ADVERTISEMENT

Want to give someone a good laugh?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
Go to a bike shop and ask if they have any hybrid or mountain bikes...

ive been doing a lot of cycling and wanted to get a new bike. Couldn’t get the one I wanted (Specialized Sirius 2.0) but it’s nowhere to be found. Somebody suggested a very much equivalent bike (Trek FX 1 Disk) and I can find one in my size an hour away. I research and it looks good. I call the bike shop back on Wednesday and ask if they will hold it until Saturday (they have 2). The guy says they don’t put names on bikes for people, but I could make a non refundable 50% deposit on the bike. I chose not to. I called this afternoon to check if they still had it and they sold both in 48 hours. Crazy! Their next delivery of bikes will be August. Super crazy!

I think more labor than supply chain, though the lack of labor slows the supply chain.
you want people to work?
iu

Anything recreational is just not around due to supply and demand. A neighbor bought a boat about a month ago. Beautiful fishing boat, but nothing special custom wise. Normally about $50k all up, he paid $85k. Normal wait on build time is 6-8 weeks, his delivery date is December… of 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT