ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: Express Lanes for essential workers.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Difficult to implement, but would really like to see this in grocery stores, drive throughs etc... I've spent a lot of time waiting on people that aren't working while I'm trying to get to work. Thoughts

Some stores in my area have set aside hours for essential workers. It's a good idea.

Not sure how you would implement it but I'm OK with it. There would have to be some sort of positive ID to weed out the poeple trying to take advantage of the process. My wife has a letter allowing travel in case she is stopped but carrying around documentation is cumbersome. I wish you good luck, someone will come up with a reasonable solution, I hope.

Reactions: psu00
essential-worker-memes-13.jpg
Well in PA, there seems to be a constantly changing bar of what defines an essential worker.

Reactions: bison13
So yesterday on another thread Mensa Society member rigi posited why health care workers needed to be fed.

The question was in response to a thread about someone if some entity sending food to health care workers.

I thought it was a fascinating question. But I never saw an answer. I mean... why would we want to feed health care workers? What. Have. They. Really. Done. ????

It might have been the single greatest question ever asked on this board.

essential-worker-memes-13.jpg
Well in PA, there seems to be a constantly changing bar of what defines an essential worker.

Screw what the state says. Stores can do their own definition of who qualifies. I'd limit it to health care workers, police, fire, emts, and folks who work in supermarkets or food processing. Tattoo artists can wait like the rest of us.

Not sure how you would implement it but I'm OK with it. There would have to be some sort of positive ID to weed out the poeple trying to take advantage of the process. My wife has a letter allowing travel in case she is stopped but carrying around documentation is cumbersome. I wish you good luck, someone will come up with a reasonable solution, I hope.

Local Costco does it. They have an employees spot checking IDs. Guessing it works pretty well. The public embarrassment of being exposed in trying to get over the system is probably enough of a deterrent. However, there are some people that have no shame.

ADVERTISEMENT