ADVERTISEMENT

Was that the worst game Trace has ever played?

Pennstate4life

Oct 1, 2018
I was trying to think of a worse game that I've personally seen him play. Maybe @ Michigan in 2016, but that was a total team disaster. So, yeah I'm going to say last night was the worst game I've ever seen him play. It wasn't just the inaccurate passes. It was the decision making...he just looked off from the start.
Was it the worst you guys had ever seen him play? Or is there a game I'm forgetting where he looked even worse

Reactions: GregInPitt
Yes. He's never been the most accurate thrower but he's had the luxury of playmakers around him. He appears to lack confidence with his receivers this year. Anytime JJ gets single coverage he should be an option for a pass, much like Godwin, Gesicki and Hamilton were. Another factor is the way MSU defended him. They spied him the entire game. And made him throw from the pocket. They knew there DTs out matched our OL where in they would get pressure up the middle and make it difficult for TM to step up and throw. And when he was able to escape the pocket the "spy" was in his face. Great defensive scheme. I suspect all the remaining opponents will do the same. However it will only work if the DTs can outmatch our interior OL and they have a good spy. OSU lacked a good spy otherwise TM would not have run for 175 yards. Unless we change something, expect MU and maybe Wisky and Iowa to have success. I don't think the others have the personnel to make it work.

Reactions: ftlpsu
I was trying to think of a worse game that I've personally seen him play. Maybe @ Michigan in 2016, but that was a total team disaster. So, yeah I'm going to say last night was the worst game I've ever seen him play. It wasn't just the inaccurate passes. It was the decision making...he just looked off from the start.
Was it the worst you guys had ever seen him play? Or is there a game I'm forgetting where he looked even worse
Absolutely...his throws were sailing on him...he seldom hit receivers in stride. The one play...fourth and something-or-other deep in MSU territory...where he stumbled over his own feet and fell flat on his face without anyone touching him...sums up his day. Feel sorry for the kid.

The pass that totally slipped out of his hand early in the game was very un-Trace like. WTH happened there?

On that one, I think he actually saw a receiver turn the wrong way after he started the throw and tried to hold it up and it slipped out. No other reason he'd be bitching at anyone other than himself on that play.

Reactions: PSU2UNC and 81b&w
By far his worse game..good god he was bad.
Well of course it takes Trace to have worst game of his career for mich St to beat them.
Michigan St. had good game plan but he couldnt hit broad side of a barn last night.
His accuracy has been off all season but last night it was behond bad.
Oh and wr need to go except Hamler. They have not helped him one bit.

I think main reason not throwing down field anymore is because there is not one reliable wr with exception of Hamler who is not even starting.

On a side note: anyone else wish they would have put Stevens or Clifford in to throw that hail mary? I love Trace, but he doesn't have the arm for that long of a hail mary

Reactions: Nitt1300
For what ever reason he was off in all phases of his game.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Trace goes out of bound, MSU saved a timeout and left more ticks on the clock. But still, the game was winnable if #21 defends the touchdown. It was a poor effort by the whole team. However, Trace overthrew many balls. Even calls went against us.

ADVERTISEMENT