Dominant Hand: Right
Prim. Position: OH
Sec. Position: OPP
Approach Jump 9ft 11in
Block Jump 9ft 9in
Standing Reach 8ft 0in​

MACY VAN DEN ELZEN
PERSONAL STATEMENT

I have learned many important lessons at an early age. I have an incredible little brother Reid who has Autism and has taught me to appreciate opportunities, to work hard, and the importance to love what I do.

Volleyball is more than a game for me; it has been life-changing. I am thankful for the great mentors and coaches I work with. They have made me better as a player and person. I bring the will to win, a love of learning strategy and a desire to improve physically and mentally with the game. I strive to become a well-rounded player and have enjoyed playing all six positions. I’m usually the first and last person to leave practice.

Off the court, I enjoy being a
member of our school’s Student Council,

tutoring for our National Junior Honor Society,

and participating in Autism Speaks awareness programs.

I am also very competitive and disciplined in the classroom, currently carrying a 4.0154 GPA.

I am equally eager to begin the recruiting process for college. I’m excited to find a school where I can grow and develop academically, athletically and personally. I am committed to being my best self.

Last edited:
MACY VAN DEN ELZEN
PERSONAL STATEMENT

I have learned many important lessons at an early age. I have an incredible little brother Reid who has Autism and has taught me to appreciate opportunities, to work hard, and the importance to love what I do.

Volleyball is more than a game for me; it has been life-changing. I am thankful for the great mentors and coaches I work with. They have made me better as a player and person. I bring the will to win, a love of learning strategy and a desire to improve physically and mentally with the game. I strive to become a well-rounded player and have enjoyed playing all six positions. I’m usually the first and last person to leave practice.

I am also very competitive and disciplined in the classroom, currently carrying a 4.0154 GPA.

I am equally eager to begin the recruiting process for college. I’m excited to find a school where I can grow and develop academically, athletically and personally. I am committed to being my best self.

Great kid!!

Reactions: PSU_Chicago and T J
MACY VAN DEN ELZEN
PERSONAL STATEMENT

Damn. Very impressive.

Reactions: T J and TheGLOV
...another great athlete from the Lehigh Valley headed to Penn State...
...looking forward to following her career and wishing her a happy time in Happy Valley... :)

It's not often I see mentions of my former high school here. I will be rooting for her.

We also got a verbal from Iman Ndiaye, a MB/RS from Texas. She is currently a HS sophomore.

Iman Ndiaye, 6-2 OH, Plano West (Plano, Texas) – Super fast and one who gets way off the ground, Ndiaye used those talents to set a school record for kills in a season with 572 in 2017, a 4.73 kills per set average! The District 6-6A Offensive POY also had 28 blocks and 61 digs but it’s clear that what she does is terminate. She set the school record by almost 100. “Give this girl two more years to continue to grow her game and she will be one of the best in the country offensively,” said coach Brittany Bridge-Rodriguez

I hate us for bringing kids like this to our school. ;)

Welcome, to PSU Macy! I look forward to cheering you on to another PSU national championship!!

Reactions: PSU_Chicago
MACY VAN DEN ELZEN
‘20 RECRUITING PROFILE

athlete_1031318_profile.jpg

Club: East Coast Power Volleyball
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 140
Approach Jump 9ft 11in
Block Jump 9ft 9in
Standing Reach 8ft 0in​
6'3, standing reach of 8'0. She has some seriously long arms, imagine the swing speed by the time she gets to PSU

Reactions: T J
MACY VAN DEN ELZEN
‘20 RECRUITING PROFILE

Approach Jump 9ft 11in
Block Jump 9ft 9in
Standing Reach 8ft 0in​
Not a VB person at all but a PSU fan of everything.

So I have a question about strength training for VB. What kind of training would be appropriate? Macy is slight and will additional muscle mass be a goal to help endurance or just fitness training be better?

Not a VB person at all but a PSU fan of everything.

So I have a question about strength training for VB. What kind of training would be appropriate? Macy is slight and will additional muscle mass be a goal to help endurance or just fitness training be better?
I am sure they work on strength for power/explosiveness with all of their athletes. Megan Courtney was similar body type, IIRC. Worked out pretty well for her;

We also got a verbal from Iman Ndiaye, a MB/RS from Texas. She is currently a HS sophomore.

Iman Ndiaye, 6-2 OH, Plano West (Plano, Texas) – Super fast and one who gets way off the ground, Ndiaye used those talents to set a school record for kills in a season with 572 in 2017, a 4.73 kills per set average! The District 6-6A Offensive POY also had 28 blocks and 61 digs but it’s clear that what she does is terminate. She set the school record by almost 100. “Give this girl two more years to continue to grow her game and she will be one of the best in the country offensively,” said coach Brittany Bridge-Rodriguez

Oh yea! Me likey!!

MACY VAN DEN ELZEN
‘20 RECRUITING PROFILE

Approach Jump 9ft 11in
Block Jump 9ft 9in
Standing Reach 8ft 0in​
Is this photo distorted or is she extremely thin?

Is this photo distorted or is she extremely thin?

More recent photo, with her Penn State shirt.

DkF1p0SU0AAkD4H

Check out her videos. She is a smart and athletic volleyball player, demonstrating skills with Sets, Kills, Blocks, Digs and Service Aces.

Nice package to build upon. Plus she is tall and may still be growing. When she settles into her eventual height, Russ Rose may have another really good front row player who can be a strong contributor. We will see.

Developing...

A word on my sig pic. Typically, I include only starters and those who are likely to contribute from the bench. This year, however, there are so many freshmen and so few upperclassmen, I have no idea who will be starting or even playing. The 2018 sig pic includes all seventeen players on the roster, starting with the most senior, left to right.

Reactions: T J and TheGLOV
Reminds me of Megan Courtney. Sure hope that she turns into another Megan. By the way Megan is listed at 6'1" and 135 lbs. I would have thought that she would weigh more then that.

A word on my sig pic. Typically, I include only starters and those who are likely to contribute from the bench. This year, however, there are so many freshmen and so few upperclassmen, I have no idea who will be starting or even playing. The 2018 sig pic includes all seventeen players on the roster, starting with the most senior, left to right.

Gee!

17 MORE negative reason for you to complain in other words!

;););)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT