ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting VIDEO: Instant Reaction to Penn State losing four-star DL Tomarrion Parker

kids?!

Very tough to keep out-of-state kids who are talented. I think a lot of these kids are impulsive and when reality hits, get cold feet. I know several kids that wanted to go to college in CA (Pepperdine and Stanford). A month before school switched to something more local (Case, Mellon, Denison).

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Hell, a car franchise may have offered him a big INL contract.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
kids?!

Very tough to keep out-of-state kids who are talented. I think a lot of these kids are impulsive and when reality hits, get cold feet. I know several kids that wanted to go to college in CA (Pepperdine and Stanford). A month before school switched to something more local (Case, Mellon, Denison).

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Hell, a car franchise may have offered him a big INL contract.
College football as we knew it is over. Sports teams depend on brand loyalty. Once the players could come and go via free agency I started to lose interest. It was around 1990-2000 for baseball and football, basketball was gone late 90s for me. But PSU football stayed up until recently.
What's the point if they're free agents, not Penn Staters? I know it's their legal right but the NIL is the final nail for me. All it takes is for a business to dangle a huge NIL offer to a recruit and poof, they're gone. Something up until recently was a serious rules violation.

College football as we knew it is over. Sports teams depend on brand loyalty. Once the players could come and go via free agency I started to lose interest. It was around 1990-2000 for baseball and football, basketball was gone late 90s for me. But PSU football stayed up until recently.
What's the point if they're free agents, not Penn Staters? I know it's their legal right but the NIL is the final nail for me. All it takes is for a business to dangle a huge NIL offer to a recruit and poof, they're gone. Something up until recently was a serious rules violation.
I saw my first PSU game at Three Rivers Stadium in 1975, became a season ticket holder in 1991, and have traveled to several road games. PSU used to be my favorite sports team, despite living in Pittsburgh and being a fan of the local pro teams. College football used to be my favorite sport. However, my interest both in PSU and college football has lessened in recent years, mostly for the reasons that you mention.

I still want PSU to do as well as they can, and hope that they win every game. However, whereas I used to be obsessed with recruiting and the games, it just doesn't affect me much anymore.

Last edited:
I saw my first PSU game at Three Rivers Stadium in 1975, became a season ticket holder in 1991, and have traveled to several road games. PSU used to be my favorite sports team, despite living in Pittsburgh and being a fan of the local pro teams. College football used to be my favorite sport. However, my interest both in PSU and college football has lessened in recent years, mostly for the reasons that you mention.

I still want PSU to do well as they can, and hope that they win every game. However, whereas I used to be obsessed with recruiting and the games, it just doesn't affect me much anymore.
Same here, at one point it was must attend all home games. Then it was must see TV unless I had some serious engagement, now I might watch it or not.

Same here, at one point it was must attend all home games. Then it was must see TV unless I had some serious engagement, now I might watch it or not.
When I had season tickets, I used to leave my house at 5:30 a.m. for a 12:00 p.m. game, and not get home until deep into the evening. That drive was about a 280 mile round trip, which I made 5 or 6 times a year. That's how committed I was. I know that I'm older now and don't have the energy that I used to have, but I never would do that now based on how the sport in general is unraveling.

When I had season tickets, I used to leave my house at 5:30 a.m. for a 12:00 p.m. game, and not get home until deep into the evening. That drive was about a 280 mile round trip, which I made 5 or 6 times a year. That's how committed I was. I know that I'm older now and don't have the energy that I used to have, but I never would do that now based on how the sport in general is unraveling.
That's me to ma T. Except maybe it was 125 miles or so lol

I still want PSU to do as well as they can, and hope that they win every game. However, whereas I used to be obsessed with recruiting and the games, it just doesn't affect me much anymore.
Penn State Pitt 7 to 6?

I was there and walked into the woman's restroom. I was walking down the hall the the "women" sign was recessed. The wall cut off the "wo" and left the "men". I walked it, a woman screamed, I looked and saw no urinals but a bunch of women fixing their hair, and walked out as fast as I could; glancing over my shoulder to see if there were any police coming.

• Haha
Penn State Pitt 7 to 6?

I was there and walked into the woman's restroom. I was walking down the hall the the "women" sign was recessed. The wall cut off the "wo" and left the "men". I walked it, a woman screamed, I looked and saw no urinals but a bunch of women fixing their hair, and walked out as fast as I could; glancing over my shoulder to see if there were any police coming.
These days you could sue them because they're transphobic.

• Haha
Reactions: CbusLion10
Sadly, I agree…and if NIL
heightens the same 4 in the playoff, interest will collapse…perhaps suddenly…perhaps very soon

Sadly, I agree…and if NIL
heightens the same 4 in the playoff, interest will collapse…perhaps suddenly…perhaps very soon
Yep, I was a Reds fan. The playoff rigging in the strike season was 1981 really fired me up. The strike shortened season in 94 did me in. Steroids piqued my interest for a few years but playoff expansion and the I’m shocked there are steroids in baseball ( they knew and condoned it because it put asses back in the seats ) killed it for me,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT