ADVERTISEMENT

Very distributing moment

jppsu

Jan 1, 2005
sitting in Buffalo Wild swing after a nice day of golf, wearing my PSU shirt and hat, guy two seats down from me asks if I would rather have a shower at Penn State or a drink at Temple! Almost got into an altercation. Never has happened to me. While, people are real A holes!!!

sitting in Buffalo Wild swing after a nice day of golf, wearing my PSU shirt and hat, guy two seats down from me asks if I would rather have a shower at Penn State or a drink at Temple! Almost got into an altercation. Never has happened to me. While, people are real A holes!!!
You might have considered distributing a few punches...

I get it! Drinking at Temple wasn’t safe because of Bill Cosby!

You’re a dude though so you could have told him Billy c only roofied hot babes. Not old dudes.

And you’re at least 21. Jerry would have left you alone. He only messed with the kids.

You should have told him that given the victim profiles you were completely safe in either environment. That would have shown him!

Reactions: richmin3

This thing and topic is more of a joke outside of those who feel they should be offended.

This board would regularly $hit on other program misdeeds and tragedies prior to the Sandusky event.

I could list some examples, but the people who are most offended right now were the same calling out other programs and mocking their tragedies.

Just have to let it roll off. I doubt anything serious was meant from it.

LdN

This thing and topic is more of a joke outside of those who feel they should be offended.

This board would regularly $hit on other program misdeeds and tragedies prior to the Sandusky event.

I could list some examples, but the people who are most offended right now were the same calling out other programs and mocking their tragedies.

LdN

I’ve probably had people make 50-100 rape jokes to me about psu. It’s stupid and they would make fun of Alabama or osu or usc or anyone given the chance. I agree you just have to take it as a joke.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

LdN

Agreed

I’ve probably had people make 50-100 rape jokes to me about psu. It’s stupid and they would make fun of Alabama or osu or usc or anyone given the chance. I agree you just have to take it as a joke.

I was at an away game a few years ago and some guy started yelling "Ped State" and "Sandusky..." whatever after that. Can't recall. I Grabbed him by the front of his shirt and yelled, "you think this is funny?" and the poor kid... some dopey bearded overweight 20something looked at me and said "It was only a joke".

I realized at that point, when this kid thought his life was in my hands, that to outsiders it is a joke. His sincerity was obvious. Like Ann Arbor is a whore. They just think it's funny.

LdN

Reactions: step.eng69
Where was this BWW?

And there was much rejoicing in the halls of the bot.

Guy deserves a glock barrel down the throat.

What would John Coyle do?

jjc1_bio.jpg

John Coyle
Director of Corporate Sponsors for the Center for Supply Chain Research , Professor Emeritus of Business Administration
Department: Center for Supply Chain Research, Supply Chain and Information Systems
Office: Business Building
Phone: 814-863-1231
Fax: 814-863-7067
E-mail: jjc1@psu.edu

Introduction

John J. Coyle is currently Director of Corporate Relations for the Center for Supply Chain Research and Professor Emeritus of Logistics and Supply Chain Management in the Smeal College of Business at Penn State University. He holds a B.S. and M.S from Penn State, and earned his doctorate from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, where he was a U.S. Steel Fellow. He joined the Penn State faculty in 1961, and attained the rank of Full Professor in 1967. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, he has served in a number of administrative positions including: Department Head, Assistant Dean, Senior Associate Dean. Special Assistant for Strategic Planning to the University President, and Executive Director of the Center for Supply Chain Research. He also served as Penn State's Faculty Representative to the NCAA for 30 years and to the Big Ten for ten years. Dr. Coyle was the Editor of the Journal of Business Logistics form 1990 to 1996. He has authored or co-authored 20 books or monographs and numerous articles in professional journals. He has received 14 awards at Penn State for teaching excellence and advising. In addition, he received the Council of Logistics Management's Distinguished Service Award in 1991; the Philadelphia Traffic Club's Person of the Year Award in 2003; the Eccles Medal from the International Society of Logistics for his contributions to the Department of Defense and the Lion's Paw Medal from Penn State for Distinguished Service, both in 2004. Dr. Coyle currently serves on the Boards of three logistics and supply chain service companies, the Advisory Board of the NLDC and continues to be active in teaching in the Executive Education Programs at Penn State.

Expertise
Supply Chain Management
Change Management in Supply Chains
Logistics, Marketing and Manufacturing Interfaces
Distribution Channels and Reverse Logistics

Education
DBA, Indiana University, Bloomington,

M.S., Penn State University,

B.S., Penn State University

While making the most serious, crazy-eyed face you could muster, you should’ve told the guy “hey, if you honestly believe that I’m deranged enough and capable of doing something with a young boy in a shower, just what the phuck do you think I’m going to do to you once you leave this restaurant!?! Watch your back, Jack!” (And then do your best Hannibal Lecter impression).

giphy.gif

If I could just have one righteous swing of a yuengling bottle into someone's face, just one time, maybe I could move on a bit from the burning hatred I have in my soul from this whole experience.

Reactions: bmw199

If taking a shower at Penn State allows you to get $5 million if you only turn on a old man you attended football games with into your 20s (or in the case of many, did not know this man at all), then go for it!

I was at an away game a few years ago and some guy started yelling "Ped State" and "Sandusky..." whatever after that. Can't recall. I Grabbed him by the front of his shirt and yelled, "you think this is funny?" and the poor kid... some dopey bearded overweight 20something looked at me and said "It was only a joke".

I realized at that point, when this kid thought his life was in my hands, that to outsiders it is a joke. His sincerity was obvious. Like Ann Arbor is a whore. They just think it's funny.

LdN
Similar thing, I played in a Bocce league in Philly (3 time champ FYI) and after shutting out some prick’s team in the playoffs while wearing a Psu wind breaker he goes off talking about child rape and showers at Penn State. I let two comments go and on the third I lost my shit. Shoved him and said first he was a terrible human for making light of a tragedy and second if he said it one more time to me that him and I were going outside. At that point one of my teammates pulled me back and the guy didn’t say another word to me.

Read the post below titled "Just saw a young women in a maryland (sic) 2015 homecoming shirt.".

ADVERTISEMENT