Wahoowa

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
So im back from aardvarkjr getting his aero eng degree at uva today. As I’m sitting on the lawn killing time before commencement I came across this passage from coverage of yesterdays college of arts and crafts ceremony:

Kathleen McPhillips, a Charlottesville native who double-majored in economics and environmental thought and practice, said being in the marching band with Strelser and getting to witness many of UVA’s biggest sports victories – including the 2019 win over Virginia Tech – was a highlight of her time.

“Environmental thought”? I mean at least they’ve dropped the “science” charade.

So todays grad was docs, architects, commerce, lawyers, nurses and engineers, or, as the commencement speaker put it, “the part of the class that can actually do something”.

when my dad graduated high school in the 30s in his mining town, my grandfather gave him a silver dollar which he carried with him for the rest of his life. Sadly we lost that, but today I gave my son a proof Jefferson/Monticello silver dollar

Last edited:

Jerry

May 29, 2001
So im back from aardvarkjr getting his aero eng degree at uva today. As I’m sitting on the lawn killing time before commencement I came across this passage from coverage of yesterdays college of arts and crafts ceremony:

Kathleen McPhillips, a Charlottesville native who double-majored in economics and environmental thought and practice, said being in the marching band with Strelser and getting to witness many of UVA’s biggest sports victories – including the 2019 win over Virginia Tech – was a highlight of her time.

when my dad graduated high school in the 30s in his mining town, my grandfather gave him a silver dollar which he carried with him for the rest of his life. Sadly we lost that, but today I gave my son a proof Jefferson/Monticello silver dollar

Congrats, Aard. My wife is a UVA grad. She was there during the glory days of Ralph Sampson...

Reactions: bourbon n blues

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

So todays grad was docs, architects, commerce, lawyers, nurses and engineers, or, as the commencement speaker put it, “the part of the class that can actually do something”.

Commencement speaker actually said that?
Congrats, .....onto Space, the final frontier!

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Congrats, Aard. My wife is a UVA grad. She was there during the glory days of Ralph Sampson...
Sampson was the Friday night speaker at class gift ceremony. Jr is going to help us catch thx Chinese and Russians in hypersonics. Starts phd program this fall having elected to stay there over Purdue.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020

Potential EPA Director.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Sampson was the Friday night speaker at class gift ceremony. Jr is going to help us catch thx Chinese and Russians in hypersonics. Starts phd program this fall having elected to stay there over Purdue.

Cool! It's a great school, and that sounds like a very promising career track...

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
Yep. Interesting and impressive guy. Undergrad uva aa studies after giving up traditional premed pathway. Columbia med school. Now professor of icu med at uva who is leader in public health Covid response/remdesevir clinical trial.
Congrats to your son. Side note Remdesivir is toxic, causes liver and kidney damage, the last people it should be given to are covid patients. Anyone pushing it is a dangerous moron.

It’s so toxic that it got pulled from the ebola trials. Look it up.

Some citations:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC7784780 (Rapid review of suspected adverse drug events due to remdesivir in the WHO database; findings and implications)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2781959 (Association of Remdesivir Treatment With Survival and Length of Hospital Stay Among US Veterans Hospitalized With COVID-19)

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

Congratulations to your son.

A proud moment.

Reactions: Aardvark86

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Congrats to your son. Side note Remdesivir is toxic, causes liver and kidney damage, the last people it should be given to are covid patients. Anyone pushing it is a dangerous moron.

It’s so toxic that it got pulled from the ebola trials. Look it up.

Some citations:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC7784780 (Rapid review of suspected adverse drug events due to remdesivir in the WHO database; findings and implications)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2781959 (Association of Remdesivir Treatment With Survival and Length of Hospital Stay Among US Veterans Hospitalized With COVID-19)
Well we can’t all be the wonder drug ivermectin now, can we? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts