ADVERTISEMENT

We Are Better..... Wrestling. A flip from pitt.....

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Hard to believe pitt could have had a commitment from a wrestler good enough for Cael to want, but this says that is the case......

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/20...g-edition-jack-davis-commits-to-nittany-lions

Oh, Hello Wrestling Edition: Jack Davis Commits to Nittany Lions
2018 Wyoming Seminary product flips from Pitt to PSU
By Clay Sauertieg Jun 13, 2018, 7:12pm EDTSHARE
usa_today_9856144.0.jpg

...he won 2 National Prep School championships...
...also represented Pennsylvania in the PA vs USA Dapper Dan meet...
...a solid lightweight from a good program with a lot of upside... :)

Why would a quality wrestler commit to pitt in the first place?

Commit to pitt, then become a Nitt. :confused:

Another article.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ng-class-nabs-top-recruit-from-Pitt-119045767

While it's a tall order to crack the starting lineup of a squad that is in the middle of a dynasty, winning seven of the last eight NCAA team championships, Davis is taking an approach where he knows it will take a lot of focus and work from the outset of his collegiate career at University Park. As he told the Citizens' Voice, “Knowing how I’ve been in my past, I feel like anything is possible if I put my mind to it. If I continue to work hard and push myself...I don’t doubt seeing myself in the starting lineup and pushing myself to be great.”

Penn State’s wrestling recruiting class was already ranked No. 1 nationally by both InterMat and FloWrestling before Davis joined the Nittany Lions. The Nittany Lions continue to set the pace for the sport by attracting elite talent from around the country. In fact, prior to Davis’ pledge, the Lions had already landed seven of FloWrestling's Top 100 prospects, all of whom were in the Top 40 of the rankings. These prospects include No. 6 Seth Nevills (Clovis, Calif.), No. 10 Joe Lee (Evansville Mater Dei, ID/NLWC), No. 12 Michael Beard (Malvern Prep, Pa.), No. 14 Aaron Brooks (North Hagerstown, Md.), No. 15 Roman Bravo-Young (Sunnyside, Ariz.), No. 20 Gavin Teasdale (Jefferson-Morgan, Pa.), and No. 37 Brody Teske (Fort Dodge, Iowa). As InterMat said raving about Penn State's impressive Class of 2018, "It's an absurdly strong class for the squad that has won seven national titles over the last eight seasons."

This is Penn State's first No. 1 ranked class since the Class of 2014, which featured Nick Nevills, Bo Nickal, Jason Nolf and Shakur Rasheed.

ADVERTISEMENT