ADVERTISEMENT

We are #2

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
    • This school is No. 2 for graduating CEOs—and it's not Harvard, MIT or Wharton
      Zameena Mejia
      6 Hours Ago
      private schools like MIT, Harvard and Wharton remain popular options among America's future executives, Pennsylvania State University is actually the No. 2 institution in the country for graduating CEOs, LinkedIn finds.

To better understand how business leaders got where they are today, LinkedIn looked at the profiles of over 12,000 chief executives from 20 countries, tracked where they had gotten their undergraduate and/or graduate degrees and then a compiled a list of the most-attended institutions. The only other public school besides Penn State to make the top 10 is the University of California, Berkeley.

1529337755_CEO-path-universities.jpg

Penn State, which has more than 41,000 enrolled students, is ranked the No. 52 best university in America by U.S. News for its robust undergraduate and graduate programs.

It has been recognized elsewhere asone of the top 10 universities in the country for producing Fortune 500 CEOs, including Baker Hughes CEO Martin Craighead and CH2M CEO Jacqueline Hinman. And one of Penn State's richest alums, Terrence Pegula, who is worth $4.3 billion, owns the Buffalo Sabres and the Buffalo Bills.

LinkedIn also finds that, by far, the most popular field of study for CEOs was computer science. While "the most common starting place for these CEOs was a consulting job," numerous CEOs .

loader-2.gif

• This school is No. 2 for graduating CEOs—and it's not Harvard, MIT or Wharton
      Zameena Mejia
      6 Hours Ago
      private schools like MIT, Harvard and Wharton remain popular options among America's future executives, Pennsylvania State University is actually the No. 2 institution in the country for graduating CEOs, LinkedIn finds.

To better understand how business leaders got where they are today, LinkedIn looked at the profiles of over 12,000 chief executives from 20 countries, tracked where they had gotten their undergraduate and/or graduate degrees and then a compiled a list of the most-attended institutions. The only other public school besides Penn State to make the top 10 is the University of California, Berkeley.

1529337755_CEO-path-universities.jpg

Penn State, which has more than 41,000 enrolled students, is ranked the No. 52 best university in America by U.S. News for its robust undergraduate and graduate programs.

It has been recognized elsewhere asone of the top 10 universities in the country for producing Fortune 500 CEOs, including Baker Hughes CEO Martin Craighead and CH2M CEO Jacqueline Hinman. And one of Penn State's richest alums, Terrence Pegula, who is worth $4.3 billion, owns the Buffalo Sabres and the Buffalo Bills.

LinkedIn also finds that, by far, the most popular field of study for CEOs was computer science. While "the most common starting place for these CEOs was a consulting job," numerous CEOs .

Where's the Harvard of the Midwest on that list? Probably at a sleepover in an exotic location. LOL

loader-2.gif

It’s impressive!! Having 2 children graduate in past 6 yrs from PSU, the school does a better job of education than more expensive private schools (one kid transferred in from name private school at twice the cost). When I was promoted over Ivy grads to chief position, I told my friends it’s the Penn State tailgating socialization from 80s and We Are attitude (and outworking the competition). It’s what our athletic and academic programs do.

I know nothing about other large universities, but after seeing what both my kids went through during their 4 years at UP, I think just navigating through everything at PSU requires you to be on the ball, advocate for yourself, problem solve, etc.....just to graduate! And I had to laugh, when first born was a senior and baby was a freshman, she helped him set up folders in his gmail account, then said, "I helped you with this. You have to figure everything else out on your own. Nobody helped me." And he did. Both are gainfully employed in their majors and doing a fabulous job as far as I can tell.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Nitwit
It’s impressive!! Having 2 children graduate in past 6 yrs from PSU, the school does a better job of education than more expensive private schools (one kid transferred in from name private school at twice the cost). When I was promoted over Ivy grads to chief position, I told my friends it’s the Penn State tailgating socialization from 80s and We Are attitude (and outworking the competition). It’s what our athletic and academic programs do.

Are there still such places?

Reactions: PSUoh90 and N&B4PSU
We can also jettison John Surma from our archives, although US Steel did that for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT