ADVERTISEMENT

Washington has the #1 Rush Defense

NittanyLionRoar

May 17, 2011
Just above Alabama, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Saquon is going to have more trouble finding room to run in this game. I hope they get creative.

UW has a great NG Viti Vea. 340lb future first rounder. Doubt he can catch Saquon though

Great opportunity for Bates, Fries, McGovern and Gonzo and Menet to set the tone for next year. Control the LOS against UW and it can be a spring board into the off season. By the way, Bryce Love did okay against these guys and in general the PAC-12 plays touch football so I would not pay too much attention to UWs rush defense stats. Aside from Stanford does any team in the Pac 12 commit to running the ball?

Great opportunity for Bates, Fries, McGovern and Gonzo and Menet to set the tone for next year. Control the LOS against UW and it can be a spring board into the off season. By the way, Bryce Love did okay against these guys and in general the PAC-12 plays touch football so I would not pay too much attention to UWs rush defense stats. Aside from Stanford does any team in the Pac 12 commit to running the ball?

Do we? Just sayin.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Well, the problem with Moorhead is it can be tight. Without, should be more room to roam. :)

Not to pile on, but did ANY of those 'Bowl Predictions' we have been seeing correctly predict this? I feel I might have saved a lot of time not having read a single one.

Nearly all predictions throughout the season end up incorrect. Many on this board predicted OSU losing to Oklahoma was going to doom Penn State. People predicted the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12 would all have undefeated/1 loss champions and all was lost unless Penn State finished undefeated.

Reactions: nittnee
Nearly all predictions throughout the season end up incorrect. Many on this board predicted OSU losing to Oklahoma was going to doom Penn State. People predicted the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12 would all have undefeated/1 loss champions and all was lost unless Penn State finished undefeated.
Yep. And even after another year where no team went undefeated and two-loss teams were in consideration up until the end, the same old “everybody else will go undefeated and PSU needs to be undefeated to even be considered” posts will be back.

Also FWIW, Washington has a running back Myles Gaskin (listed at 5'10" 191#) who had more rush yardage than Saquon
Gaskin had 1282 yards, 6.2 yard/carry, and scored 19 TDs rushing and 3 Receiving

(Saquon 1134 yards, 5.7 yards/carry, 16 TDs rushing, and 3 TDs Receiving)

Rahne was able to make a few positive changes to make us more competetive vs. GA in 2015. Hopefully, he’ll be able to do something with our dysfunctional running game.

Just above Alabama, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Saquon is going to have more trouble finding room to run in this game. I hope they get creative.
Have to know a lot more before that kind of stat is meaningful. Did they face mediocre competition? Was their passing defense so bad that opposing teams just passed them silly? This late in the season, it should be a good indication of something.

Hmm, Emmert's old school. I wonder if he'll show up. He'd get more boos than Delaney last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT