ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go Wisc*

They are a very good team, and Bo Ryan is a class coach. I still don't root for the other B1G schools, but if one has to win, let it be Wisconsin.

Bo is a Pa boy from Chester and a Wilkes grad. He also was very respectful of Joe. Congratulations to a class act!

Absolutely. Ryan is a Philly guy and Wisconsin is so fun to watch. Great team!

Somewhat of an unusual game.

Two pedigree programs with very good teams and very good coaches.

Normally, when you get as far as the sweet 16, these games become defensive dominated.

However, I don't think Arizona missed a shot, either from the field or foul line after about 10:00 left in the second half other than the three pointer right before the buzzer.

They were something like 27-29 from foul line.

I would think most of the time that wins you the game.

However, Wisky goes 10-12 from three point land in second half, per the announcer and Dekkar plays out of his mind and Wisky just flat outscores them.

Congrats Badgers.

It's one of those games where they literally just couldn't miss - especially from 3 (10 of 12 in the 2nd half?). 73% from the field. 85% from the 3 point line. 75% from free throw line. Unfortunately, I've seen too often where teams have these killer games only to be followed by a game of total futility. Problem for Wisky is next up is Kentucky. They had the lights out shooting game 1 game too early. ;).

Several PA guys in this game..Ryan, Miller, McConnell and Hollis-Jefferson*

Jn

Originally posted by 9fold:
They are a very good team, and Bo Ryan is a class coach. I still don't root for the other B1G schools, but if one has to win, let it be Wisconsin.
That's how I feel. I will always remember fondly Bo and his team visiting Joe's memorial when they were in town for a game in early 2012. To the extent I could pick one team to win it all, Wisconsin would be that team.

Dekker the Destroyer killed them. He was very good against

PSU and lights out the last three games

Go 'Sconies! Bo is a class...

act and a PA guy to boot. Also, the wife is a Badger... I'm gettin' some tonight!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Wisconsin has great football and basketball teams, and no baseball

team. We would profit by their example.

Alas, you are mistaken. They do have a wrestling team but no volleyball

team for men.

Re: Alas, you are mistaken. They do have a wrestling team but no volleyball

ok
This post was edited on 3/30 1:47 PM by bkmtnittany1

One of the schools that voted to kick us out. Pull for them? No thank you.

That was excellent on multiple levels. My people are going to try to

get to Letterman's people and get you a writing gig. If his people get back to my people, I will contact your people. Unfortunately, my people don't know Letterman's people very well....OK, not at all...but they will try anyway. You need a bigger stage.
happy0017.r191677.gif

Ha: My People Are All In The Witless Protection Program!

And you do know Letterman's last show is May 20.....

Re: Ha: My People Are All In The Witless Protection Program!

Originally posted by ILLINOISLION:

And you do know Letterman's last show is May 20.....
I did not know that. I'm usually watching my "Best of Lawrence Welk" DVD collection at that time. I love those Lennon Sisters! Anyway... May 20.....Hmmmmm. My people will have to work quickly and they will contact your people through TheGLOV. He's from McKees Rocks and he has connections. In the meantime, keep up the good work!

Re: Wisconsin has great football and basketball teams, and no baseball

I am sorry Fairgambit,but the fact that Wisconsin does not have Baseball has nothing to do with the success of the Basketball and Football programs at those schools. Pennsylvania produces more major league talent than any other state except for California.
If you watch a college baseball game on TV, their rosters are littered with Pennsylvania kids. It would make absolutely no sense for a school the size of Penn State to not field a Varsity team in one of the most popular sports in their state. Rob Cooper is doing a much better job of going after kids in Penn State's natural recruiting area. There are plenty of schools that are located in cooler climates that have successful Baseball programs and there is no reason Penn State can't be one of them.

I am sorry Fairgambit,but the fact that Wisconsin does not have Baseball has nothing to do with the success of the Basketball and Football programs at those schools. Pennsylvania produces more major league talent than any other state except for California.
If you watch a college baseball game on TV, their rosters are littered with Pennsylvania kids. It would make absolutely no sense for a school the size of Penn State to not field a Varsity team in one of the most popular sports in their state. Rob Cooper is doing a much better job of going after kids in Penn State's natural recruiting area. There are plenty of schools that are located in cooler climates that have successful Baseball programs and there is no reason Penn State can't be one of them.

Well Stargellfan, we will just need to respectfully disagree on this one. I won't argue that Pennsylvania produces lots of major league talent, but those kids want to go to schools down south or on the west coast where they can generally play year round in good weather. There may be a few decent midwest/northeast baseball schools, but just look at the NCAA baseball champions since 2000 and tell me where you see a midwest/northeast school....Vanderbilt, UCLA, Arizona, South Carolina, South Carolina, LSU, Fresno State, Oregon State, Oregon State, Texas, Cal St. Fullerton, Rice, Texas, Miami, LSU. Do you know when the last midwest/northeast team won a Championship? Minnesota in 1964. I'm sorry, but it's a waste of money. Take what you spend on baseball and put it into the basketball program. The odds of a payoff are much better. To the extent some here have made the argument that getting rid of the baseball program hurts kids because of scholarships lost, then dump baseball and put all the money into academic scholarships. We have too many athletic teams and in this day of scarce financial resources, there is no good reason for it. Most big time schools have less, and some have far less. We have 29. Florida State has 20. Alabama has 21. So does USC. Notre Dame 23. It's time to cut.

ADVERTISEMENT