit for government money as a generation of city people grow up with no work ethic, and no one to teach them a work ethic.

Meanwhile the women are no longer secretaries in the office. They are recruited and promoted as fast as possible. No need anymore for people typing. It's most important to show that you have diversity at the very top.

Reactions: Online Persona

indynittany

Feb 21, 2005

What the hell is "reactionary populism"?

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Today there is a reverse discrimination going on to advance women as fast as possible.
I would include minorities as well. It seems weird to me that the only place we don't intentionally discriminate now is in sports and only because they want to win. So no quotas, just the best no matter their race, ethnicity, or sex (even in women's sports now).

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
What the hell is "reactionary populism"?
In Larry Summers world, Reactionary Populism means "stupid people that don't believe in 'the science'", and refuse to trust the expertise of the anointed ones in Northern Virginia and Washington DC.

In my world, Reactionary Populism means that people, some not really smart enough to know why, have deduced that the leadership class in this country is garbage, and they want to go with a guy they trust (like Trump).

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I would include minorities as well. It seems weird to me that the only place we don't intentionally discriminate now is in sports and only because they want to win. So no quotas, just the best no matter their race, ethnicity, or sex (even in women's sports now).

Well I did not want the libs on here calling me a racist. Sexist isn't as bad.

The OP did post only data on gender. I'm sure that chart would have some skewing if we added another dimension for race.

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008

You referred to me as MAGA and I am assuredly not. In fact I despise Trump. Conceptually I have no problem with the stay at home dad. Personally, I would never be a stay at home dad. I lead an organization and contribute to society.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Science. Scientific understanding of these issues is the key.

There can be no doubt that evolution resulted in the natural orientation to be heterosexual. It must - that's how a species extends itself. Individual genes or combinations of genes that do not tend to result in procreation are slowly eliminated from the mix.

So, all of the other orientations are abnormal. It isn't open to debate. It's just the way it is.

Now, does that mean there should be violence or discrimination against those with these unfortunate orientations? Of course not. That's not civilized.

But let's not pretend. It isn't normal. It is abnormal.
I know this is simplistic, but if men are not working, who feeds, clothes and houses them. You need $$ in life. So, their parent, girlfriends, buddies support them ...for years?? They inherited wealth, won the lottery?
Now I know larry Summers has been right about a few economic things lately, but with SNAP, unemployment, and all the covid money that was distributed, we are supporting a class of men who are more than willing to live off the "land" or the taxpayers.
The Biden admin keeps touting the low unemployment rate as an indicator of how good things are. Well, if we could get the participation rate a little lower, the unemployment rate would be even better. Yet, we can't get enough workers to fill all the available jobs.......

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

It makes perfect sense that you have no problem seeing men fall behind in America. You have been sitting at the bottom the whole time.