ADVERTISEMENT

Way too much orange in the stadium

Only disappointment yesterday was there was way more Auburn fans than I expected and that there should be in the stadium last night. Anyone else surprised by this?
Yes, and it showed up on the TV broadcast.

Somewhat embarrassing....

More off color than I can ever remember being present within the 20's for a White Out....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
SEC fans travel well. It is like a religion to them.

I also wonder if the dynamic of the secondary market has changed due to online sales/ticket transfers. In other words, years ago if you were selling extras outside the stadium you could chose to only sell to people in PSU gear. Or even if you were selling via word of mouth (e.g. to friends and family) you could be somewhat more sure tickets were going to PSU fans.

Anyway, I hope the AU fans who made the trip enjoyed State College and will now admit that the White Out is as advertised and is certainly as impressive as anything the SEC has to offer.

I thought it was great that they traveled so well. I spoke to many Auburn fans yesterday, and their perspective was simply that as lovers of college football, there was no way they'd miss an opportunity to see their team play on a stage such as the whiteout. It reminded me of when Alabama visited in 2011. For two teams that hate each other so much, it's funny how similar their respective fan bases are to outsiders.

We had a blast yesterday. Auburn fans were great.

Feel like that is likely to happen when we schedule the Whiteout for non-conference opponents. The Michigan and OSU fans can always just wait a couple years and then knock it off the bucket list if they want to come. This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for Auburn fans. If they didn't spring for tickets and a trip they'd never see their team in our environment. Consider it a compliment.

I sit in the geezer section between the 40s, mainly because I am a geezer. I think a lot of my fellow AARP members are sitting this year out due to covid and are selling their tickets. A lot of War Eagles were sitting near me and a lot of new faces last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU and psu00
SEC fans travel well. It is like a religion to them.

I also wonder if the dynamic of the secondary market has changed due to online sales/ticket transfers. In other words, years ago if you were selling extras outside the stadium you could chose to only sell to people in PSU gear. Or even if you were selling via word of mouth (e.g. to friends and family) you could be somewhat more sure tickets were going to PSU fans.

Anyway, I hope the AU fans who made the trip enjoyed State College and will now admit that the White Out is as advertised and is certainly as impressive as anything the SEC has to offer.
Unfortunately that wasn’t the case. I talked to a couple leaving beaver stadium and said “I hope you enjoyed your trip and had a good time” and the husband (who was clearly salty with the loss) basically told me “once you play football in the SEC and have been to Death Valley this is a pretty standard road trip”. I told him “Ok…have a safe trip home.” And walked away.

There is this mentality that everything the SEC does is the greatest and nothing no matter what could ever top it. It’s a sad way to go through life.

I was watching the game on TV and I thought that it was my imagination but yes there was a very surprising amount of orange in the stands outside of the student section

Only disappointment yesterday was there was way more Auburn fans than I expected and that there should be in the stadium last night. Anyone else surprised by this?
Haven’t seen or heard it mentioned but that was the loudest visiting crowd I’ve ever heard.
Agree with you and ‘Stoner. Don’t know if it was the viability of the orange against our White but they were numerous, visible and loud. OTOH, our crowd was in it all the way. There were several times where my ears just clipped or shut down , like just couldn’t process anything louder.
stidents we’re LOUD. Glad they didn’t do the Fu@# Auburn chant. Great showing by our crowd. I was concerned the hype would be greater than the game but boy was I wrong!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
4-5 years ago Georgia played ND in Southbend.

Georgia took over the stadium with about 60% of the stadium. For Georgia fans it was a bucket list trip to ND same for Auburn fans yesterday.

Same when Nebraska came to ND twenty yrs ago or something. They basically took over the stadium. Have a cousin who had Nebraska fans as friends .... and they wanted to buy our daughter's ticket to the game (she was a student, so no go). They were willing to pay up to $2000 for one ticket ... but our daughter had to explain to them that her ticket was only good if they also had a ND student ID.

Season tickets holders sold too many tickets. It was noticeable. East and west stands had lots of orange dots. North upper deck is for opponents.

I thought it was great that they traveled so well. I spoke to many Auburn fans yesterday, and their perspective was simply that as lovers of college football, there was no way they'd miss an opportunity to see their team play on a stage such as the whiteout. It reminded me of when Alabama visited in 2011. For two teams that hate each other so much, it's funny how similar their respective fan bases are to outsiders.

We had a blast yesterday. Auburn fans were great.
I loved it and it made the environment even more exciting... their fans were great!

Reactions: NittanyLion15
Unfortunately that wasn’t the case. I talked to a couple leaving beaver stadium and said “I hope you enjoyed your trip and had a good time” and the husband (who was clearly salty with the loss) basically told me “once you play football in the SEC and have been to Death Valley this is a pretty standard road trip”. I told him “Ok…have a safe trip home.” And walked away.

There is this mentality that everything the SEC does is the greatest and nothing no matter what could ever top it. It’s a sad way to go through life.
There really is a very myopic view of some SEC fans.

I saw some Texas A&M fans yesterday talking about how they thought the white out was nothing. They were saying fans singing songs was boring BS…..completely oblivious to the Aggie War hymn they all grab the person next to them and sway as they sing every game. I guess that’s ok because it’s an “SEC” song. Any ‘non SEC’ song is apparently just stupid.

Then it was the pregame predictions that Auburn would easily beat PSU because, ya know, “SEC is so superior” blah blah blah. Psu had no chance

After the game suddenly it shifted to “why is PSU celebrating that win? It’s Auburn who is garbage- like the 4th or 5th best team in their division”. Complete 180 without blinking an eye or any self awareness.

This from the fans of a team that think they are top 5 and likely playoff bound after barely beating lousy Colorado 10-7. That was a ‘quality win’ because they are ‘SEC’. (A team Minny just beat in Boulder 30-0 yesterday for comparison).

Just no touch with reality once “SEC” hits their minds.

Last edited:
This place is starting to sound like Napa Valley.

WineNCheese.jpeg

It looked great on TV. Thankfully it most matters to recruits and they universally love the scene.

Who gives a shit what some jealous Texas A&M fans think - they have their stupid collie, their goobers in ice-cream suits stirring up the masses with hand signals, and wannabe soldiers.

No. Not surprised at all. Auburn fans said that they had this one circled for a while and I believed them. Also, the surge in ticket prices at one point showed that there was great demand from the Auburn fans. One of our former sales reps contacted me about parking and confirmed that he personally knew many people who were travelling for this game. They deserve a lot of credit. Then you had PSU fans who were hedging on the COVID surge and those who decided to pay for their season by selling their tickets and parking passes for a single game. All made sense to me.

Should have asked him if the familiar feeling was walking out with a loss. I think the last time they beat LSU in Baton Rouge was 1999. Two decades allows for the losing feeling to seem routine.

ADVERTISEMENT