ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Redskins being sued

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
Real question, for what office is the name promoting, DC AG running and how much recognition will he gain. The NFL is trying to get rid of Snyder. This AG is suing the Redskins, NFL and the Commissioner. Unlike most lawsuits initiated by a governmental body, I think the NFL has more money to defend than any normal defendant.

Reactions: pennstatepelly
Seems kind of frivolous. There are plenty of opportunities for lawsuits but I have no idea how DC can make a claim. The team doesn’t play or practice in DC. Seems like a publicity stunt

While it is easy to despise Snyder - and I do - it is even easier to recognize that your average local ag is a publicity starved, over ambitious little Napoleon, which is true here.

Legally (ie, without regard to the allegations) this complaint is horse shit. To suggest that the poor pride starved denizens of dc were unaware of or deceived by Danny’s or the skins’ scumbaggery is ludicrous (it’s been well and hilariously documented - google Dan Snyder city paper a-z), and to suggest that they were damaged because of deceit even more so (which is actually illustrated quite well - literally, with pictures - in the last few pages of the complaint detailing fans who apparently chose to walk away from the team).

the reality is the ag, hearing of a potential sale, wants to get a piece of the action. But hey, it gets better - he’s actually leaving office, so he won’t be around to get his ass handed to him by the likes of the nfl’s attorneys, which I assume will probably be Covington. I don’t know where he’s going, I assume probably the Biden administration when an ftc spot opens s up

Last edited:
While it is easy to despise Snyder - and I do - it is even easier to recognize that your average local ag is a publicity starved, over ambitious little Napoleon, which is true here.

Legally (ie, without regard to the allegations) this complaint is horse shit. To suggest that the poor pride starved denizens of dc were unaware of or deceived by Danny’s or the skins’ scumbaggery is ludicrous (it’s been well and hilariously documented - google Dan Snyder city paper a-z), and to suggest that they were damaged because of deceit even more so (which is actually illustrated quite well - literally, with pictures - in the last few pages of the complaint detailing fans who apparently chose to walk away from the team).

the reality is the ag, hearing of a potential sale, wants to get a piece of the action. But hey, it gets better - he’s actually leaving office, so he won’t be around to get his ass handed to him by the likes of the nfl’s attorneys, which I assume will probably be Covington. I don’t know where he’s going, I assume probably the Biden administration when an ftc spot opens s up
well stated. The commanders have almost nothing to do with Washington DC as they don't play or practice in the city. If I am Snyder, I immediately file a counter lawsuit claiming that the corruption and deception in Washington DC politics cost him tens of millions of $$. Never defend, attack.

Who is this "Redskins" Team you speak of?
..and that always reminds me of the time they decided to change the name from "Washington Bullets". They put out a statement saying that they no longer wanted to have their name associated with violence so they were changing the name to the Washington Wizards. A talented writer rote an article stating he was surprised that they changed the name from Bullets to Wizards because he thought they were going to change the name "Washington" to not be associated with violence.

..and that always reminds me of the time they decided to change the name from "Washington Bullets". They put out a statement saying that they no longer wanted to have their name associated with violence so they were changing the name to the Washington Wizards. A talented writer rote an article stating he was surprised that they changed the name from Bullets to Wizards because he thought they were going to change the name "Washington" to not be associated with violence
That was the basketball team, but excellent point. Remember taking my son to visit John Hopkins, they routed us to campus through a lovely area. On leaving campus. wanted to gas up so took a right turn. First stop, "bullet" proof protection at the station. That was it, we have never returned to Baltimore.

Reactions: psu00 and Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT