ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Final Drive vs Iowa...

Had not noticed prior, but that last angle where they diagrammed Johnson's route showed that Hamilton was WIDE open on that play.

Reactions: jerseylion109
I was screaming my head off when TM threw the td. I gave myself a horrid migraine though.
Must have felt for Hawks fans like Henne to Manningham felt in '05. That was awful. This time it was yay good guys.

Reactions: Nittany18
Must have felt for Hawks fans like Henne to Manningham felt in '05. That was awful. This time it was yay good guys.

Well that 05 Michigan play should have never happened. It took a ton of shenanigans to get Michigan into that position. Plus it cost PSU and undefeated season and a shot at a national title. Iowa will never be in such a position.

Reactions: Gnat91
Well that 05 Michigan play should have never happened. It took a ton of shenanigans to get Michigan into that position. Plus it cost PSU and undefeated season and a shot at a national title. Iowa will never be in such a position.
and we lost one of our best players earlier in the game. The stakes were much higher for us, but the feeling in that last-second loss was likely pretty similar.

Reactions: pandaczar12
That was a great game Saw at least three blatant holds on that drive. A couple of them would have likely been Drive Killers one would have put you inside your 20 with like 2nd and 25.

But things happen and in the end it was a great game. If you were there like I was there probably is rarely a better atmosphere than that game. Glad I got to go to it

We went undefeated and a goal line play away from CFP in 2015.

And Iowa got crushed in the rose bowl, showing that they likely wouldn't have been able to win the first game of the playoff, and then play for a national championship. In 2005, there was no playoff and an undefeated PSU likely would have played for the national championship. (PSU also won their bowl that year.) So like I said, "Iowa will never be in such a position"

The 4th and 2 from McSorley to Blacknall was a short rocket. Hats off to both McSorley and Blacknall on that play.

Did you see how close Hamilton was to Balcknall. Hamilton was also very close to Johnson on the TD catch. Hamilton's defender was almost in position to break up both of those 4th down plays.

6_7659557.jpg

(Photo: USA TODAY Sports)

1. Penn State holds on: It’s not easy to win at Iowa. The last three Top 5 teams to travel there were all upset, and it looked like the Hawkeyes would make it four. But then Penn State made one of those drives that can define a season. Twelve plays, 65 yards in less than two minutes. It took two fourth-down conversions and some special plays by a dude named Saquon Barkley – the easiest pick for Offensive Player of the Week in this column’s history – but Penn State held on. Trace McSorley did not have a good night overall. Yes, Penn State piled up 579 yards of offense, but turnovers and wasted red zone opportunities squandered drive after drive. When it mattered, McSorley made the play of his life and threaded a game-winning bullet to Juwan Johnson to beat the clock. Barkley made the block that sprung the pass, and McSorley zipped the ball into the tightest of windows.

In the end, Penn State won a game contenders have to. The Nittany Lions were not at their best — far from it — but they went on the road and bested a quality Iowa (3-1) team, 21-19. It’s not a season-saving victory. But it is one that will ring loudly later in conference play.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
I saw Thomkins wide open.

Funny you guys should mention that. A Hawkeye buddy of mine texted me after the game claiming that TM was trying to throw to Thomkins, overthrew him, and got lucky that JJ was there. After looking at the replay I didn't agree, Thomkins was short of the goal line, I think they had to be throwing into the endzone there, not short of the goal line. Plus, if he was throwing to Thomkins then the throw wasn't just high, it was way behind him also.

I did notice, however, that he very well may have been throwing to Hamilton in the back of the endzone. If JJ wasn't there it looks like it may have gone through to Hamilton.

If you want to talk penalties or holding what about the drive where O'Neill trotted up to report a PSU penalty seemingly on every other play? We totaled eight for the night but they seemed to fall on that drive. My wife heard me shouting and asked what was wrong......told here I thought the Michigan ref crew reincarnated into O'Neill's crew. Don't really want to get into a ref discussion but there were points Sat. night it felt like old times, e.g. 2002 UM, 2005 UM, any OSU game and 2002 Iowa as Joe chased down that putz in the end zone.

That was a great game Saw at least three blatant holds on that drive. A couple of them would have likely been Drive Killers one would have put you inside your 20 with like 2nd and 25.

But things happen and in the end it was a great game. If you were there like I was there probably is rarely a better atmosphere than that game. Glad I got to go to it
There's literally holding on almost every play, I saw a lot of holding on Iowa players that wasn't called that would have stopped your drives. Get the eff out wth that holding crap!

thanks for that....two notes: first, on the second to the last play I don't know what herbie is talking about. That inside screen is set up well for Hamilton and nobody is within three yards of him. The LB doesn't bat the ball down that is most likely a TD. Second, you can see Gatis pull moorhead aside during the timeout then him talk to Johnson. Cool moment as they change Johnson's route on the final play.

Sorry, you're right. I saw a 5 on his back at first look. Don't know what the H I was looking at.

YOU WERE LOOKING AT THE GUY WHO WAS MORE OPEN THEN TOMPKINS AND COULD HAVE ACTUALLY MADE THE CATCH.

THOMPKINS MANS DRIFTS OFF TO PLAY THE BALL, IF THAT BALL IS TO DA HE HIS TACKLED SHORT

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS NO RETYPING im not yelling i swear

Was there a celebration penalty? The snap on the final kneel down looked like it was from the 18.

Was there a celebration penalty? The snap on the final kneel down looked like it was from the 18.
There was. The penalty would be because of all the players streaming onto the field. It can be forgiven because they probably didn't realize they had to play the extra point since it was still a 2 pt. game. Franklin realized it and got them off the field quickly.

During McSorley's run on the drive the wonderfully "unbiased" O'Neil Crew marked McSorley at least 2 yards in back of where he intentionally slid down - I've linked the video starting with McSorley's position (clearly still upright and running) at the point where the wonderful O'Neil Crew subsequently marked McSorley down (the Iowa 42 which you can see very clearly at the snap of the next play). McSorley slid down between the Iowa 40 and 39 yard line - well in advance of where he was actually marked by the "crack O'Neil Crew" by a minimum of 2 yards if not more! Go figure - just more "coinky-dink" that they didn't review this spot inside 2-minutes to go on a clear "game-deciding final possession" as they're supposed to do, don't you know? LMAO at the poser-trolls on this site that defend these corrupt clowns that have screwed PSU repeatedly since the day we joined (like PSU getting called for 3 Offensive Holding Penalties wiping out well over 100 yards in offense and stalling multiple possessions while Iowa got called for ZERO holding penalties on Offense despite their OLs and WRs repeatedly mugging PSU defenders at the point-of-attack OR how abour PSU getting called for 3 Defensive PI and Iowa never getting called for Defensive PI despite their d-backs clearly being shown "bronco-riding" PSU receivers from the LOS all the way down the field until the ball arrives??? No flags, go figure!)!

If you want to talk penalties or holding what about the drive where O'Neill trotted up to report a PSU penalty seemingly on every other play? We totaled eight for the night but they seemed to fall on that drive. My wife heard me shouting and asked what was wrong......told here I thought the Michigan ref crew reincarnated into O'Neill's crew. Don't really want to get into a ref discussion but there were points Sat. night it felt like old times, e.g. 2002 UM, 2005 UM, any OSU game and 2002 Iowa as Joe chased down that putz in the end zone.
For me nothing will top the ref manipulation of osu 2014. It was so blatantly obvious that the Big wanted osu to stay in the hunt for the national title at any cost. I still feel bad for our guys that night. As soon as I saw O'Neal I thought to myself, "we can't play a close game". It's amazing we pulled it out in spite of that crew. Though I didn't think the calls were nearly as bad as in past big games.

For me nothing will top the ref manipulation of osu 2014. It was so blatantly obvious that the Big wanted osu to stay in the hunt for the national title at any cost. I still feel bad for our guys that night. As soon as I saw O'Neal I thought to myself, "we can't play a close game". It's amazing we pulled it out in spite of that crew. Though I didn't think the calls were nearly as bad as in past big games.

And to think O'Neill fell silent on the final, game changing drive. I suspected he was going to become more vocal, what happened? The striped manipulators became so blatant even Delaney was embarrassed? How is that possible? Or was it the potential collective dollar signs Jimmy was envisioning? Greed goes a long way to overcome bias.

During McSorley's run on the drive the wonderfully "unbiased" O'Neil Crew marked McSorley at least 2 yards in back of where he intentionally slid down - I've linked the video starting with McSorley's position (clearly still upright and running) at the point where the wonderful O'Neil Crew subsequently marked McSorley down (the Iowa 42 which you can see very clearly at the snap of the next play). McSorley slid down between the Iowa 40 and 39 yard line - well in advance of where he was actually marked by the "crack O'Neil Crew" by a minimum of 2 yards if not more! Go figure - just more "coinky-dink" that they didn't review this spot inside 2-minutes to go on a clear "game-deciding final possession" as they're supposed to do, don't you know? LMAO at the poser-trolls on this site that defend these corrupt clowns that have screwed PSU repeatedly since the day we joined (like PSU getting called for 3 Offensive Holding Penalties wiping out well over 100 yards in offense and stalling multiple possessions while Iowa got called for ZERO holding penalties on Offense despite their OLs and WRs repeatedly mugging PSU defenders at the point-of-attack OR how abour PSU getting called for 3 Defensive PI and Iowa never getting called for Defensive PI despite their d-backs clearly being shown "bronco-riding" PSU receivers from the LOS all the way down the field until the ball arrives??? No flags, go figure!)!

If you think the proper spot was between the 39 & 40, you missed it by more than the crew.

What do you think about the spot on the PSU sideline in the 3rd quarter when they missed the proper spot by 30+ yards when Barkley's knee was down?

If you think the proper spot was between the 39 & 40, you missed it by more than the crew.

What do you think about the spot on the PSU sideline in the 3rd quarter when they missed the proper spot by 30+ yards when Barkley's knee was down?

Freeze the posted video at 3 minute 45.5 second mark dip$hit and you will see that McSorley is standing straight up-and-down and sprinting down the field crossing the Iowa 42 yard line (the point on the field the awesome O'Neil Crew spotted him down).

I love that the children of the corn can't let this one go. It's way under their skin. Too funny. I have a friend that is an Iowa grad. She said she cried for 5 hours. Didn't realize that their fans are such cry babies.

Reactions: pandaczar12
And Iowa got crushed in the rose bowl, showing that they likely wouldn't have been able to win the first game of the playoff, and then play for a national championship. In 2005, there was no playoff and an undefeated PSU likely would have played for the national championship. (PSU also won their bowl that year.) So like I said, "Iowa will never be in such a position"
Mighty presumptuous of you.

The rule states where a runner begins his slide and his knee hits just inside the 42. What is there to complain about there.
Again if I new how to post a picture I would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT