ADVERTISEMENT

Vinnie Paul, drummer and co-founder of Pantera, dead at 54

The only Pantera song I like.

At first, I thought he was a founder of Panera. I really panicked.

o.jpg

:eek:

I had the pleasure to meet Vinnie and his brother Dimebag Darrell in Vegas. Sammy Hagar was putting a concert on for are industry. Sammy had them come up and do a bunch of songs. It was one of the best concerts I’ve had the pleasure to go to. Then after the concert Sammy picked a group of people to hangout and drink tequila with him. Somehow I was picked. Those guys couldn’t have been any nicer. I drank until 6 am with those guys. I will never forget we are sitting in the lounge with Sammy. And security stops the brothers at the door wouldn’t let them in. We hear Hey thats Pantera let them the f$&k in right now. The face of the security guards was priceless. These guys must have been 6 foot 8 inch tall 320 pounds of pure muscle and they have the fear of god look when Sammy yelled. Darrell had his typical cammeo gear on and Vinnie had his black hat and looked like he just got done working in a garage. We laughed all night about that. Boy those guys could drink. And very down to earth.

I had the pleasure to meet Vinnie and his brother Dimebag Darrell in Vegas. Sammy Hagar was putting a concert on for are industry. Sammy had them come up and do a bunch of songs. It was one of the best concerts I’ve had the pleasure to go to. Then after the concert Sammy picked a group of people to hangout and drink tequila with him. Somehow I was picked. Those guys couldn’t have been any nicer. I drank until 6 am with those guys. I will never forget we are sitting in the lounge with Sammy. And security stops the brothers at the door wouldn’t let them in. We hear Hey thats Pantera let them the f$&k in right now. The face of the security guards was priceless. These guys must have been 6 foot 8 inch tall 320 pounds of pure muscle and they have the fear of god look when Sammy yelled. Darrell had his typical cammeo gear on and Vinnie had his black hat and looked like he just got done working in a garage. We laughed all night about that. Boy those guys could drink. And very down to earth.
Never heard of him before but that’s a great story. You must be feeling especially bummed about this news, sorry about that.

Holy crap, that's a great story.

Reactions: LionJim
Was lucky enough to see them at Ozzfest 2000. Had tickets to the Pit in Camden NJ and watching Phil Anselmo swig Jack while dimebag Daryl bust into “5 minutes alone” was one of the best things I’ve watched musically ever.

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT