ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova prediction

Nova isn’t a bad team relative to their classification. I predict that Penn State won’t win with enough margin to make everyone happy and we will be criticized for looking ahead.

Reactions: LionJim and N&B4PSU
Will we be allowed to blame Jay?
Asking for z friend.
Yes, of course. Even if there were a statute of limitations relative to his coaching tenure, his role on the BOT has renewed his availability for being blamed.

Reactions: psuro
Don't care. Nobody will be watching. We will win by at least 25 points. Whether it is 30 or 40, who cares

Same reason Bama played Mercer, Oregon played Stony Brook, WVU played Long Island, and on and on.
Sorry, but I don't get it at all. This is like scheduling Georgetown or Bucknell.

Temple is playing Wagner on Saturday. So both Temple and PSU are playing ridiculous games instead of playing each other, which we used to see on an annual basis.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Sorry, but I don't get it at all. This is like scheduling Georgetown or Bucknell.

Temple is playing Wagner on Saturday. So both Temple and PSU are playing ridiculous games instead of playing each other, which we used to see on an annual basis.
If you don’t understand why these games get scheduled then nothing anyone on this board provides to you will help you.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Nova isn’t a bad team relative to their classification. I predict that Penn State won’t win with enough margin to make everyone happy and we will be criticized for looking ahead.
I think that result is more likely than a 63-0 type blowout game. Team has gone through 3 weeks of tough games. Coaches always say a loss is a loss and there are no moral victories, but I think that is coach BS. I still remember that dope Mallory jumping up and down after Indiana scored on the last play in the 1994 game. Indiana lost, but closed the gap on the last play to like 7 pts. The guy just lost and he was jumping up and down like they won the super bowl. We had a giant lead and lost it as we played everyone. the SCORE in that game hurt us and may have ultimately contributed to us getting screwed in that season. I bet if you told the Nova coaches they were going to have a 31-6 type game, they would be delighted. I expect them to run a game plan to try and keep the scoring down.

If you don’t understand why these games get scheduled then nothing anyone on this board provides to you will help you.
I understand why. so we can have 7 home games. it is bean-counter thinking. but I am pointing out we could have 7 home games with Temple instead of Villanova. At least it would be an FBS opponent

I think that result is more likely than a 63-0 type blowout game. Team has gone through 3 weeks of tough games. Coaches always say a loss is a loss and there are no moral victories, but I think that is coach BS. I still remember that dope Mallory jumping up and down after Indiana scored on the last play in the 1994 game. Indiana lost, but closed the gap on the last play to like 7 pts. The guy just lost and he was jumping up and down like they won the super bowl. We had a giant lead and lost it as we played everyone. the SCORE in that game hurt us and may have ultimately contributed to us getting screwed in that season. I bet if you told the Nova coaches they were going to have a 31-6 type game, they would be delighted. I expect them to run a game plan to try and keep the scoring down.
I expect it to be like the Georgia State game a few years ago. PSU will be trying to get a shutout, and that will be the only remotely interesting dynamic of the day.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Villanova’s quarterback, Daniel Smith, has had a great career. Probably one of the most memorable and most impressive in school history. He will get the Wildcats on the board.

I’ll say 40-17 Penn State.

44-13 wide receiver U.

No one gets injured, we work out some kinks, play lots of backups, get fresh and ready for a real game.

After we beat them badly, what are the odds we hear: sure they're 4-0 but look who they play? Probably drop in the rankings.

PSU's biggest boost would be Wisky defeating ND. In 2 weeks the carnage will begin within the top 15. Wisky vs Michigan, ND vs Cinncinnati Ole Miss vs Alabama, Georgia vs Arkansas......pray for Auburn to beat LSU.
If PSU takes care of business vs Indy, they'll be sitting pretty.

What’s the difference? If you’re going to schedule a team that doesn’t help you at all if you beat them, might as well make it someone you can blow out and use it to get backups a lot of playing time. The dumbest thing a P5 team can do is schedule a game with a really good G5 team…that doesn’t help you at all. You win big, you’re supposed to and if it’s close it hurts you. If you lose, your season is basically over. Look at our game against Ball State…they were supposed to be good, but we blew them out and all we heard was “it’s just Ball State”.

Second team players????? They will get more than the second team into the game.

The over/under is 87.5 . . . that's the number of PSU players that will see the field on Saturday.

In all seriousness, Roberson will play and Veilleux will get mop-up duty. Expect to see Jaden Dottin, Malick Meiga, and Norval Black for a few plays. Elsdon will see time at MLB while Buddin and Kobe King get reps at OLB. Fashanu, Whigan, Christ, Israel-Achumba, and maybe Nick Dawkins see time on the offensive line. Enzo Jennings and Tyler Rudolph play a high number of snaps at safety while Kalen King sees significant time at corner. Ellies, Izzard, Mulbah, and possibly Brevard will see time at DT.

My only worry about this game is Kris Jenkins throwing a Hail Mary at the end of the game and Ed Pickney catches it.....😄😄😄😄😄

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
In the first half I see Clifford honing in his deep ball and RB's hitting the gaps really hard. In the second half all 2nd string.

PSU- 57
Nova-0

I understand why. so we can have 7 home games. it is bean-counter thinking. but I am pointing out we could have 7 home games with Temple instead of Villanova. At least it would be an FBS opponent
One reason might be (at least I hope it is) that we're throwing cash at Villanova as a quid pro quo for basketball scheduling.

48-17 with Nova scoring the bulk of their points in the 2nd half.

PSU needs to work on its inside run game and give the 2nd and 3rd strings meaningful playing time.

Penn State a lot. Villanova a little.

Seriously, it will be interesting to see that "hangover" for HV, the fans, and the team. We've had a really emotional and tough streak:
  • Ranked Wiscy at Wiscy
  • First home game with fans in two years
  • White Out night game on national TV
Has any team played two ranked opponents in the first three games except Kent?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT