ADVERTISEMENT

Verdict announced: guilty of violating duty of care for child, not guilty for other EWOC/conspiracy

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001

But all the headlines will say Graham Spanier was found "guilty."

Last edited:
So the case was a joke and the jury worked really hard to find some reason to say guilty. The bottom line is after six years no conspiracy as we all knew. Mistakes were made. And it's a stretch to say Spanier was responsible for a second mile kid when the second mile was told about the allegation.

IOW freeh, the NCAA, and the media, etc. who ALL said PSU engaged in a conspiracy are full of crap.

This will get appealed and who knows what will happen with it in the PA kangaroo court system...smh

Wonder if this kangaroo jury somehow thought... We have to get him with something... We have heard the sedition of who or what a " caretaker" is... Let's find him guilty of EWOC knowing it will be appealed... Everyone walks home ok.,,??

Hahaha...responsible for the kid.

Welp
G0YYDXE.gif

In hindsight, obvious that the jury were going to find him guilty of something. what is possible of sentence?

Natural response when something doesn't go your way: FAKE NEWS! ITS A CONSPIRACY! ITS SO UNFAIR! EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET ME!

Response when something doesn't go someone else's way: STFU and deal with it. Take personal responsibility! Pick yourself up by your bootstraps, that's what I would do!

Spanier guilty of knowingly violating duty of care for child he was responsible for.

Show me in his job description where he babysits all the kids who set foot on campus.

Any kid who tripped and skinned their knee walking on campus probably has a good case against Spanier as well.

I seriously doubt you could or would.

Clearly you don't see hypocrisy when it is called out. Or just choose not to see it.

Guilty of Negligence. Not guilty of coverup. That's what it was the whole time. No conspiracy.

University Presidents across the country should be shitting themselves right now

imagine the can of worms this could open up ......

Well, luckily for them, not all of them are in a state whose judicial system is as effed up as PA's. But yeah, pretty frightening precedent.

The jury had to have been insanely biased to even entertain guilt beyond a reasonable doubt for ANY of the charges based on the case the state presented...unreal.

OK, he was responsible for the kid. Who was the kid? How is he supposed to be responsible for an unknown child?

Child he was responsible for ? WTF ????
They may have interpreted the fact that PSU officially granted Jerry access to the facility into this decision. As such, the may have decided that Jerry's guests are ultimately the responsibility of Spanier as he was acting as the head of the institution that granted Jerry access. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I don't think it can easily be dismissed.

So, if I punch my daughter in the nose at the B/W game in a couple weeks, is Barron responsible?? She has been a little mouthy lately!!

Some people on this board hate that guy enough (not sure if it was the not obsessing over Freeh report or joining black protestors, both which are mortal sins on this board) they would do that just to screw him over.....

They may have interpreted the fact that PSU officially granted Jerry access to the facility into this decision. As such, the may have decided that Jerry's guests are ultimately the responsibility of Spanier as he was acting as the head of the institution that granted Jerry access. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I don't think it can easily be dismissed.
That's ridiculous. So if you own a 100 acre farm, and somebody gets murdered on your farm, somehow that is your fault?

Natural response when something doesn't go your way: FAKE NEWS! ITS A CONSPIRACY! ITS SO UNFAIR! EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET ME!

Response when something doesn't go someone else's way: STFU and deal with it. Take personal responsibility! Pick yourself up by your bootstraps, that's what I would do!
So, if you didn't commit a crime, but a jury decided you did, you would be all like "Yep, I'm guilty, sentence me what you think is fair and let's move on." Doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT