ADVERTISEMENT

We are better

basketball

no idea if this kid is good but he wins best announcement tweet with that photoshop photo!

N_bostick4

I am truly blessed to announce that I have committed to Penn State University #WeAre #PennState #Big10

CD4cLqHWAAAW-Nh.jpg

Reactions: NJPSU
Same school as Shep Garner and is teammates with a number of our other targets. 3* SG/SF and the #6 recruit in the state. Overall, a pretty decent pickup and hopefully a good sign for our other Philly targets as we move into the summer. We have a lot of slots.

Raffy..what do you make of his next best offer being drexel a team who lost to like d3 university of the sciences!

I judge a poster by what he posts when he has no need to say anything bad on a public forum...biggest night of this kid's life and you piss on his announcement, no idea why anyone would feel the need to do such a thing

It's a big night for the kid, but it doesn't look like a big night for Penn State.

If the kid's only other recognizable offer is from Drexel, I think it is fair to question whether Chambers could have offered the scholarship to someone better. That said, maybe Chambers sees something special about the kid. We'll see.

For now, I love the kid's enthusiasm about Penn State.

you can say nothing tonight or tomorrow, give the kid 24 hours to enjoy picking OUR school...stay classy latty

I'm pretty sure he isn't communicating directly with the kid here. Regardless, I'm pretty sure he can offer his opinion whenever he wants. There is no "nothing tonight or tomorrow" rule.

So now there is a time limit of everything being roses?! Lol you're not the "thinking" type are you

I think it is common decency to not piss on a wedding invitation when it is hand delivered to you, now what you say in private is open season...this is a public board and you come off looking really bad in this debate

Here's an article on his commitment: http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/509925?referrer_id=1566508 I think of relevance here is that he's a Philly kid who's on the Nike-backed AAU team of which we're recruiting three other kids, and he's high school teammates with Tony Carr. They've said previously that they're intrigued by the idea of playing together in college, and getting one on board now opens up recruitment opportunities here. He's not a five-star recruit, sure, but it continues a Philly and AAU pipeline that we need to continue to develop, and it's not as though he's an unranked reach recruit that we've become so accustomed to here at Penn State in the past - 247 composite has him as a top 150 player in the country and in the top 25 small forward recruits. It's not a PERFECT day for PSU basketball with this commitment like if it had been Tony Carr pulling the trigger, but saying it's not even a good day for PSU is being excessively negative, IMO.

Would prefer some size but any solid Philly players are worth getting. Especially if they lead to a better hold on the city.

About 315 d1 coaches disagree with you but hey, no big deal
He may be terrible or he may be terrific. Right now, no one knows, so why not give the kid a chance? He's happy to be one of us and Chambers thinks he can play. For now, that's enough for me.

Quite frankly Chambers should get the next two years to show real improvement. If that does not happen, well time to move on. As for me I think the team will be pretty good next year, expecting the true freshmen to make a difference.

Reactions: fairgambit
It's fairly obvious that Lattydaddy is a troll. I've always felt that way.

This kid is a top 150 recruit in the country. Nice pickup.

Reactions: 81b&w
It's fairly obvious that Lattydaddy is a troll. I've always felt that way.

This kid is a top 150 recruit in the country. Nice pickup.

Top 150 and just offers from Drexel and PSU? Is that correct?

Raffy..what do you make of his next best offer being drexel a team who lost to like d3 university of the sciences!

Teams may still be holding out for guys on the top of their board. Look at the kid from Hershey we are after (Painter) nobody had offered him until we did then everyone started following him and he still isn't even ranked yet. This is big because he is teammaters with Stevens and Carr and they have said they want to play together in college. Getting both of them too along with AAU teammate Dylan Painter would be an incredible class for Chambers.

ADVERTISEMENT