ADVERTISEMENT

Van Ness + many others at Ultimate Club Duals today

Individual weight rankings are based on recent results. Pound for pound is based on overall results and long term performance. Me thinks
Appreciate it and that makes sense. SVN's body of work is obviously quite impressive but obviously 2 L's in a weekend will dock you.

Nope. Just like Noff, Nickal, Taylor, Megaludis, Lee, Joseph, Hall, Starocci, Brooks and many others PSU recruits - just an overhyped, underperforming nice kid. Unless we are now going to also challenge whether or not he is a nice kid.
By losing, it’s now easier for him to be an even better person than he is a wrestler. 🤔

Agreed. Isn't that what the bulk of fans do? From one bout to super hero.

Here's the thing imo. Like every great high school wrestler, SVN oozes talent. Most need a period of time to "tighten things up" as I've heard Cael say.
Consistency. I expected it out of my kid when he was 5 (I was way off) and 7 years later it is better but I can tell will be a work in progress his whole career. I speculate that HS wrestlers even as talented as SVN hit their peaks and valleys and a good college coach will get them to level the wave near the peak. SVN is a stud among all studs, I’m excited to see him don the white belt.

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
Didn't feel like starting a new thread but wanted to share this: Willie mentioned on his class rankings analysis he went to one of Shayne's practices and attests that nobody will outwork him. One time a Blair coach literally kicked him out of the room because they had to close it and the kid wasn't ready to leave.

I have a feeling we might see some anecdotes about him similar to Carter who others have also attested his work ethic is off the charts even for a Penn State hammer. Shayne will come in and he will take his lumps in a big way. Unlike Carter who wasn't able to take anyone down, I don't think SVN will have troubles with that. That being said, based on the scouting report for him, RBY and Nick are probably going to him down at will (think what Nolf did to poor Jojo in the 2017 Ok State dual) at first but when he weathers that storm ... he will be an absolute terror to watch.

Reactions: kevin310 and Ja1339
The talent were have available to get these young kids to jump levels is unequaled let alone the very best coaching. SVN will be an absolute terror at this level soon enough. I hope he shirts. Then.... we are all in for another treat.

Reactions: mjmirv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT