ADVERTISEMENT

We are now committed and cemented to mediocrity!

richsch

Apr 5, 2004
We all wish it was different but we all also know deep down inside Franklin will never be a top tier coach. He has reached his level of incompetence. I hear the recruiting but as i said before- doesn’t matter if you cannot coach!! And he cant. His game management- atrocious! Never has ability to correct year after year. Cannot win after a bye or a lose because he loses the team, he is a statue on the sidelines staring into space when things get tough, never makes in game changes to schemes or approach, is entirely to love with himself and social media, thinks he is better than he is and his record shows that! But we are STUCK with him. I read people say- so who would we get- The future of some assistants - aka defense coach- would be much better than it ever will be with Franklin. We are now locked into being a middle of the pack big ten team for A L

We all wish it was different but we all also know deep down inside Franklin will never be a top tier coach. He has reached his level of incompetence. I hear the recruiting but as i said before- doesn’t matter if you cannot coach!! And he cant. His game management- atrocious! Never has ability to correct year after year. Cannot win after a bye or a lose because he loses the team, he is a statue on the sidelines staring into space when things get tough, never makes in game changes to schemes or approach, is entirely to love with himself and social media, thinks he is better than he is and his record shows that! But we are STUCK with him. I read people say- so who would we get- The future of some assistants - aka defense coach- would be much better than it ever will be with Franklin. We are now locked into being a middle of the pack big ten team for A L
Lol

Spot on. Franklin has lost support from about 1/2 of the Penn State nation. Unless he wins and wins big, this is going to get ugly. He now has a huge target on his back and it is almost a no-win situation for Franklin.

Don’t include me in your “We”. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Spot on. Franklin has lost support from about 1/2 of the Penn State nation. Unless he wins and wins big, this is going to get ugly. He now has a huge target on his back and it is almost a no-win situation for Franklin.

Don't make stuff up. You're entitled to your opinion but not your facts. You don't have the slightest clue what half of "Penn State nation" (I think the whole "nation" thing to describe a fanbase is wildly overused) thinks about Franklin.

considering we have been mediocre since '94 then shouldn't make much difference to most fans.

Thank you. I needed a good laugh after a long day.

considering we have been mediocre since '94 then shouldn't make much difference to most fans.
Unfortunately since 94, we have only been close to special in 2005 and 2016. That is reality. In particular, the mid to late 90s were the most disappointing missed opportunities. Something was obviously ‘off’ in those years, wasting all of that talent.

It's been a long time since I've been so happy and amused at the same time. I knew the keyboard critics would just become unglued so I made a huge batch of popcorn. It's even funnier and more enjoyable than I could have imagined. If Franklin has "lost half" the Penn State nation," I would like to see the election results! I couldn't be happier to know he will be the PSU coach for the foreseeable future. I guess anyone can say "we" but that hardly indicates how "I" feel.

I must of missed the poll. Big difference between the majority of fans and a few clueless and whiny knuckleheads on message boards.

Posted on both boards for maximum reaction!!!

THINK PS was 42 & 11 from 2016-19. Not sure most programs would not swap for that in a heartbeat.

Hey, I was at the Illinois game this year... maybe ugliest game I have seen in 40+ years watching yhe lions. Healthy Clifford or CV & easy win. My question would be what are the realistic better options for HC??

THINK PS was 42 & 11 from 2016-19. Not sure most programs would not swap for that in a heartbeat.

Hey, I was at the Illinois game this year... maybe ugliest game I have seen in 40+ years watching yhe lions. Healthy Clifford or CV & easy win. My question would be what are the realistic better options for HC??
Everyone can coach better than Franklin, especially after the game is over....... from the couch after guzzling a lot to beer.
I enjoyed traveling to the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and the Cotton Bowl. I'm sorry so many missed them.

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!

Reactions: BudatPSU
Half? Hardly. Lol

Interestingly Franklin has won as many games in the seven full seasons he has been here as all the coaches in the seven seasons prior to his arrival.
Franklin’s teams went 7-6 in each of his first 2 seasons. Since having a full compliment of scholarship players for the first time in 2016, his record since is 53-20. Maybe some of the geniuses on here could enlighten us on how many coaches have done better.

It's been a long time since I've been so happy and amused at the same time. I knew the keyboard critics would just become unglued so I made a huge batch of popcorn. It's even funnier and more enjoyable than I could have imagined. If Franklin has "lost half" the Penn State nation," I would like to see the election results! I couldn't be happier to know he will be the PSU coach for the foreseeable future. I guess anyone can say "we" but that hardly indicates how "I" feel.
COOL!! Will you be attending all those Pinstripe and TaxSlayer bowl games in the future?? The one good thing about Franklin as coach, we won't be contributing to California liberal economy in the future because he ain't never gettin back to the Rose Bowl!

• Haha
Reactions: Cosmos and Lion8286
Franklin’s teams went 7-6 in each of his first 2 seasons. Since having a full compliment of scholarship players for the first time in 2016, his record since is 53-20. Maybe some of the geniuses on here could enlighten us on how many coaches have done better.
I will give 4 coaches in our conference that will kick Franklin's ass on a regular basis and are much better coaches than he is:

1. Greg Schiano
2. PJ Fleck
3. Brett Beliema
4. Jeff Brohm

They are better game coaches and team motivators than Franklin.

Dennis Erickson and Les Miles did better but I'm not saying they or their lab bat clones should be HBC. They're trying to create that kind of roster you could win 10 games while secret chuggin vodka orange on the sideline and Fracklin's getting a lot of the pieces for that, if not the whole QB room and oline just yet.

Clearly he should be 73-0 and have 6 Natty’s to add to our other 40+ FB Nattys. 😉🤣🙄

I will give 4 coaches in our conference that will kick Franklin's ass on a regular basis and are much better coaches than he is:

1. Greg Schiano
2. PJ Fleck
3. Brett Beliema
4. Jeff Brohm

Excellent timing with this post, after Franklin just beat #1 on your list 28-0, even with having to use a true freshman QB playing his first snaps ever. You're not very bright are you?

Seriously, my friend, get back on your meds

Reactions: Hotshoe
This is a very bad take and suggests you do not understand the day to day operations, nor the bigger picture, of college football.

PSU is very lucky to have Franklin. He is one of the top 10 over all coaches in the country right now.

I am thrilled he will be at PSU for years to come.

102 posts? Welcome to the board, troll.

This is a very bad take and suggests you do not understand the day to day operations, nor the bigger picture, of college football.

PSU is very lucky to have Franklin. He is one of the top 10 over all coaches in the country right now.

I am thrilled he will be at PSU for years to come.
2-16 lifetime vs top ten teams. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

See Texas, USC, Florida State, Nebraska and Florida as examples of teams chasing "the next great coach." They are all college football blue bloods that have been worse than PSU during the CJF era.

Personally I'd rather see him stay - hopefully continuing the recruiting success of this year and able to keep MY for several years - than start a coaching carousel that could end worse.

one win against a playoff level opponent. And that was how many years ago. Mediocrity is the norm for Franklin.

Shut up

Reactions: Lion8286

1. Greg Schiano
2. PJ Fleck
3. Brett Beliema
4. Jeff Brohm

For all who wonder, this is a parody post. No one is this dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT