ADVERTISEMENT

We are now committed and cemented to mediocrity!

And many others…people who want to win or at least not see our football team get pushed around and bullied by the likes of Illinois…not a good look for the sport of football. Not what Penn State football has been all about.

Easy cheetah, if you are satisfied with that status quo, good on you.

I’d much prefer the approach that USC just deployed or LSU (much as I dislike Kelly).

Program is in a very precarious position right now. Back-to-back very weak seasons. And no signs that we are prepared to dominate or even compete in the trenches. Ultimately, if we are not able to hold our own on the O and D Line, we can expect performances like the last two years. Minus an unforeseen major change, next year might be the worse than this year and last. More getting bullied is no fun to watch (to most).

Really quite sad. But to some lifelong fans, yes - intolerable.
If it’s intolerable to you what are you going to do about it. Intolerable means you can’t continue with the status quo. Since the only thing you can do is turn of the tv and log off your computer I suggest you do that. For everyone’s benefit

If it’s intolerable to you what are you going to do about it. Intolerable means you can’t continue with the status quo. Since the only thing you can do is turn of the tv and log off your computer I suggest you do that. For everyone’s benefit
I think you will start to find the answer to that question soon (from many, many 1000s).

As for me, I attend almost every game. If (as part of the large and growing subset mentioned above - including many/most Football Lettermen) a commitment to winning is not demonstrated soon, you may see the program descend into free fall. Unfortunately, I believe we are precariously close? Why? Domination by our opponents of our offensive line and often our defensive line. So thorough on the OLine that the program should blush with embarrassment.

Last edited:
We all wish it was different but we all also know deep down inside Franklin will never be a top tier coach. He has reached his level of incompetence. I hear the recruiting but as i said before- doesn’t matter if you cannot coach!! And he cant. His game management- atrocious! Never has ability to correct year after year. Cannot win after a bye or a lose because he loses the team, he is a statue on the sidelines staring into space when things get tough, never makes in game changes to schemes or approach, is entirely to love with himself and social media, thinks he is better than he is and his record shows that! But we are STUCK with him. I read people say- so who would we get- The future of some assistants - aka defense coach- would be much better than it ever will be with Franklin. We are now locked into being a middle of the pack big ten team for A L
I think Franklin can get us back to 9-3 or 10-2 on a regular basis and that will keep the fan base happy.

Because he coached at Rutgers. Winning five games in a season is a huge coaching success at Rutgers. It is extremely hard for a football coach to win at Rutgers. It is NOT extremely hard for a football coach to win at Penn State.
You can use that excuse in the first maybe 5 seasons but eventually you build a program. It not like he was playing top teams in the Big East.

You can use that excuse in the first maybe 5 seasons but eventually you build a program. It not like he was playing top teams in the Big East.
To be fair, his first 4 years were 12-34, next 7 years were 56-33 at Rutgers which for them is building a program.

To be fair, his first 4 years were 12-34, next 7 years were 56-33 at Rutgers which for them is building a program.
Which in a Big East that was a shell of itself is a terrible record.

Blasphemy for speaking ill of the Gorilla. Give him PSU- level talent, and at least PSU would not be pushed around anymore. Schiano is tough.

But, he WAS “building a program” against Rutgers peers at the time for which you dogged him. I’m not clamoring for his return to PSU, (hell, he might not even have any interest) but I’m trying to be a fair judge.

ADVERTISEMENT