ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling VIDEO/NOTES: Weekly Media W/ Cael Sanderson and Roman Bravo-Young

Once again, you have that backwards. Joe pinned Spadafora in the dual. If you’re going to critique Joe, at least get the results right.
Yep, you are right. I looked at those results like 6 times and I had it stuck in my head he did a fall down and got pinned. Sorry about that.

The jist is still the same. Joe Lee on his back has occurred with enough frequency in the past 10 months that when it happens again it will not be a surprise.

Whatever is going on with kid, it is apparent the lessons that are taught successfully to so many others in Lorenzo are not sinking in.

Yep, you are right. I looked at those results like 6 times and I had it stuck in my head he did a fall down and got pinned. Sorry about that.

The jist is still the same. Joe Lee on his back has occurred with enough frequency in the past 10 months that when it happens again it will not be a surprise.

Whatever is going on with kid, it is apparent the lessons that are taught successfully to so many others in Lorenzo are not sinking in.
No worries and I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that last statement. In fact, based on how Cael was like with Joe in the 3rd period during his wrestleback match last year, Cael agrees with you as well.

I'm just curious, maybe we have something with Barraclough on top and we didn't see it because he was recovering from a very debilitating flu and just got caught on bottom against a strong leg rider in Hartman. Joe gets caught in scrambles that easily puts him to his back but other than the cradle from Nijenhuis, I haven't seen someone muscle Joe over actually, it's different tbh.

Barraclough could in theory put himself in position to win a lot of matches if he can ride people for an entire period. No I'm not predicting he makes some surprise run and AAs right now but way too early to write the kid off. Even if he doesn't do anything this year, he could be a big time late bloomer. After all, the kid still looks like a high schooler.

Also, the fact Joe didn't wrestle the Journeyman Dual IMO shows something is wrong with him. Either injury and/or he can't make 157 without being miserable right now.

No worries and I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that last statement. In fact, based on how Cael was like with Joe in the 3rd period during his wrestleback match last year, Cael agrees with you as well.

I'm just curious, maybe we have something with Barraclough on top and we didn't see it because he was recovering from a very debilitating flu and just got caught on bottom against a strong leg rider in Hartman. Joe gets caught in scrambles that easily puts him to his back but other than the cradle from Nijenhuis, I haven't seen someone muscle Joe over actually, it's different tbh.

Barraclough could in theory put himself in position to win a lot of matches if he can ride people for an entire period. No I'm not predicting he makes some surprise run and AAs right now but way too early to write the kid off. Even if he doesn't do anything this year, he could be a big time late bloomer. After all, the kid still looks like a high schooler.

Also, the fact Joe didn't wrestle the Journeyman Dual IMO shows something is wrong with him. Either injury and/or he can't make 157 without being miserable right now.
There is something going on. You mentioned the animated interaction at nationals last year, but Cael was pretty emphatic about Barraclough having earned the 157 spot and it is his for a while.
Jake Kemerer wasn't buying in to changes, techniques and game plans the staff was preaching and when it became obvious the desired changes weren't coming the staff moved on.

ADVERTISEMENT