Watched the Golden Globes last night

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
as I dozed off. First, Ricky Gervais was hilarious. But somewhere in the middle, my wife asked me "why are these people so angry?" Its an interesting question. Here is a room full of extremely entitled people, making millions, guzzling Moet, successful by any measure...and they are swearing up a storm and complaining about everything under the sun.

Why are they so angry these days?

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Great point. I saw some of Gervais's early monologue; funny guy. Didn't watch that much of the show, but your Obli observation is again interesting.

Angry because they recognize Obama is actually a disaster as a President and they appear stupid for their blind loyalty, yet unwilling to admit it?

SFNit

Oct 7, 2008
Great point. I saw some of Gervais's early monologue; funny guy. Didn't watch that much of the show, but your Obli observation is again interesting.

Angry because they recognize Obama is actually a disaster as a President and they appear stupid for their blind loyalty, yet unwilling to admit it?
Or, maybe it's that they aren't getting the expected support from the constituencies that they have invested $Billions over decades in buying off and/or brainwashing?.......

Reactions: T J

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Or, maybe it's that they aren't getting the expected support from the constituencies that they have invested $Billions over decades in buying off and/or brainwashing?.......
I think the Hollywood lefties get ticked off when they spout their political nonsense and they actually see a decline in audience support from those dumb conservatives. How dare they be questioned or held to account.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I think the Hollywood lefties get ticked off when they spout their political nonsense and they actually see a decline in audience support from those dumb conservatives. How dare they be questioned or held to account.

One of the very interesting nuances to last nights GG show was that "The Martian" was put into the category of "Best Musical or Comedy". It was a clear attempt at getting them an award knowing they couldn't win in any "real" category. Gervais, on several occasions, joked about how funny the movie was...there was a real undertone of "fix".

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
as I dozed off. First, Ricky Gervais was hilarious. But somewhere in the middle, my wife asked me "why are these people so angry?" Its an interesting question. Here is a room full of extremely entitled people, making millions, guzzling Moet, successful by any measure...and they are swearing up a storm and complaining about everything under the sun.

Why are they so angry these days?

They are not angry, they are pompous and arrogant. They truly believe they are better than everyone not them, and know better than everyone but them.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
They are not angry, they are pompous and arrogant. They truly believe they are better than everyone not them, and know better than everyone but them.
---
Oh but they are angry. They DO think they are smarter than all of us and are extremely arrogant. But what makes them so angry is THEY AIN'T IN CHARGE!. They just can't believe that people like them aren't in charge. They feel they are entitled to run the country since they are so much better than the fly-over-country people. And it pisses them off to no end that we don't just bow down to them.
Now they are getting even angrier because zer0 didn't get to achieve everything they wanted and his reign is about to end. They see the great unwashed getting closer to taking aver and there is little they can do about it. You thought they were angry when W won, just wait to what happens if Trump or Cruz win. They will tear this country in half.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
---
Oh but they are angry. They DO think they are smarter than all of us and are extremely arrogant. But what makes them so angry is THEY AIN'T IN CHARGE!. They just can't believe that people like them aren't in charge. They feel they are entitled to run the country since they are so much better than the fly-over-country people. And it pisses them off to no end that we don't just bow down to them.
Now they are getting even angrier because zer0 didn't get to achieve everything they wanted and his reign is about to end. They see the great unwashed getting closer to taking aver and there is little they can do about it. You thought they were angry when W won, just wait to what happens if Trump or Cruz win. They will tear this country in half.

Good lord...think you're projecting a bit there buddy? :)

I'm sure when Leo goes back to his multi million dollar mansion with four naked models in his bed he just can't stop thinking about who will win the next election.

You guys really are a bunch of weirdos. No offense.

Reactions: thecoolestfish

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Good lord...think you're projecting a bit there buddy? :)

I'm sure when Leo goes back to his multi million dollar mansion with four naked models in his bed he just can't stop thinking about who will win the next election.

You guys really are a bunch of weirdos. No offense.
---------
Just watch the meltdown when Trump is redecorating the WH.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Just watch the rightie meltdown when Trump goes back to being a Democrat right after he decorates the white house.

He certainly does not have a conservative history. I keep waiting for Cruz to take him on. Apparently Cruz does not want to anger Trumps supporters.

Latest posts