ADVERTISEMENT

Wawa Subs - I need some explaining

That's what people forget. Sheetz, WaWa, and similar stores sell convenience. Of course you can get better food elsewhere, but where can you get decent food, gas, other assorted items you may need, and a decent bathroom in one stop and it's generally quick. Thinking any of their food is great is just icing on the cake to them.
That’s right. I was able to order from their app so the sandwich was ready when I arrived and stopped for gas as well. I also picked up a few groceries I needed, plus some chips and a soft pretzel, and it saved me a trip to a crowded super market.

Don't those little seeds and stuff on the roll automatically disqualify it as a hoagie/sub? I think that makes it an Artisanal Sandwich. Same with green bell peppers. Could you legally serve this as a Hoagie in Philly, or would you get your restaurant license revoked? Please tell me there is no avocado/mayo spread on that thing :eek:

I’ve had subs from Philly establishments that were heavily seeded with sesame seeds. George’s, Ricci’s, Sarcone’s (I guess the deli has closed), John’s Roast Pork, etc. Haven’t been there recently so perhaps their licenses were revoked.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CentexLion
Had Jersey Mike's once several years ago when out on a jobsite and thought, wow i wonder if they take like a good Jersey Italian sub. It was disappointing and never ate there again.

Here is a question....Subway, Jersey Mikes, or Jimmy Johns.
Tried Jersey Mikes once- far from special

ADVERTISEMENT