ADVERTISEMENT

Vincenzo Joseph Retires

Brendan Bilbro 1994
Perry Hills 2012
Vincenzo Joseph 2014, 2015
Ok so i think I understand now. There are technically only 13 h.s. in the Pittsburgh Schoold district. It does not include Central Catholic because it's a private school. I guess Willie didn't include CC when he said there was only 1 champ from within city limits. So I was right when I said I think Willie is close. Lol

Whole thing is ridiculous. Someone said Oklahoma can have Philly and Pittsburgh. I said Pittsburgh has good wrestling. Willie said Pittsburgh has only ever had one state champ. I posted the list of number of state champs by school. Willie said those are all Pittsburgh suburbs. I pointed to Pittsburgh Central Catholic. Willie said it was District 7. I posted its address. JTS got involved. I didn’t want to wear out my welcome on the OkSt board. So I brought it back here. :)

All the typical stuff you expect on the message boards where being technically correct is all that matters. :)

Whole thing is ridiculous. Someone said Oklahoma can have Philly and Pittsburgh. I said Pittsburgh has good wrestling. Willie said Pittsburgh has only ever had one state champ. I posted the list of number of state champs by school. Willie said those are all Pittsburgh suburbs. I pointed to Pittsburgh Central Catholic. Willie said it was District 7. I posted its address. JTS got involved. I didn’t want to wear out my welcome on the OkSt board. So I brought it back here. :)

All the typical stuff you expect on the message boards where being technically correct is all that matters. :)
Willie will twist it to fit. Central Catholic is both a WPIAL/D-7 and Pittsburgh school.
Be careful though, you might get lectured on proper behavior.

LOL well WPIAL I consider part on the city!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

Let's find some middle ground here: Pittsburgh Central Catholic has had zero state champs since Sunny Abe left.

Reactions: mcpat
It wasn’t a big argument. Just a little good natured fun.

District 8 is inner city Pittsburgh schools, wrestle in NW region and rarely get anyone out to states. Goodwin Nyama from Brashear won in 2012 @ 120lbs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT