Virginia school’s ‘anti-racist’ program has changed my son, mom says

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
If this isn't recognized as a perfect example of indoctrination, then the left is indeed really a cult. The extreme left took a perfectly normal kid and made him a victim because of the color of his skin. Despicable.

And we have clowns like @LafayetteBear who claim nothing extreme is being taught.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/virginia-schools-anti-racist-program-has-changed-my-son-mom/

She said the school has changed her son in ways she doesn’t approve of, filling his head with racial-awareness lessons that emphasize oppression and privilege. Her son now sees himself as different from his mostly white classmates: as a young black man who will have more struggles in life because of his race and because of the systemic racism that is endemic in American life.

“He is changing,” Riley said of her son. “If things don’t go his way or things seem unfair, he will now claim it’s racism. He never did that before. He now identifies as a black man, because that’s how the school told him he looks and who he is.”

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
If this isn't recognized as a perfect example of indoctrination, then the left is indeed really a cult. The extreme left took a perfectly normal kid and made him a victim because of the color of his skin. Despicable.

And we have clowns like @LafayetteBear who claim nothing extreme is being taught.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/virginia-schools-anti-racist-program-has-changed-my-son-mom/

She said the school has changed her son in ways she doesn’t approve of, filling his head with racial-awareness lessons that emphasize oppression and privilege. Her son now sees himself as different from his mostly white classmates: as a young black man who will have more struggles in life because of his race and because of the systemic racism that is endemic in American life.

“He is changing,” Riley said of her son. “If things don’t go his way or things seem unfair, he will now claim it’s racism. He never did that before. He now identifies as a black man, because that’s how the school told him he looks and who he is.”
Progressives believe that you can never have too many victims.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
The funny thing is, while there are obviously racist scumbags out there, these things are probably needed less than they ever have been. Even 10-15 years ago, when my kids were in more formative stages, the sensitivity to racism, bigotry, and "justice" among their generation was just extremely high, in a good way. When kids said or did inappropriate things along these lines, kids would get very upset. And not just my kids. Those in the community.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The funny thing is, while there are obviously racist scumbags out there, these things are probably needed less than they ever have been. Even 10-15 years ago, when my kids were in more formative stages, the sensitivity to racism, bigotry, and "justice" among their generation was just extremely high, in a good way. When kids said or did inappropriate things along these lines, kids would get very upset. And not just my kids. Those in the community.
My father would've put me through a wall for a slur back in my growing years. He was a white, blue collar republican. A son of a German farmer. He had a scholarship to PSU but preferred hands on work. I think we lost our way, where we could condemn actual racism but joke about it racial matter. Like Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Barry Sobel.

Reactions: PSU87

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

The boy in question is from an interracial marriage..... We've had so much progress, but yeah, there are still dick heads out there.

I agree with your observation. Having coached rec-ed soccer for years, the kids just didn't give a rats ass about one's skin color. Never had an issue. There was never anything inappropriate.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
The boy in question is from an interracial marriage..... We've had so much progress, but yeah, there are still dick heads out there.

I agree with your observation. Having coached rec-ed soccer for years, the kids just didn't give a rats ass about one's skin color. Never had an issue. There was never anything inappropriate.
You guys are missing the point I think. The whole purpose of CRT is to stir up racism. Marxism needs someone to be oppressed.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
My father would've put me through a wall for a slur back in my growing years. He was a white, blue collar republican. A son of a German farmer. He had a scholarship to PSU but preferred hands on work. I think we lost our way, where we could condemn actual racism but joke about it racial matter. Like Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Barry Sobel.
You'll probably never get me to agree that comedy should ever be dialed back on topics like this. For my money, comedy is absolutely the most efficient way of communicating things that are really important. The essence of good comedy is to take the worst qualities of humanity, and then exaggerate them, so as to leave no doubt (often via a single image or short vignette) as to core injustices. Bruce, Pryor, Murphy, Sobel, Rock are all in the very best tradition of comedy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
You'll probably never get me to agree that comedy should ever be dialed back on topics like this. For my money, comedy is absolutely the most efficient way of communicating things that are really important. The essence of good comedy is to take the worst qualities of humanity, and then exaggerate them, so as to leave no doubt (often via a single image or short vignette) as to core injustices. Bruce, Pryor, Murphy, Sobel, Rock are all in the very best tradition of comedy.
We can joke about truths but also watch our day to day behavior by being decent to each other. Even a movie like White men Can't Jump would probably be a no go these days. A movie about hustlers, people who take advantage of people's preconceived notions. Especially race.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
You guys are missing the point I think. The whole purpose of CRT is to stir up racism. Marxism needs someone to be oppressed.

Well, I've always said that the left loves to foment hate. They cannot be the good guy until they fabricate a bad guy. It should apply no differently here, but man, the reach astounds me.

Monlion

Jul 9, 2001
I had the same experience with my kids. When they were in high school 15-20 years ago race was never an issue, They had black and Asian (Indian and Chinese) friends over to our house many times and the interaction between them just seemed so easy and natural. One of my daughters married a mixed race man and I now have mixed raced grandchildren.

It seems that over the last 10 years the Democrat party has become invested in dismantling the progress that has been made in race relations since the 1960s.