ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting We are better....2023 WR Yazeed Haynes

This is a recruiting thread. Everyone should already know that COVID shutdowns and a few key injuries this past season were the major reasons why the last 2 seasons didn't go as planned.

And also that Franklin has a very good record identifying talent, which is why a good many of his early offers (i.e. players he identified as very talented and offered before many and a good many times "any" of the top programs offered end up as high end P5 players and NFL draft picks. Fields come to mind. Miller who just flipped to UGA may end up being another.
Covid and injuries happen to everyone last time I checked

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Na. Every team had to deal with covid in 2020 and every team had to deal with injuries in 2021. 11-11. Thanks for checking
I didn't have to check. You were the one checking.

It was pretty simple to remember. The B10 cancelled the season as well as all season preparations and then abruptly resumed the season on short notice. It did affect teams differently. Other conferences did it differently which gave their teams a more running start.

And great that you now agree that injuries are different for each team and that losing Clifford and Mustipher was a disaster that greatly negatively impacted PSU's 2021 season.

I didn't have to check. You were the one checking.

It was pretty simple to remember. The B10 cancelled the season as well as all season preparations and then abruptly resumed the season on short notice. It did affect teams differently. Other conferences did it differently which gave their teams a more running start.

And great that you now agree that injuries are different for each team and that losing Clifford and Mustipher was a disaster that greatly negatively impacted PSU's 2021 season.
Yeah that's the ticket. It was injuries to Cliff and PJ that caused a home loss to a 25 point dog at home, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Hey Delco, do you ever get tired of yourself? Many of us have worn out on your act. I was thinking that if you haven't grown weary of your act, that you find another board to annoy. Now I need to see if I can block you.

Yeah that's the ticket. It was injuries to Cliff and PJ that caused a home loss to a 25 point dog at home, lol.
If you even watched the Illinois game you might get the clue that PSU could not stop the run without Mustipher. Illinois lined up extra OLinemen and ran and ran and ran.

So cry us a river. PSU lost. And those two teams playing again with their lineups would result in the same end result.

Reactions: baircub1!
I find it hilarious that you and others Steep so low as to find criticism with 1 of the 5 greatest college football coaches of all time. A new low.
Not criticism, just a reality check for many with selective memories. Expecting Franklin (or any coach we might ever have) to live up to some made up past is just unfair. It’s only fair to compare to Joe once they joined the Big 10 (and the Big 10 then was not as good as it is now)…In 18 and a half seasons Joe had 10 losing or underperforming seasons, three conference titles (with 10 years between the first and second), and 0 NC’s. Not exactly the flawless record some seem to remember.

Not criticism, just a reality check for many with selective memories. Expecting Franklin (or any coach we might ever have) to live up to some made up past is just unfair. It’s only fair to compare to Joe once they joined the Big 10 (and the Big 10 then was not as good as it is now)…In 18 and a half seasons Joe had 10 losing or underperforming seasons, three conference titles (with 10 years between the first and second), and 0 NC’s. Not exactly the flawless record some seem to remember.
Yeah, that's criticism. Criticism of Joe Paterno to defend James Franklin. And that's sad.

I hear you but Franklin needs to win come credibility back. He's been awful the past two years.
Everyone wants to win more games. I don't see how that justifies diminishing the skills of a commit that no one has ever seen......I'd still give the staff a slight edge over NNNNNCAC when it comes to recruiting.

I did. Scout 3 stars.
I assume you mean 247. Yes, he's a 3* on 247 and On3.

More importantly at this stage, though, is the offer sheet. The summer is a huge evaluation time and we'll see big movement on ratings depending on what schools get involved. I'll be interested to see what other offers Haynes gets.

WR recruiting has been a challenge this cycle. Noah Rogers trending heavily to OSU, Gallagher to WV, Christian Hamilton probably staying down south, Kenny Johnson to Pitt, etc. Had to get something going, and Haynes has an intriguing upside.

Reactions: bison13
I assume you mean 247. Yes, he's a 3* on 247 and On3.

More importantly at this stage, though, is the offer sheet. The summer is a huge evaluation time and we'll see big movement on ratings depending on what schools get involved. I'll be interested to see what other offers Haynes gets.

WR recruiting has been a challenge this cycle. Noah Rogers trending heavily to OSU, Gallagher to WV, Christian Hamilton probably staying down south, Kenny Johnson to Pitt, etc. Had to get something going, and Haynes has an intriguing upside.
Do you really believe Johnson chose Pitt over a committable offer from PSU?

I do not.

Johnson seemed very interested in PSU, traveling to PSU multiple times early in the process. My guess is that he is down PSU's WR board and didn't want to wait for a spot.

Reactions: Delco Lion
Do you really believe Johnson chose Pitt over a committable offer from PSU? I do not. Johnson seemed very interested in PSU, traveling to PSU multiple times early in the process. My guess is that he is down PSU's WR board and didn't want to wait for a spot.

Pitt just had a WR win the Biletnikoff. It's not inconceivable that a talented WR would be interested in going there. And PSU was very interested in Johnson. I don't think Johnson was a huge miss by any means, but we were pretty clearly involved.

And it's not like our WR board is OSU's WR board with a bunch of 5* types waiting to sign up. If Johnson was way down the board, who exactly was above him?

Everyone wants to win more games. I don't see how that justifies diminishing the skills of a commit that no one has ever seen......I'd still give the staff a slight edge over NNNNNCAC when it comes to recruiting.
UMMMM.....Georgia after a commit that the NNNNNCAC gave a collective thumbs down to? Shocked....

He received and offer over a month ago from UGA, would have thought he would of flipped by now.

But even cherry picked, Joe was better than current state of affairs.

He received and offer over a month ago from UGA, would have thought he would of flipped by now.
They might have missed on a few higher targets and thus have come back around to him.

I do know this, he flips and all of a sudden he will almost be a 5 star.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT