ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: Has anyone ever known a murder victim?

Not sure that cops lying to obtain warrants can be dismissed as "technicalities."
Maybe not to you. But I believe if you strangle your Father to death That’s a very sociopathic act and using a misreading of a receipt for $450k in gold to prevent the conviction of a child strangulating his father to death is BS. Maybe if something like this happens to someone you care about you’ll be less “intellectual” and more compassionate in your posting.

Reading through these has been eye opening. Never thought murder would touch so many of the living.

I have known three suicides and several traffic accident deaths but no murders or murderers. Traffic fatalities are sad and shocking, suicides fill you with both guilt and anger. Can't imagine how murder affects one.
I hope no one takes this the wrong way......but this is the most fascinating thread I have ever read on this board.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Maybe not to you. But I believe if you strangle your Father to death That’s a very sociopathic act and using a misreading of a receipt for $450k in gold to prevent the conviction of a child strangulating his father to death is BS. Maybe if something like this happens to someone you care about you’ll be less “intellectual” and more compassionate in your posting.
Yeah. Or maybe if this happens to someone close to me I will recognize that I may not be the best person to judge the criminal case. Or maybe cops lying is harmful to our legal system, too.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Yeah. Or maybe if this happens to someone close to me I will recognize that I may not be the best person to judge the criminal case. Or maybe cops lying is harmful to our legal system, too.
OK Spock... you win!

Perhaps you should research the case and have informed judgements instead of being an internet " I'm right" fighter.

A buddy from my freshman year in Hartranft Hall was on Pan Am 103 that blew up over Lockerbie. He was working in the Middle East for the Defense Intelligence Agency.
My room was 509 Hartranft. What was yours?

None of the people in my life have ever been murder victims. I guess I have been lucky. However, on a sad note, I know of 3 people who have committed suicide. Can there be anything more confounding then suicide?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
When my wife and I moved back to Wyoming Valley from Harrisburg in the 70's, we settled on my father in law's property in Lehman Twp. My oldest, Tommy, was enrolled in the Back Mountain "T Ball" level of Little League. After a few practices, Mike Kerkowski, the coach asked me to help with the kids. I agreed and we became good friends for yrs to come. I had his older son, Michael, on our youth FB team and younger Scott on several All Star teener teams. Michael became a pharmacist and brother Scott a HS teacher & coach.

In the summer of 2002, Mike, jr was missing and became the target of a nation wide man hunt. My wife got a call from Mike, jrs mother, Gerry, on Saturday morning about four or five weeks after Jr. was missing. She was crying and told my wife that Michael would have tried to contract her and Mike, sr at least to let them know he was ok. Gerry told my wife that something terrible must have happened to Jr.......It did, Jr. was distributing oxy from his pharmacy, illegally.

About a year later, Hugo Selenski and Paul Weakley became suspects in the missing persons case.

We were at one of our grandsons baseball games in Dallas Just beyond the left- enter fence was the back yard of the Selenski famly where law enforcement had a backhoe digging up the yard. The police had information that Selenski also had bodies buried along thr Rails for Trails which parallel the Harvey's Lake highway. When traveling the Lake highway, one would cat h glimpses of hoes digging along various locations of the trail.

Selenski's partner in crime testified that he believes Hugo murdered 19 persons that he knows of. Selenski was targeting out of town drug dealers and making arrangements to buy. When the dealers came to Wilkes Barre, Hugo would have them seized, robbed and murdered and the bodies buried.
From an optimistic perspective, He was cleaning up the area.

To understand the entire picture of Hugo and his deeds, you have to google....... Hugo Selenski, Paul Weakley, Cindy Song, Penn State,

Following are a few links to begin:

https://m.citizensvoice.com/news/we...ictim-made-plan-to-rob-and-kill-him-1.1823498

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_fe94d66f-a53c-545a-8552-734f9b1c1568.html

https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylvania/mc-pa-bodies-in-yard-trial-selenski-20150122-story.html

Helen Demchack, class mate of mine was murdered in 89' and later found in the West Side Landfill, Larksville.

Link: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/21798111/scranton_olive_arrest_sanchez_for_dec/

Last edited:
A buddy from my freshman year in Hartranft Hall was on Pan Am 103 that blew up over Lockerbie. He was working in the Middle East for the Defense Intelligence Agency.

A friend of mine from work died in Pan Am 103. My contracts required flights at that time only over certain air lines......

I've known two killers, and the surprising thing about both of them is that there was nothing unusual about either of them.

I think most of us are capable of murder under the right circumstances.

Emmert and/or Freeh would certainly be high on the list of the “right circumstances”.

I didn’t know them, but I was one of the first people on the scene of an accident caused by a drunk driver. He crossed the center line on a 2 lane highway where both lanes had 55 MPH speed limits. Head on crash with no skid marks.

In addition to killing himself the drunk took out 3 generations of a family — a husband and wife, plus their two kids and the man’s mother. I took a look inside the vehicle with the family in it and could not sleep without sedatives for 3 weeks. I have tremendous respect for first responders. I don’t think I could do it.

Another friend of mine witnessed my friend getting hit by the drunk driver (they were both pedestrians). I don't think he ever quite got over it. They were very close.

A cousin of mine was murdered many years ago working at a video store. The guys held up the store and inexplicably murdered the two young people who were working that night. Her parents cannot talk about it to this day, understandably so.

About 10 years ago a guy in my hometown murdered his wife and then killed himself. I didn’t know the guy but it happened right down the street from my parents house. My mom didn’t know them personally but would say hi and the like when she saw them around. Life is crazy, hug your family everyday.

Can't say I have. Dr. Richard Illes murdered his wife in a childhood friend's old house (actually from the woods behind the house). It became one of those cases you saw on all the real crime shows.

Heart Shot

A boyhood friend who was later murdered in Montana during a robbery of his business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT